Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 16/11/2018 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bob Harris wrote: »
    What is on after that is so important that they can't let it run over?

Anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Last word from the one with nothing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

Love Karl Dieter. He's such a rock of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yaaay Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

He's lost his Cork accent, that lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, he didn't even say where the winner was from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is Eoin Corrigan homeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Rush them out the door.

'We haven't solved the problem here tonight'

Not likely in less than 20 mins Ryan, you eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Winner from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Dublin is not dense at all.

How true! Its incredibly intelligent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe it was someone in RTE pretending to have won and there was no prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Building the wrong stuff.

Says the man with a fetish for massive windows

A friend of my other half built a large family home in the **se*ole of nowhere with a little inspiration from Dermot's fixeruppers show.

My first impression of it was it looked like a funeral parlour. All big windows with steel and timber cladding. No curtains or blinds in any room. Come evening sitting having coffee before our journey home....to me it felt like a peeping tom's paradise.

Even the kitchen was very clinical with so much stainless steel. But the bathroom was to die for on the second floor. The only way peeping tom would see in there was if he had his drone hovering outside the tiny windows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

The Irish Times woman admitted she bought her house in Dublin while single at 25 during the Celtic Tiger, why is he on the show then??

And her advice move out of the City centre, wow who could have thought of that

Mr Corrigan could well afford that without winning

What the FCUK was the point of that ??

5 minutes talking about the housing crisis with 3 contributors . 5 hours wouldn’t be enough time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What the FCUK was the point of that ??

5 minutes talking about the housing crisis with 3 contributors . 5 hours wouldn’t be enough time !!

It is what people want to be watching heading towards midnight on a Friday...

RobertKK wrote: »
    Maybe it was someone in RTE pretending to have won and there was no prize.

Yes I notice he always rushed the prize giving call, and the winners never seem surprised!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

lawred2 wrote: »
    What's so annoying about them?

I’m a clear generation between millennials a generation X er. My observations - I manage a few of them in work:

Being a trophy generation, they’ve gotten a medal for everything. Including coming last. So when you tell a millennial their work or output is below scratch, it’s not met well

They’re not resourceful. Because they’ve been spoon fed everything, finding out information can be a challenge

They’re quite narcissistic. So it’s all about them, rather than the project or wider team.

They have a ”because I’m worth it” mentality. Rather that realusing their worth is more related to performance, what they contribute to a business etc. their expectations can also be unrealistic as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

What a shíte debate, Bannon couldn't talk quicker or make less sense if he tried, the wan in red couldn't have talked more rubbish if she tried and the other chap couldn't have made more irrelevant points. Crisis solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Can they not move anyone not working for 5 years to the back arse of nowhere?

No way. We're grand as we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

“Everyone has a right to live within the M50” says Dermot Bannon.

Why ?
    The road was bad whn it was made, it and the eastlink / westlink have beed paid for so many times over. now they are talking bout an other outer roud outside the m50, i hvae no doubt nothing will be done. to the people who keep voting in the sham ? one day we might have a government that "people" vote for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I’m a clear generation between millennials a generation X er. My observations - I manage a few of them in work:

Being a trophy generation, they’ve gotten a medal for everything. Including coming last. So when you tell a millennial their work or output is below scratch, it’s not met well

They’re not resourceful. Because they’ve been spoon fed everything, finding out information can be a challenge

They’re quite narcissistic. So it’s all about them, rather than the project or wider team.

They have a ”because I’m worth it” mentality. Rather that realusing their worth is more related to performance, what they contribute to a business etc. their expectations can also be unrealistic as a result.

Have you nothing better to be doing than generalising millions and millions of people!!

Terrible points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Wishox wrote: »
    The road was bad whn it was made, it and the eastlink / westlink have beed paid for so many times over. now they are talking bout an other outer roud outside the m50, i hvae no doubt nothing will be done. to the people who keep voting in the sham ? one day we might have a government that "people" vote for

Who might that be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Why not have the Housing minister on and challenge him on what is being done? Tubs would probably kiss his arse though

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    A friend of my other half built a large family home in the **se*ole of nowhere with a little inspiration from Dermot's fixeruppers show.

My first impression of it was it looked like a funeral parlour. All big windows with steel and timber cladding. No curtains or blinds in any room. Come evening sitting having coffee before our journey home....to me it felt like a peeping tom's paradise.

Even the kitchen was very clinical with so much stainless steel. But the bathroom was to die for on the second floor. The only way peeping tom would see in there was if he had his drone hovering outside the tiny windows.

Many of these houses have a telescope placed in living room, especially if it faces out to sea, or it could be turned into a peeping tom facilitator!

• Site Banned Posts: 1 sarah sanders

RYAN TUBRIDY IS A DISGRACE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

I dont think you'll be able to Ring Joe about that one :)

Anyway clam down, The Usual Suspects is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I can't see why the planning people can't give permission to build up, skyline, me arse, who looks up, everyone has their head in their phone looking downward.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't see why the planning people can't give permission to build up, skyline, me arse, who looks up, everyone has their head in their phone looking downward.

It's one of those things needs a referendum on, we should be in the city centre at Liberty Hall level as start point for all new builds be they office or residential.

• Advertisement

Some of the world's most iconic skylines involve high rise buildings..

Dublin City Council actively work against the development of the city.

Advertisement