Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot chocolate made with real chocolate?

• 16-11-2018 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Tis nearly christmas and I'm looking for recommendations for the best milk hot chocolate, preferably made with real choc, for at home. I adore Insomnia's hot chocolate and only wish they sold it for home use but they don't so looking for an alternative please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Lidl sell chocolate on a wooden stirrer to melt in hot milk to make hot chocolate. I've tried the milk chocolate and dark chocolate and they're just like cafe / coffee shop hot chocolates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Butlers also sell packs of Chocolates that are to be used in Hot Chocolates. They are to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Big bar of galaxy broken into two mugs the microwave for 3 mins, then top of with milk and back into the microwave for 2 min.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Any decent chocolate I would think?
    Takes a bit more time than the powder but is better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Couple of drops of vanilla extract might be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I make a ganache with 55%+ chocolate (depending on how rich you like it) and cream, which I then whisk into hot milk. I find that the chocolate incorporates fully this way and you're not left with chocolate at the bottom of the cup. A splash of vanilla is lovely in it, as a sprinkle of sea salt, or a big spoon of salted caramel or smooth peanut butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Plus a teaspoon or two of brandy, or rum. You'll sleep like a log.

Advertisement