Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 25 November

Options
  • 24-11-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

I’ve had a good look through tomorrow’s card at Navan. For auction novice hurdle will be interesting contest with dinions trying to extend his winning streak. Get the feeling with the ground the way it is that a lot of good younger horses are finding it hard to get a run. The troyton looks impossible i’ll let others try to solve that. Had a good look at finale, the mares listed bumper, with yokon lil favorite. Having watched a few of the replays, I’m drawn to ballydunblaze. She ran against the boys over cd first time out on similar ground that she will encounter tomorrow and having hit some trouble in running when squeezed for room 3 out, she picked up nearly instantly to take up the lead and shot clear in the style of a really good one, hitting the line hard. Bucks billionaire was 4 lengths behind that day and he came within 8 lengths of Malone road so that gives the form some substance. I’m always taken by a filly or mare that can serve it up to be geldings. I’ll be having a decent bet at 8/1 gl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

In the big race of the day, I am not sure I could be having Almond Eye at 5/6. Sure, it is the outstanding three year of the season over there, but I think over 1m4 against the boys, it's going to be a different ball game. I don't like Suave Richard either. That run last time out was so bad you could not believe and follows previous disappointments, to me it does not look justified as second favourite. I have looked at both European challengers and am not sure that either are good enough (I think Capri will like the track, but am not convinced it will like the firm ground). My dart has settled on Grand Cheval, who as the winner of this race last year and third the year before that, has natural each way claims at 11/1.

Navan 1:00 - Top novices hurdle race here where you could easily see the winner coming out on top at the Ballymore novices at Cheltenham later this year. The one I have picked for this race is Magnium. I was seriously impressed when this won for Tony Martin's badly out of form yard at the end of last season before being put away. It ran a cracker on seasonal reappearance when staying on well at Navan over 2m. I think it simply lacked a gear and badly needed the step up in trip based on what I saw. When you consider the top progeny of Westerner demands a trip, I think that this could be a very good horse to be running over 2m competitively. I think this is one to watch over an extended trip over hurdles this year, and can see it taking on fences the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

In the big race of the day, I am not sure I could be having Almond Eye at 5/6. Sure, it is the outstanding three year of the season over there, but I think over 1m4 against the boys, it's going to be a different ball game. I don't like Suave Richard either. That run last time out was so bad you could not believe and follows previous disappointments, to me it does not look justified as second favourite. I have looked at both European challengers and am not sure that either are good enough (I think Capri will like the track, but am not convinced it will like the firm ground). My dart has settled on Grand Cheval, who as the winner of this race last year and third the year before that, has natural each way claims at 11/1.

Had to back Capri at 40/1 on 365. Seems madness

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

I echo Mr BumperD wholeheartedly on Ballydunblaze.

I was very impressed with her c&d win in September. To add to the earlier precise analysis, her price markedly drifted before the off and the trainer's comments afterwards suggests she surprised them with the performance, which is always a wonderful thing.

She may have very much liked the fast going on the day but I'm happy to still have a nice punt on here at the 8's, which is freely available.

Exciting day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

BANJO 12/1 EW 1.30

Didn't stay the 20f lto. Prior to that only just failed to beat a well handicapped one over today's distance.
    Paul Townend booked for the first time catches the eye

GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Anyone have a look at the Uppoxetor card ?

Couple of interesting ex Irish runners there today.

NotwhatIam formerly trained by Richie Rath racing in the 2.40. It won last year popping up at a big price and beat another Wexford trained horse that I had backed that day , but hasn't repeated that since and sold to the Skeltons. May win today, but far too short at 6/4. I'll swerve.

On Raglan Road in the 3.10. Ex Tabor owned and WP Mullins trained horse. See they have been running this over 2m for some strange reason, now stepped up. Presumably Johnny Burke has finally fed back what distance it needs. 14/1. Might have an each way squeak.

3.40 White Lilac. 25/1 in the betting. A maiden. Then you look at the maidens and see that it was beaten by Miss Eyecatcher and Good Tyne Tara. Not shabby races. Up to last year with DeBromhead. Second start for Neil Mulholland, bottom of the weights, getting 9lbs off the top weight and she's stepping up in distance.

In Ireland, thought Dinons in the 1.00 @ Navan was the bet of the day. 2/1 but all those 1's at Roscommon, Killarney, Sedgefield, Perth and Cheltenham. That last win at Cheltenham last month was won so easy with 147 rated horses in behind shows the horses versatility. No coincidence that this was Elliots choice. He has won this race 4 out of the last 7 years.

Which leads to the Troytown @ 2.30 where Elliot is chasing a five timer but which one!! As much as I enjoyed Out Sam winning earlier this month, he's up win the weights and I have a sneaking suspicion that if Squouateur is back to anywhere near his third in the Paddy Power last Christmas, that he will take some beating. An in and out horse he's 16/1 and drifting. I'd be happier if Jamie Codd was riding but I'll take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I think Out Sam still has a decent chance in the Troytown even though he is up 8lbs for Cork National win lto.Ive also backed Tout Est Permis Ew from the in form Noel Meade yard. Dinons has won five wins on the bounce but they did not look the strongest of races and he also has to concede weight today, happy to take him on with First Approach 7/2 who looked impressive winning at Down Royal last month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What race is this Francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Might be more of a doubt on the favorites at Navan,
    But Paddy Power are doing a free bet if 2 3 or 4 to SP favorite
    12 00. 2 00 2 30 3 00 and 3 30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Stheno wrote: »

It was in Japan and is over Almond eye won

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Japan Cup this morning. Broke the track record.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/international/fillies-triple-crown-winner-almond-eye-makes-history-in-japan-cup/355164

Gigginstown placed 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the opener there. Not sure how that can be good for racing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

2.20 Exeter Lil Rockerfelker races lazily and has thrown in a few hairy leaps over fences. Definitely one I'd always take on at heavy odds on over fences. Will go with small bet at 9/2 on the 2nd fav rather than lay.

Gigginstown placed 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the opener there. Not sure how that can be good for racing at all.

Went in, in the order of their SPs too!

Was a terrible field in all fairness. Time to put the kettle on ?

You know your going mad when your answering your own questions, but I guess it was.

Hopefully the rest of the day is Gonnabegood.

Anyhow pissing out of the heavens at Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Its a joke Francie,ruining irish racing, smaller trainers and struggling jockeys must be crying into their bowl of cornflakes every morning knowing they very little chance of winning against such a power house

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2.30 mine now 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I agree with the assessment on Magnium in the 1.00 will be backing also. However I disagree that this is a strong hurdle and we will see a Cheltenham win out of it. This is not a very strong race imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great ride by ruby, couple of casualties unfortunately

Some travisty of a race that. Elliots horses all over the shop. Dinons heavily eased. And Ruby spoils the party for Magnium supporters.

Bad fall that Sometime soon took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'll take a good Ruby ride like that in the Troytown please. I'm opting for the current favourite Minella Beau. Really think he had a decent chance lto only for his fall and is now up against the guys at the front of that race off the same mark. Has 8 pounds extra on Out Sam for example.

He jumps well and is very well handicapped for a 7/1 - 15/2 horse. Don't normally like backing he favourites in these big handicaps but can't help myself with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

I'm not backing at all as I said, but if anyone is backing Monbeg Gold in the next at exeter, I was told a few days a go it won't win today. Its around 9/4 I think.

All in Moonbeg Gold :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

irishgoat wrote: »
    I'm not backing at all as I said, but if anyone is backing Monbeg Gold in the next at exeter, I was told a few days a go it won't win today. Its around 9/4 I think.

Why don't you make a laying thread, nobody cares

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

3.00 Hareth , 25s earlier to 14s with PP , Byrnes at it again??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

irishgoat wrote: »

I would be asking some serious questions of my source😂

Mikedrop wrote: »
    I would be asking some serious questions of my source😂

It was actually the best backed horse at Exeter today and duly romped home

http://www.attheraces.com/market-movers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

BumperD wrote: »
    All in Moonbeg Gold :pac:

Missed it. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Elliott training 11 of the runner's in the 2.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Get Wishing is well supported in the last at Exeter

Advertisement