Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2018 (Spoilers)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    ronda getting better and better..way more acrobatic

She's a female Angle. She just gets it.

Good woman Becky!!! Doubt ya becky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She's a female Angle. She just gets it.

ya you could see he had hand in helping her before wrestlemania,you heard that quote before "dont make work,work you.make work, work for you".shes in her dream job.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nia will almost certainly cost Becky the belt later now.

WWE even feeling fancy with some foreshadowing; "Becky should be careful not to fight too many battles at once."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's working hard but the fans still don't want to boo Bryan. Won that match pretty clean too which was surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Renee Young looks great but she's poison as a commentator

• Advertisement

Oh, that's another wrinkle thrown in. Ronda might interfere after what she just said and cost Charlotte, leaving Asuka to win! Yes please.

It's been a very good PPV so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

the women of these PPVs all this year have kept it brillant..great move to bring "evolution" to all the PPvs

Yes! Asuka! She deserves that.

Fair play to Charlotte for surviving that match. The legdrop & powerbomb spots had to hurt quite a bit.

I posted this earlier but I guess it never appeared. Whoever laid out the Rollins vs Ambrose match would want a slap. It was like they were told half way through to pad it out a few more minutes.
    I'm not going to blame this crowd who were more subdued than I expected for a few of the bigger matches but damn this company needs more top babyface & heel characters so bad it's crazy to think WWE got away with such bad creative for this long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

The Ambrose-Rollins match was a bit of a disaster, which is a shame.

Asuka! Her winning was the right choice, interested to see where the Becky-Ronda-Charlotte angle goes. Lots of possibilities. I just hope they don't try force Nia on any of them.

Is Ziggler a heel after beating down Balor or is it to early now to give him the Zig Show moniker?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was the Ambrose/Rollins match no supposed to be a ladder match?

Apparently Vince was "furious" with the Rollins/Ambrose match. Wouldn't be surprised, thought it was a load of crap that should've been halved in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They had to bleep out Charlotte saying "Oh fúck" after the leg drop. "Oh my God oh fúck".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

There was a lot of issues with it although I think the feud in general has been a bit of a bust, Ambrose has just turned into any other heel even with the shared history of the Shield and the heat from Roman's illness, he's still just doing the "(insert town here) sucks" and insulting the crowd's hygiene, which is lame and just cheap heat.

Then there's the fact that for what should have been a personal blood feud, it was a really sportsmanlike wrestling match when it should have been a violent brawl.

What's worse is that we'd just had a classical wrestling style match with Styles and Bryan which was great so that didn't help.

What should have been a shorter violent personal brawl became an overlong professional style match and it was poorly placed on the card to top it off. The ending was lacklustre too and the crowd was exhausted at this stage.

I don't know if either guy came out of this looking great. Just my two cents though.

EDIT- Oh and a shoutout to the commentary on this match which was half spent on Graves digging at Renee about Ambrose at home. We get it Renee and Dean are married but it's become clear they're hardly going to address it, move on! It got to a point where they moved away from it and then started again, Cole started telling Graves to just call the match. What is the point of this?

J. Marston wrote:
    Apparently Vince was "furious" with the Rollins/Ambrose match. Wouldn't be surprised, thought it was a load of crap that should've been halved in time.

I'd love to have seen Vince's reaction to these. I'm amazed no video ever leaked of him going livid. The commentary with the increasingly annoying Corey Graves pestering Renee who's meant to be trying to explain a garbage storyline.
    The Nal wrote:
    They had to bleep out Charlotte saying "Oh fúck" after the leg drop. "Oh my God oh fúck".

It looked absolutely horrendous, Lynch plopped right down on top of her stomach from quite a height. Fortunately Charlotte is physically well built as if that was someone petite like a Sasha Banks or Bliss she'd be f**ked after that spot.

ERG89 wrote: »
    It looked absolutely horrendous, Lynch plopped right down on top of her stomach from quite a height. Fortunately Charlotte is physically well built as if that was someone petite like a Sasha Banks or Bliss she'd be f**ked after that spot.

Charlotte gave her a proper slap in the face on the table later in the match. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a little payback, even though they're friends.

Edit:

https://streamable.com/pg3k0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ll say this. Whoever is booking the women’s division is doing a great job but it highlights the issues in the men’s. It feels like there’s someone different.

That was the first time where I felt the placement of women in the main event was fully deserved. It wasn’t an attempt at “history” or WWe doing it to pat themselves on the back. It was the best story, hottest characters and an ending that needed to close the show. (Becky va Ronda would have earned it too, had it happened....).

Not only was it a great match, the short and long term booking made sense. The crowd were happy with Asuka winning despite the screwy finish and the fact it meant Becky lost. That says a lot about how much the crowd are behind her. It created multiple stories coming out of the match too. Short term and long term, and super long term; a reminder, that’s twice now that Auska’s big moment has been overshadowed by Ronda, something that will provide a great background for a feud between them down the line.

Whoever is booking the logical, Consistant stories of the Smackdown women needs to be given more time to shine up and down the card.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ThePott wrote:
    There was a lot of issues with it although I think the feud in general has been a bit of a bust, Ambrose has just turned into any other heel even with the shared history of the Shield and the heat from Roman's illness, he's still just doing the "(insert town here) sucks" and insulting the crowd's hygiene, which is lame and just cheap heat.

Ambrose as a star is a busted flush in WWE. Could have been so much more but they made him crazy as a coot. He's just not that entertaining on the Mic or in the ring and hasn't been for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Definitely looks like Ronda vs Charlotte vs Becky now at Wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Its funny how so many ppvs this year were mostly good the whole way through, but a crappy main event ended up leaving a sour note on the whole thing

Backlash being main evented by a non title Roman v Joe match, Extreme Rules with Ziggler in the main event at all, Summerslam and the crapfest of Reigns/Lesnar and what it was, Hell in a Cell with Lesnar interference and a non finish

Last night though ended up damn good and one of the best of the year, only dud being Rollins/Ambrose and maybe Natalya/Riott but that had no expectations anyway so wasn't disappointing like Rollins/Ambrose

Raw is as bad as its ever been but at least a good show can still be put on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renee makes Coach and Otunga sound like JR at his peak.

I also meant to say seeing Becky get the champions entrance in the main event of a PPV was fcuking amazing.

It doesn't matter the result.

Becky Lynch is the most over wrestler in the world.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really hope they dont just fade Becky out leading to Ronda vs Charlotte at WM. I kinda felt that Charlotte got the reigns treatment last night as in to make her look strong , felt she got up fairly quick after some of the spots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I reckon they'll have to put Jose over Brock at Mania. Obviously too expensive not to.

Multi tabs open ;)

Corbin > Mourinho. That's how shíte he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seemed to show more of Charlotte's reaction to Asuka winning than Becky.
    And as was said, when you can have the most over wrestler lose the title and still have the fans cheer the winner, then they're doing something right.
    While Charlotte looked to take a lot of Becky's weight (was Charlotte too close to the edge? Not blaming her) the spear through the railing looked painful for Asuka.

Went through Randy/Rey's match quick enough. Just no interest in those guys.
    Same with Nattie. I wouldn't watch because of Nattie. I would watch for the Riott Squad.

Can't believe on a card where R Truth and Carmella are fighting Jinder and Alicia, the cruiserweights are still on the preshow.

I do like how they're actually utilising the dual brand PPV for the women. Rather than just waiting for a special PPV, they go with the more believable story of they're in the same building so they're going to interact with each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement