Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 230 SUN. NOV. 4, 2018 CORMIER VS LEWIS

Options
  • 01-11-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭

qy7g1s.jpg

If ever there was a man with a punchers chances it's lewis but against cormier that won't mean much.
    This will be the one of the most lop sided championship fights of all time.
    Cormier will take Lewis down at hill if he wishes but I hope he stands with him to make it a little more entertaining for us.
    I give him two rounds before the ref steps in to save lewis being battered.

weidman v souza is interesting, weidman being a warm favourite for this one which I can understand but it's one I can't call...did fancy weidman's chance of revenge at luke had it happened though.

Branch is pretty good, improving all the time and I don't think cannonier will trouble him too much.
    I think he might get a top five guy next should he win this, possibly a bit of a dark horse in the division.

Brunson a big underdog v adesanya...I don't know how good exactly adesanya is but brunson is a big step up from anyone he's faced.
    I could see this going the distance unless brunson decides like go swinging early.

I would love to see roxy beat eubanks above anything else on this card but It probably won't happen, very hard to warm to eubanks.

Jason knight could badly do with a win also after losing his last three.
    I have no idea how this will play out though.

saunders/good should be a decent scrap.

The early prelims look well matched, fancy there'll be 2/3 decent battles/dogfights there also.

It doesn't look like one of the better ppv's on paper (some might disagree) but I think this card will deliver especially the first 5/6 fights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I really hope Cormier has taken The Beast seriously. Because if Lewis catches him and puts him away, we're going to be subjected to Lesnar v Lewis and therefore Lesnar somehow being UFC HW Champion in 2018!

That wouldn't be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

having done the past two MSG cards its a bad state when i didnt even notice this one was on this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I really hope Cormier has taken The Beast seriously. Because if Lewis catches him and puts him away, we're going to be subjected to Lesnar v Lewis and therefore Lesnar somehow being UFC HW Champion in 2018!

That wouldn't be right!

Nah i reckon if Lewis was to somehow get the win then it will be himself vs Stipe for the title first.

Injuries have ruined a potential great card but will still watch for the main event and i want to see Israel vs Brunson and Jacare vs Weidman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ricero wrote: »
    Nah i reckon if Lewis was to somehow get the win then it will be himself vs Stipe for the title first.

I think mrstuffins is right though and although it would be one big joke I really do think they would subject us to lewis v lesnar and that's one lesnar would happily take also.

If right was right then yep it would be stipe but you know yourself...

anyway miracles like this rarely happen so we won't have a lot to
    worry about!
    Lewis can't win this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

mailburner wrote: »
    anyway miracles like this rarely happen so we won't have a lot to
    worry about!
    Lewis can't win this!
    He has the puncher's chance of course but DC took full-on power punches by Rumble and still beat him in their first fight. Even in the second Jones fight he took the head kick full in the face and didn't even go down, Jones had to rush him and keep at it to get him to the canvas. The man is as tough as they come.

• Advertisement

Lando Vannata has left Jackson Wink, too much drama he says. He has done most of this camp at Cerrone's ranch and I hope for his sake they have worked on striking defense other than blocking punches with his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shock horror, Sarj Eubanks missed weight.

She was giving it both barrels lately so I’d expect many critics to have a field day with this one.

She’ll probably beat Roxie handily anyway but the UFC will take great pleasure in cutting her before she leaves the arena if she loses I’d imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The Beast conference is great again yesterday, who said a guy that plays down all his talents and has no real love for the game can't do well. Can't wait to see this one even if it is possibly a mismatch.

Paully D wrote: »
    Shock horror, Sarj Eubanks missed weight.

She was giving it both barrels lately so I’d expect many critics to have a field day with this one.

She’ll probably beat Roxie handily anyway but the UFC will take great pleasure in cutting her before she leaves the arena if she loses I’d imagine!

Jaysus 2.2 pounds over!? And she had to get in the nip too. Do they have scales backstage at these things?? I don't see get why she stripped down when she was over by so much?

eubanks should have little problem winning tomorrow night but the up side to that is they might then hand her ass to the winner of valentino joanna :D

she'll never have an easier opportunity to get a belt handed to her than
    was the case at tuf had she remained sound.

• Advertisement

Lewis 10kg heavier than DC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

how is this fight even happening - i like lewis but he isnt in same league

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's only 6kg heavier officially. But id imagine Lewis was cutting to make the HW limit.

cliggg wrote: »
    Jaysus 2.2 pounds over!? And she had to get in the nip too. Do they have scales backstage at these things?? I don't see get why she stripped down when she was over by so much?

1.2 over

mailburner wrote: »
    1.2 over

Yes of course, I forgot about the 1 pound limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What I would give for the Beasht to land a bomb and put DC away!! He won't though. DC is one of the, if not THE toughest guy in the UFC and could see him absorbing the punch enough to secure a take down. I see DC being very careful and lying on him for 2 rounds to wear him out before subbing him in the third. I'm a big fan of Roxy, really hopes she gets the win. I see Sarj's response to missing weight was a shrug shoulders emoji, let's go Roxy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like DC, but really want Lewis to win just for the post fight interview.

Fully expect Lesnar to have immediately flown back from Saudi Arabia to make an appearance tonight too.

Just a heads up for everyone that its a 2am main card start tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Even with that DC will manhandle him.

But Christ imagine the lols if Lewis pulls this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I'm a casual MMA watcher, with a particular interest in the heavyweight division.
    For me, I think DC has taken his eye off the ball here. He's making lots of noise about retirement, Lesnar, Jones etc. I dont get the impression he is respecting Lewis a whole lot and Lewis will probably be loving the massive underdog status. All things considered, I think Lewis will put in a brave performance but I'm going for DC to grind it out with a TKO in 5th or points decision.

• Advertisement

I'm a casual MMA watcher, with a particular interest in the heavyweight division.
    For me, I think DC has taken his eye off the ball here. He's making lots of noise about retirement, Lesnar, Jones etc. I dont get the impression he is respecting Lewis a whole lot and Lewis will probably be loving the massive underdog status. All things considered, I think Lewis will put in a brave performance but I'm going for DC to grind it out with a TKO in 5th or points decision.

I was really expecting this post to culminate in a Lewis prediction.

The NYSAC have refused to let Brock Lesnar attend the ppv because of fears of another Khabib - Conor post fight brawl. Considering the publicity that brawl got maybe after the fight Dana should throw a bucket of Popeye's chicken into the octagon to get one started anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »
    The NYSAC have refused to let Brock Lesnar attend the ppv because of fears of another Khabib - Conor post fight brawl. Considering the publicity that brawl got maybe after the fight Dana should throw a bucket of Popeye's chicken into the octagon to get one started anyway.

Handy lawsuit there for Brock if he wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Brian Kelleher vs. Montel Jackson off.

Kelleher has food poisoning, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's a shame. Kelleher was My Value Lock of The Night.

Honestly, food poisoning on the day of a fight? Wouldn't you be ultra cautious of what you put into your body on today of all days

Coverage has started but it's just some waffling due to the Kelleher fight being scrapped I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Time for Lando Vannata to look good initially but then lose via defending punches with his face.

Absolutely brilliant fight between Vannata/Frevola. Surely fight of the night.

• Advertisement

great fight

feckin draw
    thought vannata shaded it

Advertisement