Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotW - Old Hungers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"This little one of flesh brings a gift of splender, magical in fact...".

Bubby moves a step closer and clenches onto his grimoire, lifting it up so its visible and in sight.

Bubby steps towards the door, with the intent of opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    He sees he is near enough to be within walking distance.

Once he has dealt with the boy he heads back. As he makes his way toward it, he can clearly see the cultists running about in the lobby and shouting.

"He went through...how did we allow this!"

OCC : if the driver was wearing one...
    Darren pulls his cultist robe tight, sucks in his gut and hurries across to the left side of the door to listen. If any of them comes out he'll wait and try to cold-cock the last one with the butt of the pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"This little one of flesh brings a gift of splender, magical in fact...".

Bubby moves a step closer and clenches onto his grimoire, lifting it up so its visible and in sight.

Bubby steps towards the door, with the intent of opening it.
    The door opens itself before Bubby touches it, a red glowing light nearly blinding him.

Due to the strength of the light Bubby cannot make out much of the room beyond.

"ENTER" the voice says.

Necro wrote: »
    Cron goes to his motel room to freshen up. He stops at the door (OOC: let's say on the left hand side of the door, not directly in front of it) briefly to listen for anything suspicious inside.
    Cron hears nothing suspicious from within, the room is quite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cron hears nothing suspicious from within, the room is quite.

Cron swings the shotgun onto his shoulder and draws his sword. He pushes the door open slowly and enters.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    OCC : if the driver was wearing one...
    Darren pulls his cultist robe tight, sucks in his gut and hurries across to the left side of the door to listen. If any of them comes out he'll wait and try to cold-cock the last one with the butt of the pistol.
    The cultists are hurrying about, apparently a victim escaped, from the description it sounds like Cron. Apparently he violated "The Roots".

A cultist sees him and gestures for him to come in quickly.

Cron swings the shotgun onto his shoulder and draws his sword. He pushes the door open slowly and enters.
    Within he finds the room as he left it. His gear reflected in the moonlight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Within he finds the room as he left it. His gear reflected in the moonlight.

Cron cleans himself up quickly and looks down at his gear.

'Mess with me, huh? Time Cron tooled up. Stupid whackjobs won't know what hit them this time. Easy peasy.'

The cultists are hurrying about, apparently a victim escaped, from the description it sounds like Cron. Apparently he violated "The Roots".

A cultist sees him and gestures for him to come in quickly.

Darren nods so as to keep his hood low and shuffles inside, letting the loose robe sleeves cover his palmed revolver.

Darren nods so as to keep his hood low and shuffles inside, letting the loose robe sleeves cover his palmed revolver.
    Darren gets in no problem as the cultist approached him.

"Get to the cafeteria, down the hall, he enter through the fountain. We're conscrating it now and praying for forgiveness. Add to those prayers! Or more than a few of us will be fuked come morning.

Our master has already let us know he has sent a Mal'kop after that defiler. And you know what that means..."

• Advertisement

Cron cleans himself up quickly and looks down at his gear.

'Mess with me, huh? Time Cron tooled up. Stupid whackjobs won't know what hit them this time. Easy peasy.'
    Cron hears a thud outside, something heavy has landed on the outside balcony.

Cron quickly slides his clothing off to reveal a large wooden box. He quickly flips the lid open with the top of his shoe, keeping one eye on where the thudding came from.

'Hey - you on the balcony. Cron is givin' you one final chance before things get...'

He looks into the box and sees his trusty chainsaw gleaming in the moonlight.

'Messy.'

A smirk comes over Cron's face as he grabs it.

Darren gets in no problem as the cultist approached him.

"Get to the cafeteria, down the hall, he enter through the fountain. We're conscrating it now and praying for forgiveness. Add to those prayers! Or more than a few of us will be fuked come morning.

Our master has already let us know he has sent a Mal'kop after that defiler. And you know what that means..."

"Oh Boy! I wouldn't want to be in their sandals! Well, praise the master, catch you later - gotta get my pray on."
    Darren heads down the hall, looking for any fire alarm glass breakamajigs, plug sockets, pay phones etc on the way.

Cron quickly slides his clothing off to reveal a large wooden box. He quickly flips the lid open with the top of his shoe, keeping one eye on the thudding.

'Hey - you on the balcony. Cron is givin' you one final chance before things get...'

He looks into the box and sees his trusty chainsaw gleaming in the moonlight.

'Messy.'

A smirk comes over Cron's face as he grabs it.
    The creature rips the door off its hinges and grabs the door frame pulling itself in and rearing to full height, about twice that of Cron.

88LMoO.jpg

"Oh Boy! I wouldn't want to be in their sandals! Well, praise the master, catch you later - gotta get my pray on."
    Darren heads down the hall, looking for any fire alarm glass breakamajigs, plug sockets, pay phones etc on the way.
    He's grabbed almost as soon as he turns.

"Gotta get my pray on? What sort of way is that to speak of the rite?"

'Oh well, I asked nicely... now it goes the other way. Easy peasy.'

Cron starts up the chainsaw and advances on the creature.

OOC: +Tough

The door opens itself before Bubby touches it, a red glowing light nearly blinding him.

Due to the strength of the light Bubby cannot make out much of the room beyond.

"ENTER" the voice says.

Bubby moves forward into the red light.

Although he is unable to see much in front of him, he tries not to show he is in fact a bit blindsided.

Bubby strenghtens the grip on his book.

Cron leaps for the creature, chainsaw belching smoke as it starts to life. The creature bounds toward him...

OOC: Creature will inflict 3 harm leaving you with 1 more before you die. You deal damage to the creature not quite killing it, but seriously wounding it. Do you wish to:
    (a) Get +1 to your next roll
    (b) Upgrade wound to a kill
    (c) Reduce damage on yourself, leaving you with 2 health.
    (d) Force them somewhere (e.g. toss them out into the swimming pool)

He's grabbed almost as soon as he turns.

"Gotta get my pray on? What sort of way is that to speak of the rite?"

Darren stops channeling Training Day and taps into Widow Hamlet from last year's ill judged panto.
    "You would dare delay me when the rite of consecration is afoot? Hast thine brain taken leave of thine head? Unhand me, swine, lest the Master send his Malkop hither, to consecrate the cafeteria in the manner of old! Unhand me post-haste!"
    He throws in a firm slap to the chops for emphasis.

• Advertisement

Bubby moves forward into the red light.

Although he is unable to see much in front of him, he tries not to show he is in fact a bit blindsided.

Bubby strenghtens the grip on his book.
    The glow subsides and he sees he is in a room of starved animal corpses. The red light is coming from a portal opened between two arcing rib bones. The voice speaks from the portal.

"WHAT IS IT YOU HAVE THAT I MIGHT VALUE?"

Cron leaps for the creature, chainsaw belching smoke as it starts to life. The creature bounds toward him...

OOC: Creature will inflict 3 harm leaving you with 1 more before you die. You deal damage to the creature not quite killing it, but seriously wounding it. Do you wish to:
    (a) Get +1 to your next roll
    (b) Upgrade wound to a kill
    (c) Reduce damage on yourself, leaving you with 2 health.
    (d) Force them somewhere (e.g. toss them out into the swimming pool)

I'll go with option c please :)

Darren stops channeling Training Day and taps into Widow Hamlet from last year's ill judged panto.
    "You would dare delay me when the rite of consecration is afoot? Hast thine brain taken leave of thine head? Unhand me, swine, lest the Master send his Malkop hither, to consecrate the cafeteria in the manner of old! Unhand me post-haste!"
    He throws in a firm slap to the chops for emphasis.
    "Brother my apologies..." the man says startled "...I did not know you were of the elders...I...of course please go"

Darren quickly finds the power box, well the room it is in at least. A warning sign on a door next to the cafeteria. It won't open without a keycard.

I'll go with option c please :)
    The chainsaw cuts through the beast's sternum, releasing a strange yellow goop. In rage it smacks Cron into the wall. The impact almost, but not quite, knocking him out.

As he gets to his feet, he notices the beast moving back to the door. It is obviously unsure whether it should continue the fight and waits for Cron to act.

'Look... whatever you are - we can do this dance again - I'll kill you and you might kill me - but where does it get us? How about we go back and dish some major damage on those guys who sent you here to get hurt - I'll even drive! Easy peasy. Then when they're done, I'll close my eyes and you can vanish again. As long as you don't kill humans again I don't care where you go.

What you say - ol' buddy, ol' pal?'

Darren checks the robe for pockets and checks those pockets for a key card. If the corridor is empty, he tries using his foot as a key card (it's a cafeteria, not fort Knox!) or a fire extinguisher if there's one around.

(I'm assuming he doesn't have his axe. If he does, it's a remarkably effective skeleton key!)

'Look... whatever you are - we can do this dance again - I'll kill you and you might kill me - but where does it get us? How about we go back and dish some major damage on those guys who sent you here to get hurt - I'll even drive! Easy peasy. Then when they're done, I'll close my eyes and you can vanish again. As long as you don't kill humans again I don't care where you go.

What you say - ol' buddy, ol' pal?'
    The beast cocks its head. Confused looking.

It then leaps from the balcony, lands near the swimming pool and runs into the woods.

Darren checks the robe for pockets and checks those pockets for a key card. If the corridor is empty, he tries using his foot as a key card (it's a cafeteria, not fort Knox!) or a fire extinguisher if there's one around.

(I'm assuming he doesn't have his axe. If he does, it's a remarkably effective skeleton key!)
    Darren pulls out the axe he found on the robes and hacks in the door lock when the corridor is empty for a bit.

He easily slips into the room and closes the door, the power box and some repair equipment is all that is inside.

Cron shrugs and knocks off his chainsaw. He examines the yellow goop that came out of the beast.

• Advertisement

"For you, it seems, I hold time in my hands...".

Bubby shrugs as he slowly moves forward in the room and looks around.

"This..." He points around him. "It seems... Ineffective...". he says as he turns spins around (in an attempt to inspect the room for any further abnormalities).

"There are more effective ways, to gain power..." he says, now directly speaking onto the portal.

He looks at the portal to see if runes, magical symbols or other signs are present to indicate the type of ritual the group is dealing with.

Advertisement