Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arni isn't injured,Pelligrini said he had a "bit of a virus and was sick".
    I think I'll keep him because I'm pretty sure he'll be back next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Thinking Auba/Maddison to Arnie/Sterling

Need a city mid and Sterling looks the most nailed after his rest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cheers!

I think I might just bank the transfer so. I guess I'm just getting itchy fingers looking at the two yellow flags and the fact that several of my players didn't even start last weekend! :pac: Still posted a decent score though. :)

I did bring in Arnie alright because of his seemingly favourable run of fixtures, not just last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

From GW10 thread

Any and all help/advice is welcome?
    km79 wrote: »
    Looking at your team there and especially the midfield and there is huge points potential any given week
    Strikers are a bit MEH for me tbh
    I’d prefer 2 mid priced (arnie and Murray maybe ) instead of lacazette and jiminez

The huge problem with that team and what is killing you is your budget defence
    I understand why you did it to put funds fitter up the pitch but this season the points have been at the back
    I adapted early and I’m glad I did
    For this weekend I will have 4 premiums
    I will most likely downgrade trippier after but for the most part the 6/6.5 ml premium defenders have been way way more consistent than any of the mids at that price

Strikers are an issue for everyone. If I was on WC I’d prob go 352 and I don’t know if I would keep aguero .........
    Colking wrote: »
    Any money ITB ?

Your team at the moment :

0AHgUin.jpg

Looking at your team, you have no real fires to put out, you have gone with some alternative picks (but that's par for the course with the way you play anyway)

You picked your wildcard team for a reason and everyone you put in back then was a good choice. Looking at it from the lens of the current schedule ease ticker, you're still on course.

You have a cheap defense. You have players though with a great run of fixtures.
    West ham were v unlucky to lose their clean sheet.
    Newcastle will keep clean sheets and plenty of them in the next good few weeks.
    Brighton were lucky enough the last 2 weeks but they have solidified and should be fine in the foreseeable.
    Wolves start to have a tough run but I'd not panic too much, Doherty and Bennet should have scored this weekend.

Your midfield is fine. I'd keep an eye on Richarlison but I'd be hopefull that Walcot will get a rollicking this week for being such a greedy barstward otherwise Richi was on for a haul.

Your attack could do with a look. KM made a good suggestion there of Arnie and Murray. Personally I'd leave them in with Aguero (I currently have Mitro but am thinking of Murray after this week to get that same front 3)

Man City are hard to gauge after last nights game as the pitch was a pure bog.

If however you're happy to consider moving Aguero on, I'd go for Auba, Murray and Arnie.

If you feel like it you could take a look at your GK situation. I have Patricio as well and they've been unlucky the last 2 butI'm tempted to start looking at Ryan or Fabianski. Personally I'd probably go Fabianski.

Your team is very solid, there are no stupid choices in there. You are just a little earlier than most in getting on some of the players and were unlucky with some of the rub of the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

From GW10 thread
    51 points!

Dropping like a stone, now at 955k!

Right, lads, I'm not enjoying myself at all. I think my wildcard has fecked up my team, as is standard to be honest.

I've got 2 transfers. Anyone want to tell me what to do to steady the ship? I've got an idea ye'll say bring back Salah, Alonso and probably Robbo. 3 players I ditched around the WC. Sterling probably isn't worth the value either?

Patricio - Hart
    Yedlin - Duffy - Doherty - Diop - AWB
    Mane - Hazard - Sterling - Ricky - Hoijberg
    Laca - Aguero - Jimenez

It's no longer funny that I'm in freefall. 955k having been at 177k after GW4 is quite simply a sh!tshow :o

I might copy this into the transfer thread.

I think you should start with Lacazette & Hjogberg out for Mahrez & ??

A 3 way attack of Sterling Mahrez Aguero would be huge.

I would then look at moving on Sterling or Aguero (my preference would be Aguero)

• Advertisement

From GW10 thread
    51 points!

Dropping like a stone, now at 955k!

Right, lads, I'm not enjoying myself at all. I think my wildcard has fecked up my team, as is standard to be honest.

I've got 2 transfers. Anyone want to tell me what to do to steady the ship? I've got an idea ye'll say bring back Salah, Alonso and probably Robbo. 3 players I ditched around the WC. Sterling probably isn't worth the value either?

Patricio - Hart
    Yedlin - Duffy - Doherty - Diop - AWB
    Mane - Hazard - Sterling - Ricky - Hoijberg
    Laca - Aguero - Jimenez

It's no longer funny that I'm in freefall. 955k having been at 177k after GW4 is quite simply a sh!tshow :o

I might copy this into the transfer thread.

I think you should start with Lacazette & Hjogberg out for Mahrez & ??

A 3 way attack of Sterling Mahrez Aguero would be huge this week

I would then look at moving on Sterling or Aguero (my preference would be Aguero)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking Firmino(who I just got in but by God was he playing deep) to Arnie with a view to doing Ramsey to Mane the week after. Not panicked, will do after cup games and all team news available

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Thinking Firmino(who I just got in but by God was he playing deep) to Arnie with a view to doing Ramsey to Mane the week after. Not panicked, will do after cup games and all team news available

Good moves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ugh. Is Mane to Mahrez being trigger happy? Rotation fear probably not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably move Ings out for Arnautovic but will need to take a -4 to go Rico to another non-playing but cheaper option to free up cash, a la Peltier.

I still think it’d be worth it as I really want Arnautovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    The huge problem with that team and what is killing you is your budget defence
    I understand why you did it to put funds fitter up the pitch but this season the points have been at the back
    I adapted early and I’m glad I did
    For this weekend I will have 4 premiums
    I will most likely downgrade trippier after but for the most part the 6/6.5 ml premium defenders have been way way more consistent than any of the mids at that price
    I'd echo this, I've a similar team to Mr.P, but have premium defenders rather than Sterling (Maddison). Sitting pretty at 140k with solid returns from 3/5 defenders every week rather than relying on Sterling to bridge the gap

I'd highly reccomend the E-TRAM* to all

* Ederson - Trippier Robertson Alonso Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Played WC this week. My current team is bellow but I've tied with the idea of a strong third midfielder (Martial/Mahrez) and 2 playing strikers (Wilson - Success). I've also unsure which defensive options to go with. I'd like to get Chelsea cover in but can't do it without downgrading Ederson (Ryan/Fab) and upgrade Kiko. But then I'd have 2 very strong playing subs - which is a bit overkill.
    Thinking Kiko - Duffy next week or Bednarek - AWB or Bennett.

Currently sitting at 300k but was in top 50k until week 7.
    Thoughts?

Current Price/Sell/Purchased
    Goalkeepers
    Ederson £5.7 £5.6 £5.5
    Hamer £4.0 £4.0 £4.0

Defenders
    Bednarek £3.9 £3.9 £4.0
    Trippier £6.3 £6.1 £6.0
    Kiko Femenía £4.2 £4.2 £4.2
    Gomez £5.1 £5.1 £5.1
    Laporte £5.8 £5.8 £5.8

Midfielders
    Salah £12.9 £12.8 £12.8
    Hazard £11.3 £11.0 £10.7
    Fraser £6.1 £5.8 £5.6
    Barkley £5.8 £5.7 £5.7
    Pereyra £6.4 £6.3 £6.3

Forwards
    Arnautovic £7.0 £7.0 £7.0
    Wilson £6.6 £6.5 £6.5
    Agüero £11.3 £11.1 £11.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Missed the game last night. How bad was Mendy? How likely is it that he'd be dropped? I don't have him but would really like him back in for Southampton at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Missed the game last night. How bad was Mendy? How likely is it that he'd be dropped? I don't have him but would really like him back in for Southampton at home...

He was very poor. Sissoko and Lamela ran rings around him. He was lucky not to be sent off after a petulant swing out at Lamela that missed. The field was in a state after holding the NFL over the weekend which didn't help. Still can't see him being dropped. I think Laporte is the sure bet in defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sheroman01 wrote: »

He defends like Alonso. But neither are going to be dumped any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cheers folks :)

Appreciate all those wise words.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Anyone any thoughts on kenedy?

Want to sell trent for mendy but it would require selling fraser for a 5m mid. Kenedy has great fixtures and i was impressed with him last season but i haven't watched Newcastle this season and it seems like they are really bad at scoring goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lookng at Firmino and Begovic to Aguero and Ederson currently. Will watch the scoutcast tonight and assess, seems an odd pair of transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MR NINE wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on kenedy?

Want to sell trent for mendy but it would require selling fraser for a 5m mid. Kenedy has great fixtures and i was impressed with him last season but i haven't watched Newcastle this season and it seems like they are really bad at scoring goals.

I am looking at similar

TAA to Mendy funded by either Mitro to Jiminez (or even Success) or Fraser to Kennedy.

I hadn't considered him till I saw your post. I think he's the best at that price but something tells me it's just great to avoid that price point

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Maddison & Richarlison to Mahrez & Barkley worth a -8?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Maddison & Richarlison to Mahrez & Barkley worth a -8?

I wouldn’t do it even with 2 FT’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Agree, you are trading for much higher rotation risks and as seen this weekend that can backfire

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Agree, you are trading for much higher rotation risks and as seen this weekend that can backfire

Thirded.

:pac: :)

That’s that settled. Trying to get more City coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So you can have 3 sitting on the bench while pep plays a completely different team just for fun the one week you need it most to field 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Double up on defence, that's what I've done.

That’s what I’m trying to do.

Struggling though.

Would most likely mean playing 4-5-1 though with Arnoutavic up front.

Would also mean a very poor bench.

I’ve none

• Advertisement

So you can have 3 sitting on the bench while pep plays a completely different team just for fun the one week you need it most to field 11!

Not really. 7 midfielders competing for 5 positions. You could really rule Sane out as an option & with that I believe Mahrez is nailed on. Pep didn’t want to force in straight away. Mahrez has started the last 3 games. They have a Carabao game Thursday where “others” will play

Advertisement