Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping beers from Belgium

Options
  • 27-11-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Hey, just checking is there any issue shipping in beer via Belgium for personal use? It's coming in via bpost so I assume there won't be any issue when handed over to An Post or a courier?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes, you aren't allowed. It customs find it it'll normally be destroyed. You may be offered the chance to pay the customs duty - which will make it non-economic to do so - via a circuitous route but realistically only once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Damn, I guess I should try to cancel. I thought within the EU it was no problem? I was more worried An Post wouldn't ship liquids and not a tax problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Excise duty isn't cross-EU in that way yet. You can bring back what you want more or less once its with you. Similar but not identical restriction on prescription medicine, cannot be brought in to Ireland by post but fine with you.

You could let it go and see if it gets here and chargeback if it doesn't, but it would be rather most honest to cancel rather than let a retailer (who should know better tbh) take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hey, just checking is there any issue shipping in beer via Belgium for personal use? It's coming in via bpost so I assume there won't be any issue when handed over to An Post or a courier?

It might slip through. There are loads of guys ordering beer in a thread in bargain alerts and I was surprised to see them getting it using parcel motel and parcel wizard.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057924267

When an offer on groupon etc happens then loads of similar boxes will land in the country and be more likely to be processed. I know a guy stung for wine and paid the duty. There are plenty of threads of people being stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Who are you ordering off may I ask? I fancy some Belgian beer for Xmas also

• Advertisement
Advertisement