Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink elephant restaurant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

If you are asking because you don’t want to derail a plan you are on , then eat less that day and it should more or less balance out. I wouldn’t stress out about one meal out of 20 odd you will have in a week, the rest is where the benefits are. Generally I’d avoid deep fried food because of the oils and coating and not eat a rice or noodle heavy dish or anything that might have a lot of sugar in the sauces. Their duck salad looks good or the steamed fish. Might as well fully enjoy what you order though.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

silverharp wrote: »
    If you are asking because you don’t want to derail a plan you are on , then eat less that day and it should more or less balance out. I wouldn’t stress out about one meal out of 20 odd you will have in a week, the rest is where the benefits are. Generally I’d avoid deep fried food because of the oils and coating and not eat a rice or noodle heavy dish or anything that might have a lot of sugar in the sauces. Their duck salad looks good or the steamed fish. Might as well fully enjoy what you order though.

^^^
    great advice.

OP, you shouldn't be getting hung up on one meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, anyone should really be able to identify the hethiest option on a restaurant menu. You'll find it a struggle to keep weight off long-term if your nutrition knowledge is that bad. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, anyone should really be able to identify the hethiest option on a restaurant menu. You'll find it a struggle to keep weight off long-term if your nutrition knowledge is that bad. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Sounds more stupid than harsh.

Who said anything about needing to lose weight?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yes, silly me making an educated guess as to the reason for a post in a forum in which about 90% of the threads are about nutrition for weight loss...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Yes, silly me making an educated guess as to the reason for a post in a forum in which about 90% of the threads are about nutrition for weight loss...

I didn't say silly.

And even by your own estimation, your educated guess would be wrong 10% of the time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Was just looking for some advice, thanks to all that gave it! I don't eat out alot and I admit my knowledge would not be great!! I'm not trying to lose weight, but Id like to choose something thats healthy... 😊

Advertisement