Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather to fight Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve in Tokoyo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

...Thats the end of that chapter so...Highly doubt the Instagram post is true though...I'd say it was a case of fight agreed in principal but couldn't agree on rules...
    Nah, he just read boards.ie and realized that a fight against Jedward is where the big money is at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

And its off!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Nobody believes Floyd typed that IG post himself

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...That's the end of that...Interesting exhibition...I know people were saying it's a joke fight etc, but it wasn't been classed as a proper fight...Its kinda like woods playing 6 holes in citywest, or Phil Taylor doing an exhibition...Onky difference is this was the last fight on a 13 card fight... Felt bad for Teshin, but was great to see Floyd in action, albeit briefly...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

...Interesting exhibition

Can't say I thought the same. It was a round of low intensity sparring against an amateur about 20lbs lighter. I feel bad for watching it and will just avoid similar things from mayweather in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can't say I thought the same. It was a round of low intensity sparring against an amateur about 20lbs lighter. I feel bad for watching it and will just avoid similar things from mayweather in future.

Aye Mayweather just walked thru Tenshin's bodyshots at one point and then tagged him, completely pointless contest. At least only wasted 150 seconds of my life watching it on youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭xtal191

$9m for 150 seconds, not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just watched it and have to say what a ****ty human being mayweather is. Taking a ton of money for fighting an inexperienced kid half his size.
    All the while dancing and smiling as the kid struggles on the ground after being knocked for the third time. And don't get me started on that "TBE" emblem he wears on his hats and shorts, a f**in disgrace is all he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How did they line that up? If Floyd doesn’t want to fight boxers then he needs to move into MMA, boxing an young inexperienced kick boxer makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus he did not go easy on him, egotistical nasty yet entertaining all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Either that kid took a dive or his chin is worse than Amir Khan’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Makes no sense that he would take a dive. I'm sure he thought he would dance around the ring for 3 rounds with Floyd carrying him like he did with McGregor. His profile is raised, Floyd gets a **** load of money, everyone wins. That's what I thought would happen anyway.

Johner wrote: »
    Makes no sense that he would take a dive. I'm sure he thought he would dance around the ring for 3 rounds with Floyd carrying him like he did with McGregor. His profile is raised, Floyd gets a **** load of money, everyone wins. That's what I thought would happen anyway.

Ok his chin is worse than Amir Khan's then because Floyd barely landed on him

Ok his chin is worse than Amir Khan's then because Floyd barely landed on him

I think either half of Jedward might actually have made a better attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

He didn't take a dive. I'm shocked people think this was somehow fake. You can actually see exactly where Mayweather decides to knock him out.

From the start of the video you can tell he's not taking it seriously. He's smiling, he's clearly trying to set the tone with TN. Hands down and acting up. He wants to goof around and collect a paycheck.

At 0:40 FM throws a jab and a delayed straight that he doesn't expect to hit, then a slow straight again. At 0:48 TN counters him HARD and ducks out of the corner. FM did not expect that at all, and that's essentially when the fight starts.

FM closes up his guard, starts pushing his jab out and starts measuring his space... exactly like he normally does in a real fight. Seriously, go watch him at the 0:30 mark and again at the 0:50 mark. It's two different fighters completely.

Once he has his spacing, he starts throwing hooks around TN's guard. He connects 4 times behind TN's left ear in a row (with the one at 1:06 putting him down). Then switches and hits him with a right body/head hook at 1:42 that TN should not have gotten up from (seriously impressed that he did).

Then at 2:04, 2:06, and 2:09 and he connects back behind TN's left ear again three times in a row. Any one of those could have put him out.

Mayweather clearly thought this wasn't a real fight and Tenshin thought it was. Once Mayweather decided it was a real fight, he took him apart surgically in less than 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Its a 122 pound fighter fighting at 147. Floyd probably wouldn't even need to land fully clean to hurt him..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Morrison J wrote: »
    Its a 122 pound fighter fighting at 147. Floyd probably wouldn't even need to land fully clean to hurt him..

It’s a pro boxer v an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭selectamatic

All I know is it's an event not worth analysing.

Boxing has enough problems without this clown and his antics of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

ted1 wrote: »
    It’s a pro boxer v an amateur.

That too.

Weight classes are there for a reason though. Floyd likely knocks out all the world champion 122 pounders in a round or two also. 6 weight classes of a difference. Thats why McGregor went rounds and this Tenshin guy got dispatched of. Not because he's chinny or taking a dive imo.

People also forget that Floyd was a deadly puncher at super feather in his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

The 2nd knock down was very heavy for a guy of tenshin's size. I wouldn't say 'it barely touched him'.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1079746173492232193
    LOL, Tenshin deserves a razzie award

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seanboylan87

Having watched the fight all I can think is - just how good is Joe Duffy?

Having watched the fight all I can think is - just how good is Joe Duffy?

Ah, he's fairly good on the oul' Liveline to give him his dues

Full footage of the 'fight' here in case you missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It was very very strange,
    No doubt Floyd could have ko'd him like he did but its how Tenshin bounces around that looks fake,

One of the shots he takes is a left hook but instead of his heading going with the shot he shoots it directly backwards which is not where the force would send it,

I always feel if something doesn't look right to your brain its probably not ,

The way he bounces around on the ground but then gets up and his legs are not wobbly makes no sense

Advertisement