Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a running watch to me

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

So an update from my original post.
    I got my Polar M430 and tried it out last night. I'm still learning how to use it, but my initial thoughts are that while it lacks the sleek interface of the 235, it is a MILLION times more accurate on how far you have run.
    By way of comparison, I used the 235 for a 5k run a few weeks ago (compared it to MapMyRun which I know gives me exactly 5k), and by the end of it the 235 was registering 2.8 miles (so it lost 0.31 miles on a 5k). Last night, the M430 was 3.09miles, so 0.02 miles out and that was probably at the start as it was the same throughout.
    I even ran in under a heavily tree-lined route which Garmin lost the GPS on - the M430 never lost its signal. It was a million times better.
    So while I still need to figure out how to set a lot of the stuff up, and they are sticklers about giving you the data from it (which I hate but if they want it, they can have it because I don't click advertisements, etc which are put to me), I have to say that in terms of distance accuracy, I think this would be hard beaten in my view.
    Having had 2 disastrous Garmin's (235 and 35) this is such a relief to have finally found a reliable, decent, accurate piece of kit. Won't be buying another Garmin.
    Thanks for all the input above and to the poster who recommended this piece of kit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anerso10 wrote: »
    Glebee Can you give me a good article ?

How do you mean? Like a review?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Guys looking for some help - got the Forerunner 35, and from reading the manual it says that I should have the option of controlling music on my smartphone and indeed I've watched youtube videos that show you simply hold down button on the side and the controls pop up - however this does not work for me - Has anyone else had this problem and did you find a solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Guys looking for some help - got the Forerunner 35, and from reading the manual it says that I should have the option of controlling music on my smartphone and indeed I've watched youtube videos that show you simply hold down button on the side and the controls pop up - however this does not work for me - Has anyone else had this problem and did you find a solution?

What app are you using to play music?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What app are you using to play music?

Ideally Spotify but have the Apple Music app playing trying to see if that connects and that didn't work. Do I have to use a different app?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The phone has to be connected first through bluetooth to give that option.

The phone has to be connected first through bluetooth to give that option.
    I've paired the watch with the iPhone through Bluetooth and it's syncing ok, but no matter what I do I can't get the music control on the watch.

When I go to settings in the connect app, devise setting and widgets - I have no option for music - is that suppose to be like that?

I know that I can't play music through the watch, but I was under the impression that I can at least play next song etc through the app.

Are you going into the 'controls' option. That should have music controls if it is paired.
    I never used it but have seen the option when the watch (garmin 230) is paired.

• Advertisement

Are you going into the 'controls' option. That should have music controls if it is paired.
    I never used it but have seen the option when the watch (garmin 230) is paired.

Is the controls option in the app on the phone or on the watch?

Is the controls option in the app on the phone or on the watch?

On watch

On watch

I think there might be something wrong with the watch, or else I'm missing something but it's defo connected through Bluetooth with the phone.

I might go into a shop and try to get someone to show me how it's suppose to work on a sample watch, even if they won't show it on mine.

This is probably the worse part of buying anything online, when something doesn't work as it should.

I think there might be something wrong with the watch, or else I'm missing something but it's defo connected through Bluetooth with the phone.

I might go into a shop and try to get someone to show me how it's suppose to work on a sample watch, even if they won't show it on mine.

This is probably the worse part of buying anything online, when something doesn't work as it should.

Doesn't that watch only support Google play music?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Doesn't that watch only support Google play music?

I have no idea - it doesn't state in in the manual or anywhere on line really - I'll download the app and try, but should the controls for the music not come up on the watch regardless if it's connect or not at least?

Edit: signed up for google play music there, but still nothing on the phone when I press the "music" button

Got chatting to the help and had to do a factory reset to get the button to work. Also found out that the next/back buttons only work with apply music.

I have no idea - it doesn't state in in the manual or anywhere on line really - I'll download the app and try, but should the controls for the music not come up on the watch regardless if it's connect or not at least?

Edit: signed up for google play music there, but still nothing on the phone when I press the "music" button

Sorry forgot you said you have an iPhone, it will only work with apple music once you're subscribed afaik.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi

Is there any good watch out there that has mp3 capability or offline spotify?

I see AIB have added Fitbits to their digital wallet collection, meaning you can pay for coffees while out for a run or a cycle.

I wonder will the garmin run series of watches follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

keeffo2005 wrote: »
    Hi

Is there any good watch out there that has mp3 capability or offline spotify?

Garmin 645 Music has the capability.
    I haven't used it myself so can't personally say whether it is any good or not. Check out this review

• Advertisement
Advertisement