Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here comes the Rain and I need Protection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

in our place they sacrificed a few parking spaces and built a dedicated room for storing/drying gear for runners/cyclists/motorcyclists.
    has radiators and a dedicated air conditioning system.
    Do you work in heaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Well, today was one of the rare days where my trousers got wet under the rain trousers, but I was going home, so it wasn't too bad. Again, dry feet, which I think once again shows that most of what soaks your feet is spray from the front wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tomasrojo wrote: »
    ... Again, dry feet, which I think once again shows that most of what soaks your feet is spray from the front wheel.
    Mudflaps are fcuk all use when passing traffic is throwing water over you. Drumcondra outbound this afternoon for example - river flowing down the bus lane so every passing bus and taxi sent a wall of water over anyone in the cycle track.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Mudflaps are fcuk all use when passing traffic is throwing water over you. Drumcondra outbound this afternoon for example - river flowing down the bus lane so every passing bus and taxi sent a wall of water over anyone in the cycle track.

I was lucky enough that the traffic was totally stationary, though the cycle track was flooded.

To be fair, it wasn't the mudflap that was keeping the spray away from my feet today: it was the 80cm or so extra distance from the front wheel to your feet that you get with a cargo bike, and the wooden box.

Advertisement