Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When do you put up your Christmas tree?

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd usually say no way to the tree going up before 1st Dec or if the 1st is a Sunday, then that weekend. I've been feeling pretty blue of late so I'd actually happily put my tree up tomorrow for a bit of Christmas cheer!

• Don’t forget to show off the tree in the tree.. thread! (So much tree)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I did say the Tuesday or Thursday before the toyshow but now my other half has told me he to go the Rugby with work on the 24th so things from the attic might start to make an appearance then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A guy I know put his tree up today, so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Never until the middle of December for us, after our eldest's birthday. It's only fair to let him have that before it's overtaken by Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Usually after 14th December... But this year I'll be doing it earlier 8th or 9th sounds good. I'd put it up sooner but hubbie would kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My workplace put their tree up last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Normally Dec 1st for me - but given the Toy Show is Nov 30th - I'm thinking it might be up for the Toy Show. I will be off work on the 26th, so I think I will pull all the stuff out of the attic that day and maybe do a few bits during the week, get the tree up on the 30th between work & the Toy Show. Finish everything else the weekend of 1st & 2nd and then relax and enjoy my handiwork for a minimum of 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Stubborn conservative here, we leave it until just before the last weekend before Christmas. And leave it up until the 6th Jan is over. :-(
    I hate taking down the tree: love looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nearer to the 8th of December when it feels more like its actually Christmas too soon to put it up at the moment! Use to be nearly Christmas Eve when I was younger and not take them down till early January. December before getting into the Christmas mood at all!

• Advertisement

I put my tree up today.... the earliest I’ve ever done it! :-D

It was such a miserable day out...I just thought feck it why not!
    I has been looking at all these photos of trees being put up on a private Christmas group I’m a member of, and thought “I can’t wait until the end of the month.”I will try and get a photo up on the tree thread. Any recommendations for a photo hosting site other the Flickr ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Mines going up on the 30th of November this year, come hell or high water!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sundew wrote: »

I has been looking at all these photos of trees being put up on a private Christmas group I’m a member of, and thought “I can’t wait until the end of the month.”I will try and get a photo up on the tree thread. Any recommendations for a photo hosting site other the Flickr ?

I use tiny pic to upload photos :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tiny pic or imgur are good ones.

SHOW US. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Usually I put the tree up around the 25th of November, however a few decorations are already making an appearance, Christmas Nutcracker Soldiers + Glittery Unicorns are already floating around the Christmasphere...I think more will be emerging !! the sooner the better !!

Pandora! wrote: »
    Usually I put the tree up around the 25th of November, however a few decorations are already making an appearance, Christmas Nutcracker Soldiers + Glittery Unicorns are already floating around the Christmasphere...I think more will be emerging !! the sooner the better !!
    My Christmas nutcrackers were busted out of the attic today! It begins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

lived for a while in the states and there we did put the decorations up just before thanks giving
    Still here doing the same so just before thanksgiving it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Mine went up on Saturday. Its fantastic coming home to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sundew wrote: »

Boards attachment allows up to 4mb jpg files.

Posy wrote: »
    Tiny pic or imgur are good ones.

SHOW US. :D

Tis up Posy!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The hubby is being sent to the states for work in the first week of December, and I've somehow managed to convince him that the tree will now have to go up the weekend before he travels. Tree going up on the 24th! Woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Usually around the 7th or 8th of December. Never earlier but sometimes later

Toots wrote: »
    The hubby is being sent to the states for work in the first week of December, and I've somehow managed to convince him that the tree will now have to go up the weekend before he travels. Tree going up on the 24th! Woohoo!!
    Tree buddies!! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I normally aim for first weekend in December, but since I'm working that weekend, then start on Nights on the Monday, I'll probably put it up 27th or 28th November.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Usually after my dad's birthday (2nd of Dec) and before my sister's (the 10th).

But this is the first year where both of us children will be away until the 22nd so there's a good chance it won't go up until the 23rd. I'm usually the tree and light decorator but I'm secretly hoping the parents have it done when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

About week before Christmas.... children all flown the nest now, so no much excitement around Christmas.

Advertisement