Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone repair shop broke my phone

Options
  • 13-11-2018 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I cracked my screen and after about 3 weeks the corner of the phoe started to seep out 'ink' accross the display until it was 90% blacked out. In short- I broke my screen.

I dropped it into a phone repair shop to have it fixed. Its at One Plus 5 so the quoted me 130e (standard for OP repairs unfortunatly).

When i came to collect the phone they had replaced the screen and told me that my home button doesnt work... it 100% worked before i gave it to them. They send it back to their technition and 2 days later are saying that the issue regarding the home button remains.

any ideas what i am entitled to here? They offered me a discount off the 130e and i laughed. I'll be calling into them later today so im interested to see what people think.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Swaine55 wrote: »
    I cracked my screen and after about 3 weeks the corner of the phoe started to seep out 'ink' accross the display until it was 90% blacked out. In short- I broke my screen.

I dropped it into a phone repair shop to have it fixed. Its at One Plus 5 so the quoted me 130e (standard for OP repairs unfortunatly).

When i came to collect the phone they had replaced the screen and told me that my home button doesnt work... it 100% worked before i gave it to them. They send it back to their technition and 2 days later are saying that the issue regarding the home button remains.

any ideas what i am entitled to here? They offered me a discount off the 130e and i laughed. I'll be calling into them later today so im interested to see what people think.

thanks

How did this turn out for you.id be screening small claims court at them or new phone

Advertisement