Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital downloads from ebay

Options
  • 04-11-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any one has purchased digital download codes for games from eBay sellers, are they legit? Anyone have any experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Why risk it?

Just use Steam or sites like Green Man Gaming (which add towards Steam), add whatever to your wishlist and buy them when they're on discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's unlikely a company like ebay would sell bad merchandise and not have any customer support if something goes wrong with the product. I'd say go for it. If the key doesn't work, open a dispute. If they don't honor it later on down the line then reverse the charges from your bank and never do business with them again. That's been my attitude for any retailer but I've been lucky enough not to have had to do it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Why risk it?

To get games a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I think as far as the grey market goes I wouldn't be using Ebay. God knows buying anything off there worries me enough as it is (in terms of is it the genuine product) never mind a game key.

Also if the key is retrieved via steam and later down the line it's revoked due to say, a stolen card aren't you given a limited number of strikes before you lose your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Thanks for the replies, took a chance and bought one which was received ok.Was concerned I might get a used code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement