Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

gandalfio wrote: »
    Any opinions on best strategy for this with FH, TC and BB left but no WC?

Similar situation here. Think it depends how many players you have with a double gw for 32 and how many players you have available for gw 33.
    I’ve gone with free hit for 32, would have liked to TC Aguero or Sterling, but for me probably more beneficial to get 11dgw players for this week. I’ll have 10 or 11 playing for gw33.
    Still to decide whether to TC gw 35 or bench boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Toyed around about and currently have:

Fabianski
    Lindelof(May change) Luiz Laporte Schlupp
    Mane Hazard Sterling
    Aguero Rondon Rashford

Hamer, Brooks Barnes Yedlin.

Toss between Jimmy and Rashford really but feel I need United cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I wonder what Ben Crelin gets up to between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

thunderdog wrote: »

Scanning for extreme weather or political events :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Making spreadsheets for people to help them navigate the FPL schedule and asking for money in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Spending his cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

dahat wrote: »
    Spending his cash...

On a licensed version of Excel.
    Just about broke even

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WC activated... just needed to see all those DGWers with their fixtures.

For some reason, I'm going to keep with Higuain. 2 excellent fixtures and a home GW33 fixture... ah who am I kidding, I hate having him. If I was on/had a FH, he wouldn't be there. Have serious Kane fear but it would mean losing my bench, which is needed for 33.

Kepa
    Laporte, Schlupp, AWB, Dunk
    Sterling, Pogba, Hazard, Mili
    Aguero, Higuain

Ryan, Rondon, Brooks, Daniels

If Zaha is fit then I'll probably get Higuain out and upgrade Mili or do a little re-jig.

9 for GW33 as it stands. Will be taking a -4 to get 2 pool in.

Kepa
    Schlupp, AWB, Daniels, (VVD in)
    Hazard, Mili, Brooks, (Mane in)
    Rondon, Higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My Kane fear is diminishing a little. Their recent form isn't great, one game is away to Pool, and they're as likely to freeze in the new stadium as they are to explode. It took them ages to adjust to Wembley.

I'm now thinking of BB in 34. My crappier players - and that's what BB is, a chance for your crappier players to shine - have decent fixtures, and Brighton and Cardiff have a double. Brighton will likely only have staying up as a goal by that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Big change up in my squad
    WILDCARD ACTIVE
    Any opinions???

Ederson
    TAA Doherty Wan Bissaka VVD
    Sterling Hazard Mane
    Jimenez Aguero Fraser

Have Sterling as captain but do not think he will start both games :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Still have all my chips :D
    Probably use the FH this GW. Still have a week to mull it over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Hi folks, still have all chips, only have 3 double this week plus 2 players in the red, what advice on what chips to use going foward, Thanks in advance. only 7 for 33

redarmy wrote: »
    Hi folks, still have all chips, only have 3 double this week plus 2 players in the red, what advice on what chips to use going foward, Thanks in advance. only 7 for 33

Without knowing your team:
    Wildcard now
    Free hit 33
    BB 34 (cardiff and brighton have doubles)
    TC 35 when double

Although this may well be the best week for TC if you weren't "burdened" with all your chips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Anyone in the same spot as me with a WC & BB left? Any templates for a WC 33 team that would also allow a BB 34 team? Or should I take a hit to field as many as possible in 33 and then WC in 34 with 35 also in mind for a BB? I’ll draw up a few ideas in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bantee wrote: »
    Anyone in the same spot as me with a WC & BB left? Any templates for a WC 33 team that would also allow a BB 34 team? Or should I take a hit to field as many as possible in 33 and then WC in 34 with 35 also in mind for a BB? I’ll draw up a few ideas in the coming days.

Yeah and also at a loss as to what to do! Thinking bb in 35 and then TC salah vs huddersfield in 36.

Holebas starts so I can consider my bench boost a success or at least not a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bantee wrote: »

WC 34 is my preference with a 35 BB

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Delefeou subbed HT

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bit of a head scratcher this evening.

9 transfers made just to insure I have 11 players for this GW33, played the WC of course.

Dont want to make any more, as planning on getting two of them back in, in time for GW 35 without taking a hit, and without reducing DGW players for GW 34 and 35.

The four not playiing this GW, three are scheduled are playing twice in GW34, and all scheduled to play in GW35. So may leave things as they are now.

When two players are back in, will have 2/3 DGW players for GW34, and 6/7 for GW35. All depends on when I play the bench boost.

Current line up (after transfers)

Ryan Fabianski
    V.Dijk PVA Pereira Kolasinac Duffy
    Mané Fraser March Son Richarlison
    Firmino Lacazette Rondón

Two players coming back in are Docherty for Pereira, and Aguero for Lacazette. Anyother suggestions, and what week to play the Bench Boost. No other chips left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Bit of a head scratcher this evening.

9 transfers made just to insure I have 11 players for this GW33, played the WC of course.

Dont want to make any more, as planning on getting two of them back in, in time for GW 35 without taking a hit, and without reducing DGW players for GW 34 and 35.

The four not playiing this GW, three are scheduled are playing twice in GW34, and all scheduled to play in GW35. So may leave things as they are now.

When two players are back in, will have 2/3 DGW players for GW34, and 6/7 for GW35. All depends on when I play the bench boost.

Current line up (after transfers)

Ryan Fabianski
    V.Dijk PVA Pereira Kolasinac Duffy
    Mané Fraser March Son Richarlison
    Firmino Lacazette Rondón

Two players coming back in are Docherty for Pereira, and Aguero for Lacazette. Anyother suggestions, and what week to play the Bench Boost. No other chips left.

WC has been activated?

Prob don't want to hear it but it isn't really the week for the WC imo.

WC in 34 and BB in 35 is the one people are going for I think. Load their teams with DGWers in the WC and potentially have 8(4 DGW subs) games on the bench alone...

Even if on WC, I would nearly consider going with only 9 or 10 this week and sticking in a couple more 35 DGWers.

You've always the option of a hit in the lead up to 35 as well I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Still have TC, WC and BB,

Is WC this game week the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

hupskip wrote: »

I'm planning on WC in 34, bb in 35 and tc Salah in 36. Guess the alternative would be WC now then bb in 34 and tc kun in 35? I don't want to rush a wc by tomorrow night though.

hupskip wrote: »

Many will do it next week (34) and set themselves up for a BB for the next double week (35). Though it means likely no double week for TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

With only a free hit left when is the best time to do it, start of gw34 or 35 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

mamax wrote: »
    35 is the obvious answer but it all BB depends on your team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

35 is the obvious answer but it all depends on your team

Do you have many doublers for 35? That will give your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman's spreadsheet is an invaluable tool at this time of season
    I have a clear plan in mind now around BB and TC
    Not the one I had in mind . But it is so easy to see the games my fodder have and save me taking hits to waste on BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Cartman's spreadsheet is an invaluable tool at this time of season
    I have a clear plan in mind now around BB and TC
    Not the one I had in mind . But it is so easy to see the games my fodder have and save me taking hits to waste on BB
    And now I have changed my mind again LOL
    It is very hard resist the lure of a DGW packed with doublers

Advertisement