Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

valoren wrote: »
    Jennifer Zampawhateverhernameis

"I'm getting paid the same as Nicky Byrne".

Yeah you're both worth nothing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Am I lucky I haven't a fecking clue who half the people mentioned are ?

Maybe not reading Irish papers, not watching much Irish telly and not listening to much Irish radio is finally paying off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen someone mentioned Nicky Byrne,
    I don't get that at all he is a really nice fella no issues with him at all , Remember he actually done something to deserve his celeb status and still remains down to earth , Unlike the likes of Vogue who's famous for marrying Brian McFadden and talking sh*t on things she has no expertise on , No one give a **** what you think,

I seen somewhere she was called the Irish Louis Theroux WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iv actually meet her a few times before and she seem like a nice person but I don't want to hear her opinion on things she has no idea about, just because she modelled once,

Also Erin McGregor what the f*ck is that all about ,
    On the radio there again 2 minutes ago who gives a f*ck about anything she has to say, it baffles me,

I don't get that at all he is a really nice fella no issues with him at all , Remember he actually done something to deserve his celeb status and still remains down to earth , Unlike the likes of Vogue who's famous for marrying Brian McFadden and talking sh*t on things she has no expertise on , No one give a **** what you think,

Iv actually meet her a few times before and she seem like a nice person but I don't want to hear her opinion on things she has no idea about, just because she modelled once,

On the radio there again 2 minutes ago who gives a f*ck about anything she has to say, it baffles me,

Jesus that's depressing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She's not even the irish Stacey Dooley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Nicky Byrne, he is a really nice fella no issues with him at all , Remember he actually done something to deserve his celeb status

In fairness though, any young good looking boys would have won the lottery that day had they turned up to audition for Louis Walsh.

Nicky Byrne was a better goalkeeper than he was a singer, and Leeds let him go as he wasn't good enough!!

In fairness though, any young good looking boys would have won the lottery that day had they turned up to audition for Louis Walsh.

Nicky Byrne was a better goalkeeper than he was a singer, and Leeds let him go as he wasn't good enough!!

A mate's kid used to be a big Westlife fan - she now refers to them as "two that can sing, two that look good but can't and him who quit!"

Fair call that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Or tall enough I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

After seeing Ciara Kelly last night on The Cutting Edge she has to go near the top. Bitter and twisted bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

The entire cast, crew and whoever commissioned Women on the Verge on RTE 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

redbuck wrote: »
    The entire cast, crew and whoever commissioned Women on the Verge on RTE 2.
    ah now theyre not as bad now as the Amy Huberman one and the twit in RTE who keeps giving her chance after chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Ivan Yates

Fr Brian Darcy

Daniel O'Donnell and the Mrs

Michael Healy rea, something really fukkking weird about him , he reminds me of Jimmy savile

All of boyzone Westlife and Louis walsh

All of RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

ah now theyre not as bad now as the Amy Huberman one and the twit in RTE who keeps giving her chance after chance

What's with all the hate for Amy Huberman? Genuine question. Is it her acting or overexposure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Donal Skehan - I believe that behind that big grin and those salt of the Earth mannerisms of his lies an extremely shrewd and cute hoor. I just think he's a total phony.

Miriam O'Callaghan just for her irritating West Brit accent alone.

Pat Kenny - Great at current affairs programmes but just comes across as a dry ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Skehan is a great shout, he's an annoying little twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Happy Pear....or as someone memorably called them here, “Hummus Jedward”.

A couple of greengrocers giving out advice to people on how to live and it’s seen as some sort of gold dust.

Conmen.

The same goes for all of those t*ssers/models who see themselves as chefs with not even a hint of a qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Donal Skehan - I believe that behind that big grin and those salt of the Earth mannerisms of his lies an extremely shrewd and cute hoor. I just think he's a phony

He also tried everything in his power to get famous before the cooking worked for him.

I think he was a solo singer, then in a band and he even tried tv presenting if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Happy Pear....= “Hummus Jedward”..

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Happy Pear....or as someone memorably called them here, “Hummus Jedward”.

Excellent!! That pair of twats freak me out- their eyes disappear when they smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember seeing the Happy Pear twins a few times on TV but I never heard them being introduced.
    I was certain they were a gay couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Bertie I didn't have a bank account, I won it on a horse, the plasterer gave it to me Ahern

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Macdarack wrote: »
    Bertie I didn't have a bank account, I won it on a horse, the plasterer gave it to me Ahern

He pretty much did vanish from the spotlight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Donal Skehan - I believe that behind that big grin and those salt of the Earth mannerisms of his lies an extremely shrewd and cute hoor. I just think he's a total phony.

He's a shítehawk...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

What's with all the hate for Amy Huberman? Genuine question. Is it her acting or overexposure?

awful actress, keeps getting opportunities off RTE which end up tanking the majority of the time, over exposed in the Irish media, (Indo and others love writing daily pointless articles on her like she got a new house or outfit or some pointless news) and portraying her as "Ireland's Princess"

Just because she's nice on twitter or the "U OK HUN" brigade love her or she's married to some fella who was good at a sport where 6 countries are good at doesn't mean keep giving her opportunities, at the expense of other younger actresses/writers who get slim pickings from RTE

Its like that South Park episode with Aweswemo and 2000 shows for Adam Sandler, its rte and has a robot coming up with 2000 shows for Amy Huberman which some twit in RTE thinks is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I have a good friend who worked for Donal Skehan for a good while.
    He's basically the golden child of a stinking rich family who hasn't many skills but looking half-decent, he doesn't deal well with criticism and is pretty self-absorbed. His wife once starting to work for him turned a bit work-shy and dumped all the load on others.
    They're both not particularly nice people and he's on a good run to actually mess his business up since all he talks about is his precious child and people simply don't care.
    He basically lives off the image that he's the perfect son-in-law for middle class mammies and that's where he gets his money from, mammies. His shows are all 10/10 bad (the very first Irish one was decent though) since all he shows is 5star hotels in other countries that all look the same and the rest, well, is a cheap knock off from Jamie Oliver himself.

I completely went off that guy once I got to know how horrible as a person he is and how poorly he treats his staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cloud9876

Holly Carpenter deserves a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cloud9876

Holly Carpenter deserves a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Odhinn

LirW wrote: »
    I have a good friend who worked for Donal Skehan for a good while.
    He's basically the golden child of a stinking rich family who hasn't many skills but looking half-decent, he doesn't deal well with criticism and is pretty self-absorbed. His wife once starting to work for him turned a bit work-shy and dumped all the load on others.
    They're both not particularly nice people and he's on a good run to actually mess his business up since all he talks about is his precious child and people simply don't care.
    He basically lives off the image that he's the perfect son-in-law for middle class mammies and that's where he gets his money from, mammies. His shows are all 10/10 bad (the very first Irish one was decent though) since all he shows is 5star hotels in other countries that all look the same and the rest, well, is a cheap knock off from Jamie Oliver himself.

I completely went off that guy once I got to know how horrible as a person he is and how poorly he treats his staff.

..few examples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Odhinn wrote: »
    ..few examples?

Why the **** does he need staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Billy Barry kids on the Late Late "Toy Show"

Advertisement