Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Awards 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tecmo koei better show off a proper ninja gaiden 2 . More than likely will be Nioh 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tecmo koei better show off a proper ninja gaiden 2 . More than likely will be Nioh 2.
    You mean a proper Ninja Gaiden 3, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

:D My prediction Red Dead Redemption 2 will win everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking forward to the announcements.... Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Prime Trilogy please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I just want more Sekiro details. Or maybe some details on the third big project From Software are working on. Only Sekiro and Déraciné have been announced unless I missed something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I just want more Sekiro details. Or maybe some details on the third big project From Software are working on. Only Sekiro and Déraciné have been announced unless I missed something.

Lots of speculation that a Déraciné easter egg hints at Bloodborne 2, but it's flimsy at best!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Russo Brothers are going to be at the awards, feeding speculation that there may be an Avengers teaser for the next movie at the Awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Lots of speculation that a Déraciné easter egg hints at Bloodborne 2, but it's flimsy at best!

Yeah I've seen a few videos on the speculation. I'd agree it was flimsy if it was only one Easter egg but there's quite a few and when you look at them all together there may be something there. Maybe wishful thinking on my part though. Vaatividya published a video today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'm looking forward to another Josef Fares moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

I can see RDR2 dominating the market for a long time to come. While I love RDR2, I would hate to think that upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Skull & Bones would be delayed by developers due to a fear of them been overshadowed by RDR2 and RDR Online.

It can't be denied the amazing precedent that RDR2 has set for video games releases.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-red-dead-redemption-2-quality/amp/

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The Russo Brothers are going to be at the awards, feeding speculation that there may be an Avengers teaser for the next movie at the Awards.

Yeah. I've seen some people speculating that the Square Enix Avengers game will be teased by them, but I always assumed the game was a separate entity from the MCU.
    Yeah I've seen a few videos on the speculation. I'd agree it was flimsy if it was only one Easter egg but there's quite a few and when you look at them all together there may be something there. Maybe wishful thinking on my part though. Vaatividya published a video today.

Ahhh. I only watched the first couple of minutes of his video and thought it was only one clue. If there's more, then there could be something to it. Fingers crossed!

DS86DS wrote: »
    I can see RDR2 dominating the market for a long time to come. While I love RDR2, I would hate to think that upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Skull & Bones would be delayed by developers due to a fear of them been overshadowed by RDR2 and RDR Online.

It can't be denied the amazing precedent that RDR2 has set for video games releases.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-red-dead-redemption-2-quality/amp/

Well the story is pretty good, has its ups and downs, overall its pretty impressive what R* did with RDR2, Review scores were a bit exaggerated. Online remains to be seen the beta is an extreme grind, just hope they change how much of a grind that is. The release of both games is outside the playability of RDR2. I reckon people will get bored of RDo because it will be too much of a grind and its player base might suffer because of it, bar the fanboys/girls of course.

Cyberpunk is all platforms so unless R* release RDR2 on PC I don't see how it will overshadow it. They are two completely different games if anything PC players will want to play a sci-fi game that hasn't been done to death by the time PC get to play RD if anything it would be past it sell by date imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is already a thread created for this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057928824

There is already a thread created for this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057928824

If a mod wants to merge them, cool.

Keighley tweeted a little montage video that features lots of big recent titles, or big games known to be in development. It also has Sam Fisher in it for some reason.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1069274761845325824

There'll be a new trailer for Rage 2 shown as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking like a Batman game might be in the works from WB Montreal. The now rumoured Games-As-A-Service game from Rocksteady doesn't sound very appealing tbh.

Live stream starts at 1.30am. Thought it would have been earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Will wait til the morning so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If I'm still awake and streaming when it starts I'll stick around for the bingo games in some VOIP servers https://imgur.com/a/6bjIE2j

https://twitter.com/Bro_Team_Pill/status/1070788022600232960

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Falthyron wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to another Josef Fares moment.

Yesssss

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1070852347536932864?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Geoff has a lot of pull. Awesome to see.

• Advertisement

God Of War

Thoroughly deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

May as well post as many reveal trailers as I can, since thats what most folks are looking for.

Also, Josef (0:50 in)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Obsidians new RPG

(Not Dark Souls related somehow)

(Terrible music....you are warned)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Rage 2 looks excellent!

The Outer Worlds has my interest now too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ashen came out on Xbox last night and went straight into game pass:

Really like the look of it, seems to be a cross between Journey and Dark Souls. It is coming to Steam at some point too I think.

They also mentioned Below will be in Game Pass when it launches next week too.

Rage 2 still looking like pure, unadulterated fun. Also definitely interested in The Outer Worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Holy crap 'the outer worlds' looks awesome

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ashen came out on Xbox last night and went straight into game pass:

Really like the look of it, seems to be a cross between Journey and Dark Souls. It is coming to Steam at some point too I think.

They also mentioned Below will be in Game Pass when it launches next week too.

Yeah, have been looking forward to Ashen. Another game from Annapurna, and the creators of Abzu; The Pathless.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didn't realise they made Abzu, have that sitting in my steam library, been meaning to play it for ages. Hadn't herd of The Pathless, looks great too!

• Advertisement

Oh, and Supergiant (Bastion, Transistor) have revealed their next game - Hades. Available now on early access.

Advertisement