Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie twists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Soylent Green and Switchblade Romance

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭trick

“The girl on a train”

Try not to google what it’s about. If you haven’t read the book or watched the movie. Choose one and have that *holy sheet* moment for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Frailty is an underrated movie with a good twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

The twist at the end of The Drop (Tom Hardy) was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Don't know if it counts as a plot twist or not but just watched Face Off with junior over the weekend as part of a movie night. Travolta's character escaping and the consequences were very entertaining

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Kenpo wrote: »
    The twist at the end of The Drop (Tom Hardy) was cool.

I came in to say this. The movie itself is perfectly watchable up to that point but that scene/twist I thought made it a great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I thought the twist in Shutter Island was great, I remember watching it in the cinema and being completely engrossed in this film and didn't expect it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

The Skin I Live In

Pretty sick twist in that. Approaching Oldboy levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The Usual Suspects & Prestige are two that stand out, but for very different reasons.

The Usual Suspects, the rug is just pulled out from beneath you.
    When you know the twist and watch it again, you're not going to find any additional clues, save a line or two from an untrustworthy narrator.
    There's no giveaway there.

The Prestige's main twist is hiding in plain sight. You'd probably never spot it on first viewing, you might guess it, but you wouldn't "know" it ("because you weren't really looking" :pac::pac:) . A second viewing actually shows how obvious it is, particularly in conversations between Alfred & his wife.

Sometimes the rug-pull is just woeful, and a twist for the sake of it. The Usual Suspects fits so well in with the interrogation, it's the last thing you'd expect.

Fight Club is another one that's hiding in plain sight, and brilliantly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I haven't seen Face Off but I'm getting the idea that it might have stolen the idea of Shattered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »
    I haven't seen Face Off but I'm getting the idea that it might have stolen the idea of Shattered?

Not unless the writers of Face/Off travelled forward in time, watched Shattered and then came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Surely the "Sixth Sense".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Not unless the writers of Face/Off travelled forward in time, watched Shattered and then came back.

time travel is an option but backwards :D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102900/

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

silverharp wrote: »
    time travel is an option but backwards :D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102900/

Didnt realise there were 2 films called Shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Psycho?

Advertisement