Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick - BusConnects

Options
  • 16-11-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

Unlike Cork or Galway there is no BusConnects plan for Limerick yet. I heard that it's because Limerick's transport strategy has not been completed. It's underway in the last few weeks.

But given the Development Plan 2018 - 2027 has already been announced, does this mean Limerick is unlikely to get BusConnects for many years, or at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

zulutango wrote: »
    Unlike Cork or Galway there is no BusConnects plan for Limerick yet. I heard that it's because Limerick's transport strategy has not been completed. It's underway in the last few weeks.

But given the Development Plan 2018 - 2027 has already been announced, does this mean Limerick is unlikely to get BusConnects for many years, or at all?
    No BusConnects funding for Limerick in the NDP. This is up for review around 2022.

Cork also has no transport strategy so I would think that unlikely to be a reason. I would point the blame more in the political direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Limerick Council advertises the fact that the city has the lowest traffic congestion in the country, so I guess it doesn't see busses as particularly important. Hopefully, there will be a nice 200 page transport strategy to smack them across the face with in a few months time.

As for the Cork strategy, while not published I think it was substantially completed at the time of the NDP announcement, and the emerging data maybe added to the political pressure in that direction.

Advertisement