Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

yeah got there in the end:) , met Paul descending from the Bluelight

https://www.strava.com/activities/2434516282

a great day and great company, thanks to Irishrover for organising the route etc

yeah i did a lot of silly stuff trying to get over 5000m of Up after finishing at the Bluelight, repeats on the lower bits of Ticknock rd , a trip down to Dundrum village and back up, cycling around hilly housing estates etc, at least it warmed me up after the puncture at the gap in the downpou at 6C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Well done to everyone yesterday who gave it a go.
    Even turning up for this deserves some praise and I was surprised to see 9 of us at the start including a few new faces.
    The weather played ball for most of the day although it was 6 degrees in the morning and a complete contrast to the last few years.
    Reaching Rathdrum after 92km and already having 2100 meters of climbing done really showed how hard the first part was and I was already falling of the back of the group a few times.
    Some of those short steep climbs were really hard.
    Anyone else think I should leave them out next year?.
    After that we reached devils glen, that knocked the stuffing out of me. Nobody spoke a word going up there and from then on in I knew I was not going to finish it.
    I was off the back into a strong head wind and the speed of the rest of the group demoralized me.
    I was glad when Arron said he was also not doing the full route and along with Tony we left after Shay Elliot and just before Rathdrum.
    Neither of us had any regrets about it as I think the 3 of us were on the limit.
    Glad to see the 3 lads that continued on completed the course.
    They were really the 3 strongest all day.
    Anyway my legs/knees are bolloxed today and haven’t felt like that since maybe my first W200.
    Looking forward to next year already 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hard to know whether to offer congratulations or would that be validating lunacy?
    Well done all of you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Well done to you all...
    Had to divert out of the hills at Blesso to save my buddy....
    I had my doubts early in the week if doing an Evil was a good introduction to cycling I haven't heard anything from my mate since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Well done to you all...
    Had to divert out of the hills at Blesso to save my buddy....
    I had my doubts early in the week if doing an Evil was a good introduction to cycling I haven't heard anything from my mate since :)

Was is Ray that was with you Nudge, he doesnt seen to be doing much, unless its all off strava stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

secman wrote: »
    Was is Ray that was with you Nudge, he doesnt seen to be doing much, unless its all off strava stuff :)

Nah another lad in training for IM in Cork.
    I’d of made Ray do it all :D
    (Hes away on his jolliers)

Advertisement