Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legendary games you are too embarrassed to admit you never played/Finished

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah but it's not fun. Play Dragon Quest instead. It's cartoon like and fun. Kingdom hearts after the first descends into teen melodrama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Uncharted/last of us

I find them archaic in their design choices and poor games, i have tried to play them.

Probably great stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Many open world RPGs like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and 4, Dragon Age+, Etc.

I spend 95% of my time exploring/side tracking on quests, or going on a killing spree on NPCs, barely progressing on the main story... eventually get bored and stop playing altogether.

The curse of distractions and indecisiveness on what to do. Gimme a linear game anyday! :p

Never played the Metal Gear series, besides a few demos for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah but it's not fun. Play Dragon Quest instead. It's cartoon like and fun. Kingdom hearts after the first descends into teen melodrama.

Teen melodrama like Persona?

Dragon Quest, I’ll take a look. Also reminds me of Hero Quest the board game. Jaysus that brings me back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No. Persona actually is pretty mature and deals with actual teenage issues like bullying, depression, acceptance. It's usually handled quite well with a few missteps.

Kingdom Hearts on the other hand is utter nonsense that takes itself too seriously.

There's some fun to be had but it's very repetitive button mashing and after the first game the challenge is nonexistent. The story is really bad though.

Advertisement