Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Glasgow Warriors, Sat 27th Oct 5:15pm, Eir Sport 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Munster with a kick to win it. Looks very far though

Edit: Scannel makes it. Brilliant fightback from Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ooh, scannell to kick. He definitely has the distance......what a pair of liathroidi!!!!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Glasgow’s negative tactics cost them that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Absolutely superb kick.

Glasgow will certainly feel robbed. They played really well considering, but just couldn't finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

awec wrote: »

Absolutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Rory won’t pay for a pint in a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Unbelievable kick, fair play Rory!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Glasgow's third try, how was the turnover legal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Job for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think Glasgow will feel aggrieved that Munster got ten points from two pretty harsh penalties.

That said, it's awful seeing teams pick and jam to wind the clock down so no harm the ref pinged them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Munster very lucky. Matawalu pinged for a legit turnover for the last try. POM was not supporting his weight (something the ref had pinged him for previously) and earned a penalty to win the game. Glasgow deserves that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Every team in rugby do that.... Toulouse did something very very similar for longer against Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That was great fun for a Saturday evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Monster kick and still had some left on it.
    At 80 minutes too.

Some man.

Botha is a great impact player.
    Loved Munster's caution to the wind and smash the non ball carriers at the end. If Glasgow were sealing off then play them at their own game.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Munster very lucky. Matawalu pinged for a legit turnover for the last try. POM was not supporting his weight (something the ref had pinged him for previously) and earned a penalty to win the game. Glasgow deserves that one.
    I think he pinged the tackler for being slow to roll away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Haley is starting to look like an absolutely brilliant signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I think he pinged the tackler for being slow to roll away.

He was def speaking to Matawalu after it, but can’t remember exactly what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Don't think we heard what he said, Toland complained about that a few times.

While you won this game, I think there is probably cause for concern regarding overall play, especially the backs. Munster still seem overly reliant on sheer brute force, and forwards who can give you 20 minutes of powerful runs. There's not much brains on show.

Today was not great, but it's as if you realised in the last 15 minutes that you had more gas left in the tank than Glasgow so just resorted to running over the top of them. There's only so many times that'll bail you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

While you won this game, I think there is probably cause for concern regarding overall play, especially the backs. Munster still seem overly reliant on sheer brute force, and forwards who can give you 20 minutes of powerful runs. There's not much brains on show.

Today was not great, but it's as if you realised in the last 15 minutes that you had more gas left in the tank than Glasgow so just resorted to running over the top of them. There's only so many times that'll bail you out.

No doubt about that, we made a meal of it, kicking ball to Glasgow and inviting them to run back is not a smart move.

But... JJ and Keats were terrible in fairness and that's not really something we didn't already know. Keats made a mockery of Botha's run and JJ was ponderous with the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JJ was great in open field when he got going, made a couple of really nice breaks.

But I think he's proved that outhalf isn't his best position.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well that was pretty epic in the end. What a kick from Scannell. Debateable penalty I thought but nice to get the rub of the green in the end.

However, another pretty poor performance and Glasgow will be kicking themselves that they didn’t come away with the win. Serious question marks over the coaching for me at the minute. We just aren’t playing well in all facets of the game.

The team especially the forwards we had starting that game today should have been dominant over a Glasgow team missing lots of first team regulars. Our scrum was creaking at times, our maul never got going and our breakdown wasn’t good enough tonight.

Anyway, that was a vital win in the context of the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Haley is starting to look like an absolutely brilliant signing.

why do you reckon that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

What a last minute smash and grab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Serious question marks over the coaching for me at the minute. We just aren’t playing well in all facets of the game.
    Totally agree. We've gone well backwards under Van Graan and I've no idea what he's bringing to the party - he doesn't have much of a pedigree and it's ridiculous that he landed the Munster role on such a slim CV.

I was wondering how/why he was 'technical advisor' at the Blue Bulls when he was 24 (you would presume there would be loads of experienced veteran/retired first class players looking for these positions) and I came across this detail:
    He is the son of Barend van Graan,[5] the long-serving CEO of the Blue Bulls Rugby Union.

That was a terrific game, really enjoyed the drama of it. Munster were horrible in defence today, figuratively and literally. They absolutely smothered Glasgow in parts but then would do something really sloppy a moment later.

Still very impressive to have kept the heads and worked back upto the win, Scannell will get no shortage of press for that kick - which is no harm given his unexpected omission from the November squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That was a terrific game, really enjoyed the drama of it. Munster were horrible in defence today, figuratively and literally. They absolutely smothered Glasgow in parts but then would do something really sloppy a moment later.

Still very impressive to have kept the heads and worked back upto the win, Scannell will get no shortage of press for that kick - which is no harm given his unexpected omission from the November squad.

Not being funny but was it unexpected? He hasn’t been involved beyond the wider squads in the last year has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

stephen_n wrote: »
    Not being funny but was it unexpected? He hasn’t been involved beyond the wider squads in the last year has he?

He was 24th man regularly during the 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He was 24th man regularly during the 6 Nations.

Memory must be faulty, didn’t think he was in the 6N squad or Australia.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »

I got the impression a good few people were surprised, many reckoned he'd be 4th choice with Farrell out, but I guess the coaches only view Henshaw and Aki as 12's so he lost out to his mid field partner.

Advertisement