Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas Decorations Tips & Ideas

• 09-11-2018 8:54am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

I just realised we don’t have a decoration tips/advice thread. I might need to set one up :pac:

But in the meanwhile.

Does anyone use these to hang up Christmas lights. Are they strong and more importantly does these leave a greasy stain on the wall/window sill after them?

bhhidz.jpg

As it’s my own house this year and it’s only freshly painted I’m reluctant to mark the wall this early. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

I used them on the windows last year and they were perfect. Haven’t tried them on a wall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭ OUTDOORLASS

Lough C, any mark left after hanging a Christmas Decoration is in fact, a memory, not a stain !! And something to be smiled at.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

I used them on the windows last year and they were perfect. Haven’t tried them on a wall though.

I take it they didn't leave a stain?

The window will work for me too :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

https://www.facebook.com/WoodiesIE/videos/1519323158104668/

A handy tip for anyone looking to hang a wreath on their door this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »

No, can’t remember any stains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,098 Elsa Big Goon

I've used the bigger Command hooks for hanging pictures in a rented apartment years ago and they didn't leave any marks when I took them down

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 71,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Loughc wrote: »

It depends on what's on your wall. Depending on the type of paint (I've some sort of acrylic finish), it could peel the paint right off. No greasy marks, though. :p They'd be grand on windows, besides some WD40 or some of this will get the marks right off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭ Lady Haywire

We are away to Gran Canaria from 17-27th Nov, so the tree goes up this weekend :D

I need a new tree for my house, used a black tree & white/silver decorations for the last few years so time to upgrade. Have new lights to go up outside too, anyone know where to find the tacks or holders for them?

Advertisement