Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating out - what kind of food do you go for?

Options
  • 15-11-2018 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

When you go out for a meal what kind of a meal appeals to you?:

Pretentious - where nothing meets on a plate and hardly fills you up - but costs an arm and a leg!:
    img_8805.jpg

Or look at this, how could you turn this down? - this is what i go for:
    Screen-Shot-2013-09-24-at-13.00.391.png?mtime=20140619232302

or just plain and simple fast food?:
    mcdonalds-big-mac-burger-and-fries-F1KWDG.jpg

Or curry maybe?:
    20170210-chicken-massaman-emily-matt-clifton-4-1500x1125.jpg

Chinese take-away?
    chicken-chow-mein-and.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

All of the above depending on what I fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

All the meals pictured above would suffice, I just clicked into the thread due to its somewhat suggestive title.

Partial to an Indian, for the variety of flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Could you post bigger pictures as I can't make them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Generally Mexican or Italian if I'm eating out, Indian if I'm getting delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i'm getting rather boring and repetitive - if i go out for a meal the main will be Steak and chips - my least would be the top photo

and if I were to order in Chinese it would be Chicken Cow-mein . I must start getting more adventurous , however having GERD for years its put paid to a lot of spicy food and the like. I'd love it but most probably be dying with indigestion and heartburn later on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

First or second, almost never any others on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two and four please bob

murpho999 wrote: »
    Could you post bigger pictures as I can't make them out?

sorry :D

shame boards dont have a re-size picture where you could put in the IMG tag what size you want the pictures ... or do they and I just dont know?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

and if I were to order in Chinese it would be Chicken Cow-mein

Freudian slip perhaps! Pretty sure it's Chow-mein!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

sorry :D

shame boards dont have a re-size picture where you could put in the IMG tag what size you want the pictures ... or do they and I just dont know?

Well I would not dismiss the first one as it's probably a starter and it's about quality and innovation.

2 is a completely different idea and looks good but the portion size is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I want one where there's all different bits of dinners and I taste them all.

And no waiters who insist on pouring water. I'm an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anything except Chinese or Indian. Preference is Steak and Chips but it depends on where I am and the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Italian. Both at home and eating out.

I'm eating Italian food 4-5 days a week on average.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nachos with all the works. Too much effort and bother to buy and prepare all the sides at home.

Curries, dahls, roti, paratha... because I just cannot create real Indian flavours at home.

One of nicest and simplest things I've had was a beef broth that came on the house with our meal in Cuba. That takes time and effort that I will never attempt, but have never come across a classic beef broth in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Humphrey BoaGart

Liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I love cooking, so when I'm eating out it will only be stuff that I'm not capable of preparing myself. So mostly just number 1 from your list, but there are variations on that that aren't Michelin Star. Very hard to prepare top-class pizza at home without a pizza oven for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Also, pizza. Can't go wrong with that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sushi or Thai when I go out ,
    At home Pizza and a Chinese or Indian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Without the images, I wouldn't know what a curry was. Appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

for ease and knowing we,ll get a table the local chinese. Were not too far away from a good selection of restaurants but trying to get into some of them at weekends or during the summer is a nightmare and under pressure to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

And as for plate #1 Andy.. T'was far from Sligo reared anyone who'd consider that dinner.

can anyone even name/recognise Number 1 ? - no prizes for guessing it :) ) - it could be beef ?

And as for plate #1 Andy.. T'was far from Sligo reared anyone who'd consider that dinner.

I know, it would be chikin' filleh' rolls ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

All of them except option 1. It depends on my mood

Austria! wrote: »
    I want one where there's all different bits of dinners and I taste them all. .

.. oh yeah - excellent suggestion

- and is there anything worse than ordering something , eating it and thinking "I wish I would have stuck with the other dish now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Prefer to pay to be filled, not with rice or noodles but with bread and/or potatoes - Pizza, burgers etc.

has anyone had their meal brought to them on a shovel? :)

I have had a steak brought out to our table on a hot stone, that was lovely though - Clerery Mill in sligo.

The wife told me the other day about - "Drunken Bullock: Spiced fillet steak served on a sword & flambéed with Irish whiskey!" from Belleek Castle in Ballina , sounds amazing...

DsCSzmLWkAAN08b.jpg

mosstin wrote: »
    Without the images, I wouldn't know what a curry was. Appreciated.

well you never know ... ;)

• Advertisement

in the celtic tiger days when we ordered a Chinese Take-Away we got a free 2ltr bottle of coke ...

Advertisement