Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes stores interviews

Options
  • 30-10-2018 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I had a interview and they said I'd definitely be hearing from them dose that mean I got the job or and how long do they get back to you if you got the job thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Leelaa wrote: »
    I had a interview and they said I'd definitely be hearing from them dose that mean I got the job or and how long do they get back to you if you got the job thank you

Normally if they say they'll definitely be in touch means they're seriously considering you for the position. But then again you never know if someone more suitable interviewed after you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leelaa

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Normally if they say they'll definitely be in touch means they're seriously considering you for the position. But then again you never know if someone more suitable interviewed after you :confused:

She also suggested I take my dermo piercing out I said I have it booked to remove tomorrow she said great thank you oh and Happy Halloween

She also suggested I take my dermo piercing out I said I have it booked to remove tomorrow she said great thank you oh and Happy Halloween

Well I'd take it that they want to hire you if they asked you to remove a piercing. Otherwise why would they ask? I'd expect to hear from them shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You have the job when you've signed a contract, not before. And even then, you're going to be on probation for 6-12 months, during which you can be let go for pretty much any or no reason.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

You harassed them and now they're suing you so you'll hear from their lawyers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leelaa

I haven't done anything what do you mean by that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I think it was a bad attempt at a joke.

Best of luck with the job. But as mentioned above, you have the job when the contract is signed and then you will be on probation for 6 months or so. If offered the role bring your P45 with you as soon as possible. If you dont one request a copy from your previous employer as soon as you have a chance.

Nothing worse than getting emergency taxed right before Christmas.

This isn't After Hours.

Advertisement