Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Hot chocolate made with real chocolate?

• 16-11-2018 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ IrishPhoenix

Tis nearly christmas and I'm looking for recommendations for the best milk hot chocolate, preferably made with real choc, for at home. I adore Insomnia's hot chocolate and only wish they sold it for home use but they don't so looking for an alternative please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭ FishOnABike

Lidl sell chocolate on a wooden stirrer to melt in hot milk to make hot chocolate. I've tried the milk chocolate and dark chocolate and they're just like cafe / coffee shop hot chocolates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Butlers also sell packs of Chocolates that are to be used in Hot Chocolates. They are to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,882 Peatys

Big bar of galaxy broken into two mugs the microwave for 3 mins, then top of with milk and back into the microwave for 2 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭ igCorcaigh

Any decent chocolate I would think?
    Takes a bit more time than the powder but is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭ igCorcaigh

Couple of drops of vanilla extract might be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ weetiepie

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

I make a ganache with 55%+ chocolate (depending on how rich you like it) and cream, which I then whisk into hot milk. I find that the chocolate incorporates fully this way and you're not left with chocolate at the bottom of the cup. A splash of vanilla is lovely in it, as a sprinkle of sea salt, or a big spoon of salted caramel or smooth peanut butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭ Day Lewin

Plus a teaspoon or two of brandy, or rum. You'll sleep like a log.

Advertisement