Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

If i opt out does my non attendance at that match count in the overall attendance.

Or with an opt out am I just marked as non attendance and just not charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

sgarvan wrote: »
    No it doesn't. Opt-out just prevents you from being charged for attendance but still counts toward your attendance.

So I'm not charged and not marked as attended either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

mystic86 wrote: »
    What's the bloody point of having a season ticket?! It's my first time in years having one and for the Munster final I want to bring a +1, I go to add them in the bring a friend section and the only tickets they are offering me is row C in section 404, terrible seats right at ground level! And the size of the new stadium down there, this is all they offer me?! Can't change it. I could get better tickets by simply going on to tickets.ie

Also, I thought I was getting a fiver discount on championship games as a season ticket holder, but it's just the same discount that everyone gets for buying in advance, which is available up to midnight the night before the game.

This is absolutely beyond pointless.
    You gor the first game of the championship for free. They didnt.

Also on the Bring a Friend option the seats are deliberately bad to ensure people are forced to buy the season tickets. If your friend got as good a seat if not better than a season ticlet holder it'd be unfair.
    kala85 wrote: »
    If i opt out does my non attendance at that match count in the overall attendance.

Or with an opt out am I just marked as non attendance and just not charged.
    You still get counted as not attending you just don't get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

You gor the first game of the championship for free. They didnt.

Easy to do when they know most fans don't turn up for the 1st game, including me.
    Also on the Bring a Friend option the seats are deliberately bad to ensure people are forced to buy the season tickets. If your friend got as good a seat if not better than a season ticlet holder it'd be unfair.

I am not saying just as good, but it's gone from one of the best seats in a huge stadium to one of the worst. There is a middle ground. I am bringing an extra person with me, more ticket sales for them, and they reward a season ticket holder for doing that by giving them really crap seats. Oh ya, perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Easy to do when they know most fans don't turn up for the 1st game, including me.
    Season ticketers aren't typically casual attendees though. Any missed League matches usually are made up for by significant championship attendance to meet the 60% minimum.

I am not saying just as good, but it's gone from one of the best seats in a huge stadium to one of the worst. There is a middle ground. I am bringing an extra person with me, more ticket sales for them, and they reward a season ticket holder for doing that by giving them really crap seats. Oh ya, perfect sense.
    When you factor in club allocations/season tickets that's the majority of the central seats gone. That's why Bring a Friend leaves you in the tickets.ie allocation because that's realistically all that's left.

• Advertisement

When you factor in club allocations/season tickets that's the majority of the central seats gone. That's why Bring a Friend leaves you in the tickets.ie allocation because that's realistically all that's left.

The same fixture last year only drew 27,674 in a 45,000 capacity stadium. They would want to cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cmere,

We are repeatedly told that the ticket allocations are random for HQ.

I've had the Dublin ST since day one and I have had the same crowd around me since then no matter where I go in the stadium!

In fact, for the game in Nowlan Park against Laois a few years back, the same lad and his daughter that always sit behind me were behind me there as well!

The logic of the ST office know no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

Anyone's attendance updated for breffni park on Saturday between Donegal and Tyrone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Cmere,

We are repeatedly told that the ticket allocations are random for HQ.

I've had the Dublin ST since day one and I have had the same crowd around me since then no matter where I go in the stadium!

In fact, for the game in Nowlan Park against Laois a few years back, the same lad and his daughter that always sit behind me were behind me there as well!

The logic of the ST office know no bounds.

it can be a bit Eerie that , only way you can get out of it i think is defer the payment to thursday at 10 am , any time i done this i was put in a central but different area of the ground surrounded by a different group of people

but if you pay on the tuesday you will be back again surrounded by the same people again :rolleyes: , my suggestion would be change the card details to maybe an expired bank card and change it back wednesday to the normal one and they will take the money out on the thursday morning 10 am

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

The same fixture last year only drew 27,674 in a 45,000 capacity stadium. They would want to cop on!

Section 404 isn't a bad section, row C is poor alright, should give a choice, i.e. section 403 row Y would be better.
    I'd say they'll do well to get 20,000 this year so you could have your choice of seats on the evening.
    The main draw with season tickets is the guaranteed all ireland for those lucky to get that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

LilNiall wrote: »
    Anyone's attendance updated for breffni park on Saturday between Donegal and Tyrone?

id say give it a couple of days , the hurling in limerick has yet to be updated either , send them an e-mail later in the week if nothing changes

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

This is exactly the type of person who season tickets are NOT aimed at!! How about all the league games you get for free...Or do you not turn up to them either? Lads get a free game and somehow turn it into a bad thing. As bad as the GAA are the Season Ticket is one of the few things it actually gets right!

jj72 wrote: »
    This is exactly the type of person who season tickets are NOT aimed at!! How about all the league games you get for free...Or do you not turn up to them either? Lads get a free game and somehow turn it into a bad thing. As bad as the GAA are the Season Ticket is one of the few things it actually gets right!

Nonsense, in that case why is it only 60% that's required and not 90%? Them's the rules, and I'm doing more than fine on that front.

But if I have a season ticket I don't expect a really crap seat for a fixture that was only 61% full by way of attendance in the same fixture last year, regardless of bringing a +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mystic86 wrote:
    But if I have a season ticket I don't expect a really crap seat for a fixture that was only 61% full by way of attendance in the same fixture last year, regardless of bringing a +1.

You don't get a crap seat if you don't use the bring a friend option. Had the season ticket since 2014 and the worst seats so have got were in Killarney for the 2015 Munster Final and Replay.

Croke Park seats and PUC seats have been top notch.

Nonsense, in that case why is it only 60% that's required and not 90%? Them's the rules, and I'm doing more than fine on that front.

Ah look if you don't want the season ticket don't buy the thing. If sitting in a good seat is the reason you buy it then you're buying it for all the wrong reasons. If you are doing fine on that front with attendance then im sure you will also have noticed all the league games were free...but sure with your attitude then that's probably a bad thing as well.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    You don't get a crap seat if you don't use the bring a friend option. Had the season ticket since 2014 and the worst seats so have got were in Killarney for the 2015 Munster Final and Replay.

Croke Park seats and PUC seats have been top notch.

Yes, I know, got a good seat with it for the league final etc. But with attendance probably expected to be 60% at most they should find me a better spot. Better seats can be found on tickets.ie on general sale, that's not right.

jj72 wrote: »
    Ah look if you don't want the season ticket don't buy the thing. If sitting in a good seat is the reason you buy it then you're buying it for all the wrong reasons. If you are doing fine on that front with attendance then im sure you will also have noticed all the league games were free...but sure with your attitude then that's probably a bad thing as well.

All the wrong reasons? What's the right reason, just the ticket for the final if your team makes it? That's not the only basis on which it's pitched.

As for your comment on my attitude, I'm well within my right to be annoyed. Obviously the league games were included, but that's all part of the calculation you weigh up when deciding to buy a session pass, so that's already factored in, as was the expectation of not getting a seat that's worse than what's on tickets.ie, bringing a friend with me or not.

All the wrong reasons? What's the right reason, just the ticket for the final if your team makes it? That's not the only basis on which it's pitched.

As for your comment on my attitude, I'm well within my right to be annoyed. Obviously the league games were included, but that's all part of the calculation you weigh up when deciding to buy a session pass, so that's already factored in, as was the expectation of not getting a seat that's worse than what's on tickets.ie, bringing a friend with me or not.

Look its very simple, if you expect the game to be 60% full...why don't you walk over to an empty seat that's in a better spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

If you expect the red carpet treatment from the season ticket then it's not for you. You'll sometimes get good seats, sometimes you won't. If you opt to bring a friend you'll be shunted off to inferior seats. If there are issues with scanners and attendance is not logged the people in the office don't care, they'll fob you off. There are many ways it could be better but it is what it is.

It's not great value either, it doesn't save you that much money at all (some years I have actually made a financial loss compared to had I pre purchased tickets online for each individual game). Overall I have pretty much broken even.

Limerick got to the final last year, and I walked out of Croke Park after beating Cork in the semi final happy in the knowledge that I had my ticket for the final already done and dusted. I didn't have to endure the mad search like I did back in 2007 when I didn't get sorted until 10pm the night before the match.

For that alone the season ticket is priceless, all the not so nice aspects addressed in the first half of this post are insignificant if you're lucky enough that your county makes a final and you have the peace of mind of knocking you have a ticket sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Its reasonable to assume, that if you buy a season ticket, and you dont opt out of a ticket for a match thats outside of that, you should get a decent seat. You defintely shouldnt be able to buy better tickets in the same price range.

I would agree that if you want to bring someone with you and sit beside them, then you are losing that better seat.

But the GAA are just concerned with getting your money.......the opt out thing is a joke......you are charged for a ticket automatically unless you opt out by the midweek before the match.

You should have the option of buying a ticket up to say, the Tuesday before a match, not the other way round.

Also, the Cavan one at least, it was assumed you wanted a stand ticket in Clones for the Armagh games......rumour has it the Dubs have the option of a season ticket for the Hill.

It should be opt in by the Tuesday, where you can pick stand/terrace and pay accordingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Nic_Col wrote: »
    If you expect the red carpet treatment from the season ticket then it's not for you. You'll sometimes get good seats, sometimes you won't. If you opt to bring a friend you'll be shunted off to inferior seats. If there are issues with scanners and attendance is not logged the people in the office don't care, they'll fob you off. There are many ways it could be better but it is what it is.

It's not great value either, it doesn't save you that much money at all (some years I have actually made a financial loss compared to had I pre purchased tickets online for each individual game). Overall I have pretty much broken even.

Limerick got to the final last year, and I walked out of Croke Park after beating Cork in the semi final happy in the knowledge that I had my ticket for the final already done and dusted. I didn't have to endure the mad search like I did back in 2007 when I didn't get sorted until 10pm the night before the match.

For that alone the season ticket is priceless, all the not so nice aspects addressed in the first half of this post are insignificant if you're lucky enough that your county makes a final and you have the peace of mind of knocking you have a ticket sorted.

I know everyone is different but for me, it has been brilliant value. I bought the club+ option as I go to quite a few club matches. €10 a pop for a club match without season ticket. That combined with the league matches included easily goes beyond the 200 I pay for the season ticket.

I know everyone is different but for me, it has been brilliant value. I bought the club+ option as I go to quite a few club matches. €10 a pop for a club match without season ticket. That combined with the league matches included easily goes beyond the 200 I pay for the season ticket.

Whats the Club + option?

To be honest, Id rather give my club the money direct, that have Croke Park distrubute, with a fee being charged themselves for admin....thats an assumption btw....I havent a clue how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

I think the season ticket is the best thing the GAA have done in recent times. For the likes of me who lives away from my home county it gives me a chance to go to every game with quality tickets at a low average price. The league matches free is a great and encourages you to get off your ass and go to the games. I went to every game in Limerick's NHL run this year bar 2 (6 games I think). Computer system could be improved but it does its job without fuss.

There is lots of things wrong in the GAA but I think they need to be congratulated for the season ticket scheme. Great value and have been recommending it to everyone who will listen to me.

slegs wrote: »
    I think the season ticket is the best thing the GAA have done in recent times. For the likes of me who lives away from my home county it gives me a chance to go to every game with quality tickets at a low average price. The league matches free is a great and encourages you to get off your ass and go to the games. I went to every game in Limerick's NHL run this year bar 2 (6 games I think). Computer system could be improved but it does its job without fuss.

There is lots of things wrong in the GAA but I think they need to be congratulated for the season ticket scheme. Great value and have been recommending it to everyone who will listen to me.

Its a great idea in principle, but for the knockout matches where you have committed to a ticket, you should be pretty much getting the best tickets available, and there is no way, IMO, that a normal punter should be able to get a better ticket in the same stand from tickets.ie.......loyalty should be rewarded.

In the 3 matches in knockout football this season, I got a good ticket visibility wise for the first round, but the second 2 games I was given a seat on the 13m line....thats not good enough

GAA are just concerned with revenue generation....the price rise on tickets when attendances were dropping this year, pretty much nails that

Goddam revolut rejected the transaction.

First time I used this card with my ST and now look at me.

I emailed the office straight away though. So hopefully they'll try again. Fuming!

Anyone got a phone number for the ST office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

They will try again but if I was you I’d change cards to a proper bank cos if it fails next time your season ticket is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Anyone know if the season ticket card for Galway v Dublin will allow entry to the stand or is it just terrace? Can’t find the info anywhere online. Bad feeling it’s terrace only. Thanks

Edit: Season Ticket holders thrown in the terrace for this one. Found the answer online eventually.

They will try again but if I was you I’d change cards to a proper bank cos if it fails next time your season ticket is gone.

Got it sorted i didn't realise they were doing multiple payment runs still. I thought they were only doing one and a failure meant your st was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Got it sorted i didn't realise they were doing multiple payment runs still. I thought they were only doing one and a failure meant your st was gone.

No. They will try twice every round of games. Got caught once or twice with expired cards ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Hi do you know when the bring a friend option will be available for the Leinster hurling final. In the FAQ it only states that depending on availability you can bring up to two friends. Thanks

Advertisement