Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dkw Autounion

Options
  • 26-10-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I've come across an old dkw auto union car. I understand these cars were pre audi cars. Could someone tell me how I might go about finding the model or more info about it. I have the reg but wouldn't be on file as far as I'm aware. Looking to sell car for parts or to someone who might do it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Curley75

3 cylinder 2 stroke. Fantastic little motors. I've a friend who restores them and is always looking for projects.
    If you're interested gives a shout.
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Es ist ein klassisches Auto

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

3=6 or Junior?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Some more info on Irish Assembled DKWs here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055799753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

contact Bill Ryan c/o Ballincollig Motor Club (I know where his house is, been there, forget the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

I think there is a DKW car in the Kilgarvan Motor museum in Kerry and from memory they have a keen interest in them, you could contact them for info on it. its a friendly family run place.

there is also a DKW club in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

What became of the DKW?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

aujopimur wrote: »
    What became of the DKW?.

Became property of Daimler Benz who sold it to VW in the mid sixties, Two stroke DKWs were phased out and the prewar Audi brand was revived for a new four cylinder car which became the Audi 60, predecessor of the 80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I know all about DKW/Auto Union as I own a few, I was enquiring about the fate of the OPs car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

aujopimur wrote: »
    I know all about DKW/Auto Union as I own a few, I was enquiring about the fate of the OPs car.

Never saw the "the" lol
    There's photos of it on backroads.ie

Advertisement