Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Dec 2nd Racing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Good jasus. Just wow

Ive said it before but for F**k sake nothing , NOTHING! can give her 7lbs over the fast 2 mile Champion Hurdle. Hopefully they have sense after yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    This yoke is a mad price. I would be far from a bumper expert but it looks an ok renewal. 4/9 seems lunacy. Will watch with interest.

Did it nicely in the end. I'd imagine the other bumper yoke would kick him out of the way fairly handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Took a while for the penny to drop and was taken wide around the final bend

Possibly a decent prospect but I'd agree, Malone Road looks way better thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Took a while for the penny to drop and was taken wide around the final bend

Possibly a decent prospect but I'd agree, Malone Road looks way better thus far

This one is better. Time will prove it to be true hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Envoi Allen out tomorrow in the last price rather skinny. The blame game has been punted from 100/1 into 25’s same race. I like Port Stanley in that, thought he ran a great debut under rules. Supasundae for me tomorrow if it runs think he will serve it up to Apples Jade

2 x 2nds against the odds on shots not so bad. Supasundae will improve tons for the run but hard to see Apples beaten if she continues to run like that. Stanley was green enough there still room to improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

aidankkk wrote:
    Ive said it before but for F**k sake nothing , NOTHING! can give her 7lbs over the fast 2 mile Champion Hurdle. Hopefully they have sense after yesterday.

Couldn't agree more. Have to take their chance .
    I actually backed limni when it hit 10s on the machine just down to price n given how close they were in the mares 2 years ago. But she destroyed them.
    What price would she be if she turned up. 3s max?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

aidankkk wrote: »

Think the fast 2 mile part would be the problem. Why go for the champion when she probably wouldn't win it.

They have a better chance with Samcro who clearly didn't run his race yesterday. If he had been beaten a few length you would say fair enough but no chance he is that far behind Hendo' s yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Kauto wrote: »
    Think the fast 2 mile part would be the problem. Why go for the champion when she probably wouldn't win it.

They have a better chance with Samcro who clearly didn't run his race yesterday. If he had been beaten a few length you would say fair enough but no chance he is that far behind Hendo' s yoke.

Every Chance Bvd is that Much better. What has samcro done over 2 mile to get this reputation other than hype?
    This is getting ridiculous by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Kauto wrote: »

Give it a rest BD is just a much better horse than Samcro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any chance benie des dieux turns up in the champion hurdle.

Better than Apples Jade as proven last season and get the allowance must have a big chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Benie des Dieux is very underrated. Everybody is talking about your Buveir D’Air’s, Apples Jades ect yet nobody is talking about BDD. She’ll serve it right up to them this season and is a proper mare

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

aidankkk wrote: »
    Jezki wins the county in march so hard to know how hard he'll be trying tomorrow

Wicklow Brave says hello.

Every Chance Bvd is that Much better. What has samcro done over 2 mile to get this reputation other than hype?
    This is getting ridiculous by now.

Absolutely could be the case but not a 8L better horse as was the case on Sat. I'm certainly no Samcro fan but hard to believe Elliott was so wide of the mark. Amy number of his stable mates would have beaten him on Saturday.

I believe and have heard that he left him well short at DR on his first run. He then went hard on the horse in the following 3 weeks with the result the horse ran flat on Saturday.

BumperD wrote: »
    2 x 2nds against the odds on shots not so bad. Supasundae will improve tons for the run but hard to see Apples beaten if she continues to run like that. Stanley was green enough there still room to improve

Thought Supasundae got a very hard race today. Was under the pump a long way out. Could leave a mark on him for Christmas.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Benie des Dieux is very underrated. Everybody is talking about your Buveir D’Air’s, Apples Jades ect yet nobody is talking about BDD. She’ll serve it right up to them this season and is a proper mare

Benie wouldn't have the pace for 2 miles even if it was bottomless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any chance benie des dieux turns up in the champion hurdle.

Better than Apples Jade as proven last season and get the allowance must have a big chance.

Lol. Apples Jade at her best laps the Mullins mare. Better me hole :pac: She ran about 2 stone below her best in the mares hurdle at Chelt and Punchestown.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Lol. Apples Jade at her best laps the Mullins mare. Better me hole :pac: She ran about 2 stone below her best in the mares hurdle at Chelt and Punchestown.

You can lol and make all the excuses you want.

They faced each other twice and Benie beat her comfortably twice.

You can lol and make all the excuses you want.

They faced each other twice and Benie beat her comfortably twice.

I don't think there is anyone that possibly believes that was apple Jade's true running in either of those races? She was also beaten by Midnight Tour and Augusta Kate.

I don't think there is anyone that possibly believes that was apple Jade's true running in either of those races? She was also beaten by Midnight Tour and Augusta Kate.

I also don't believe Apples Jade would lap Benie like the poster claimed.

Whether she ran her races or not she was comfortably beaten twice by Benie who has never been beaten.

I also don't believe Apples Jade would lap Benie like the poster claimed.

Whether she ran her races or not she was comfortably beaten twice by Benie who has never been beaten.

BDD has been beaten a number of times over hurdles in France.

I think that comment was a bit tongue in cheek. But the fact of the matter is that on what we know on a pure ratings basis Apples Jade has put up better figures than BDD. She hasn't been allowed the opportunity to show otherwise but Apples Jade has to be fair. I'm sure we will find out this year at some point. Maybe Willie might give her a chance against the boys at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Apples Jade has never performed at her best at Cheltenham, don't think the track suits her.

If she was mine i would bypass Cheltenham and go for Aintree instead. The performance she put up there in her novice season was sensational!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Gringo180 wrote: »

Agree, AJ clearly wasn’t at her best last spring, I’d lump on to put BDD in her place if/when they meet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

BDD has been beaten a number of times over hurdles in France.

I think that comment was a bit tongue in cheek. But the fact of the matter is that on what we know on a pure ratings basis Apples Jade has put up better figures than BDD. She hasn't been allowed the opportunity to show otherwise but Apples Jade has to be fair. I'm sure we will find out this year at some point. Maybe Willie might give her a chance against the boys at some point.

I’d love to see BDD back over fences! Think she only had the one run over them on her Irish debut down in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

EICVD wrote: »
    I’d love to see BDD back over fences! Think she only had the one run over them on her Irish debut down in Limerick

Think she went somewhere like Carlisle and was super impressive. Id love to See her chasing again.

EICVD wrote: »

She actually won the Listed Chase that was run in Carlisle last weekend last year. Also one that one that is in Naas in spring the Opera Hat.

Advertisement