Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Kris kindle/ secret santa

  • 03-12-2018 12:33am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ LeSponge


    Ok the workplace is doing kris kindle this year. I got a lad about 25, perfectly nice guy but is very quiet(bordering on awkward). Working in Dublin but would be from down the country. As a result I wouldn't mind getting something funny but not really sure what. Can't be too outrageous as I like my job and don't want to be fired when it gets pulled out of the bag infront of everyone including the boss.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin


    Is there a price limit? Kriskindles are often set to no more than a fiver or tenner, for a small gift.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ LeSponge


    Day Lewin wrote: »
    Is there a price limit? Kriskindles are often set to no more than a fiver or tenner, for a small gift.

    Yes sorry, it's 15 euro limit for the present.


  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ Tomw86


    LeSponge wrote: »
    Ok the workplace is doing kris kindle this year. I got a lad about 25, perfectly nice guy but is very quiet(bordering on awkward). Working in Dublin but would be from down the country. As a result I wouldn't mind getting something funny but not really sure what. Can't be too outrageous as I like my job and don't want to be fired when it gets pulled out of the bag infront of everyone including the boss.

    From where down the country?! O'Neills are doing mini Sam Maguires for 7euro, might be good as a joke!

    One year I also got a mini pool table, sits on the desk and can be good for a laugh. They have them in most gadget shops (one in Dundrum).


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin


    Carroll's Gift shops might have something suitable. Gloves or hats, also, can't go wrong.

    Light-hearted paperback from a bookshop, another safe and easy bet. Or booze, of course.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭ ebbsy


    Graphic novel. Sounds like that kind of guy.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭ Deja Boo


    Something interactive might be fun...

    Nerf basketball for door, desk or bin?

    a decision making pendulum swing for the desk or Magic 8 ball pen?

    a Rubiks Cube fidget spinner?

    ...an indoor snowball fight kit?

    a :oBS button ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭ Seve OB


    It's Kris Kringle isn't it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭ Tom Mann Centuria


    Seve OB wrote: »
    It's Kris Kringle isn't it?

    It's either. Kindle or Kringel.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy


    Kris Kindle is secret santa
    Kris Kringle is actual Santa Claus

    That's how I roll, anyway!


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Posy wrote: »
    Kris Kindle is secret santa
    Kris Kringle is actual Santa Claus

    That's how I roll, anyway!

    Same. That’s how I distinguish between them as well.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin


    Me, too: it was always "Kriskindel" for the little secret pressies.

    "Kris Kringle" as a name for Santa Claus bothers me a little, it sounds like some kind of crackers or crisps. Have a munch of Santa, anyone?


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    Krist Kindl comes from German and literally means Christ Child .


Advertisement