Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successor to the Nexus 7 MKII

Options
  • 14-11-2018 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

As the title says I'm looking for the natural successor to the Nexus 7 MKII.

Have had 3 of these in daily use at home for the past few years and find them to be an excellent product - Can't think of anything I'd change.

Am not interested in a Fire tablet and sideloading apps etc. just something to replace these aging Nexus 7's that will be a quality product at a reasonable price.

32GBs minimum and ideally the option to add in an SD card would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,234 ✭✭✭corkie

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057911232

A Mi PAD4 or Plus is a leading contender? No band 20 so avoid LTE versions.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for the help Corkie - Sorry I should have said - That thread kinda got sidetracked into discussions on international ROMs etc.

I've been there before and would ideally not be flashing ROMs or sideloading apps etc.

Would the Mi Pad 4 or Mediapad M3 8" be the better buy do you think?

- The MediaPad seems to be hamstrung into not being able to install apps to SD card after Android 6 which seems to be a shame.

Any other contenders?

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Thanks for the help Corkie - Sorry I should have said - That thread kinda got sidetracked into discussions on international ROMs etc.

I've been there before and would ideally not be flashing ROMs or sideloading apps etc.

- The MediaPad seems to be hamstrung into not being able to install apps to SD card after Android 6 which seems to be a shame.

Any other contenders?

Mi pad 4 comes with English language. Just install the Google apps through xiaomi provided function.

Best price value ratio out there

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I started that other thread and I’ve just got my Mi Pad 4.
    Very, very happy with it but only after I’d thrown on the EU rom. It wasn’t my intention to do that having gone for a global rom version but there were too many Chinese-related compromises on the original rom.
    I’d seriously think about going down this route. I had a good look around and none of the obvious choices were a match on my Nexus.
    Like you, I have two around the house and they were just getting old.

Mango Joe wrote: »

Any other contenders?

Advertisement