Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 16-11-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭

Jebel Ali - not a fan of Arab dirt racing, but Spring Offensive is a horse that I had on my tracker for a long time. Form just screams that it needs good/firm ground, and the Arab dirt should give it that in spades. Dropping down in class from previous runs over there, it ran a decent race last time out over a trip that was probably just too long. Back down towards a more familiar mile, I am hoping it can do the business today at 8/1 after that sharpener.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Dundalk 6.00 - Excellently Poised
    Ran promising race on first start for new connections last time, traveling noticeably well before fading late on. Highly likely that will progress from that run and new trainer will not have to improve him that much to be competitive off a mark of 78 - finished midfield in the Windsor Castle as a 2yo so by no means devoid of ability. Lot of usual suspects in opposition, Geological for all his admirable qualities is extremely short at 11/4 now, Nigg Bay never been the most willing in a battle, Dash D'Or been very impressive of late but up 8lbs in a better race could find her out and Gay Byrne was still presenting The Late Late Show the last time Amanaat won a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Jebel Ali - not a fan of Arab dirt racing, but Spring Offensive is a horse that I had on my tracker for a long time. Form just screams that it needs good/firm ground, and the Arab dirt should give it that in spades. Dropping down in class from previous runs over there, it ran a decent race last time out over a trip that was probably just too long. Back down towards a more familiar mile, I am hoping it can do the business today at 8/1 after that sharpener.

If Arab dirt equating to good to firm is your basis for backing the horse, then the best of luck to you. Hope it wins for you.

But the above is a load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Kauto wrote: »
    If Arab dirt equating to good to firm is your basis for backing the horse, then the best of luck to you. Hope it wins for you.

He said wisely. After the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

3.10 Lingfield, Referee, backing it hard to win, 1.95'ish. First bet of the day for me. Good luck everyone betting today.

I used to think that The Racing Blogger was the biggest Jonah going, not so sure now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I used to think that The Racing Blogger was the biggest Jonah going, not so sure now...

You know i did think the same and i watched the Star Sports interview with him on Youtube(some great interviews up there with them guys) and he kind of grew on me a little. Not his biggest fan but he definitely comes across as a nicer guy when being interviewed rather than shouting crap himself.

kiers47 wrote: »
    You know i did think the same and i watched the Star Sports interview with him on Youtube(some great interviews up there with them guys) and he kind of grew on me a little. Not his biggest fan but he definitely comes across as a nicer guy when being interviewed rather than shouting crap himself.
    Bullsh*tter and a charlatan for me, if he concentrated on just being an affable interviewer then he might be OK, cannot handle the absurd attempts to portray himself as some sort of judge and his aftertimes/lies.

I think the firms love him and are happy to sing his praises mainly because he promotes a very muggy, carefree attitude towards punting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Bullsh*tter and a charlatan for me, if he concentrated on just being an affable interviewer then he might be OK, cannot handle the absurd attempts to portray himself as some sort of judge and his aftertimes/lies.

I think the firms love him and are happy to sing his praises mainly because he promotes a very muggy, carefree attitude towards punting.

I wouldnt really be taking him to seriously tbh and dont really see to much of him. Probably as he is not really what i want to be listening to. But i thought he came across fine in that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

6.00 Nigg bay 7/2
    8.00 New Direction 8/1
    8.30 wavepoint 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I remember you.
    Masar has no chance. Should be 50/1. Was keen in Newmarket last time and as with the majority of the boys in blue horses they go backwards after a start or two. Be amazed if this beats more than 1 or 2 home.
    You posted that nonsense before Masar won the Derby and weren't seen for months after :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Always ready with the ammo Francie :D

Advertisement