Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRT madness!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Also meant to say, that cable will get you the best RGB picture you can.

However, if you're eager to get it tested now, your monitor more than likely has a composite input too. All you need is one cable for that.

It's really simple actually, just connect a composite video cable out of a console into one of these and that'll go right into the BNC composite input on the monitor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNC-Plug-to-Phono-Socket-Adapter-Gold-Plated-Composite-Video-Cable-to-CCTV/383002811809?hash=item592cbf1da1:g:TfAAAOSw8iJeKiCM

I actually have a bag of them if you want one.

If you spare a few i'd be much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

safetyboy wrote: »
    If you spare a few i'd be much obliged

I got a bag of those off o1s1ns recommendation, absolute life savers

So did anyone get the rest of those monitors?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've heard nothing from no one about arranging a collection, so I'm still waiting I suppose.
    I'm not really sure what to expect at this stage.

Nadda,
    Dont think I'll be able to get them this week/weekend even if they do come up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll certainly pick one up, if the call comes in.
    I'm off tomorrow, so could get in to collect during the day, should the call come...

• Advertisement

any idea how to connect that console bnc connects

i just get black and white on the PC engine, no manuals out there tbh but looks good, the RGB works fine so I assume it has colour, i'll try the saturn next these are all Japanese btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Black and white picture is typical with composite NTSC signal on a Pal monitor

I have the cable oisin recommended there is no colour options

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have the cable oisin recommended there is no colour options

Does you PC Engine output RGB? Some of them are stock composite only.

• Advertisement

tried the JP saturn which is the same the rgb changes colours lovely, ithink its the BNC connections

tried the JP saturn which is the same the rgb changes colours lovely, ithink its the BNC connections
    file

file

Happy's

file

doesnt like upload pics from phone..

Any word on how the rest of us might obtain one of these yet, or are they lost??

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any word on how the rest of us might obtain one of these yet, or are they lost??
    I'm in hospital but will get on to the guys

I'm in hospital but will get on to the guys

I'm sorry to hear that, hope all will be well with you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Question for you CRT fans - what is a 32" Trinitron worth?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Esel wrote: »

Wide-screen? Not a lot unfortunately. People can't give them away. They're not desirable for retro games as older consoles tend to use 4:3.

Don't mess with the ratios man!

Speaking of ratios...

Picked up a Dell 2001FP LCD monitor on Adverts (he's got a second one for sale as well), its a 20" 4:3 but supports 15KHz and 31KHz inputs.
    Primarily got it for use with my Amiga and Archimedes computers as they do switch between 15K and 31K depending on what resolution and screen mode you're in. But it should work with consoles as well, interesting to see how it scales 240p input..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

Esel wrote: »

somebody will take it alright but you'll have to pay them !:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

was offered one two weeks ago... noooo thank you :)

Master of the Universe

It's amazing how much 4:3 screen size shrinks once you go widescreen.

32 inch sounds big, but the vertical is actually quite small on a widescreen. When you display 4:3 in it's proper ratio, the picture size is tiny. Lot of bulk and weight for dead screen space.

29 inch 4:3 trini will have a smaller footprint and will give a bigger picture than a 32 inch widescreen from what I remember.

o1s1n wrote: »
    29 inch 4:3 trini will have a smaller footprint and will give a bigger picture than a 32 inch widescreen from what I remember.

2 inches bigger in fact..

http://screen-size.info/

I can only get b/w its a BVM has rgb and they work but none of the consoles are in colour driving me mad

No colour

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

2 inches bigger in fact..

http://screen-size.info/

That's mad. So a 32 inch widescreen at 4:3 is only really giving you a 27 inch 4:3 picture?
    I can only get b/w its a BVM has rgb and they work but none of the consoles are in colour driving me mad

So you have all the RGB BNC cables (and the Sync cable) going into the correct BNC inputs?

Have you got RGB selected correctly as the input? You need to have Ex Sync pressed too. (that might be on the pull out drawer)

Advertisement