Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Good to know about retrogaming cables. I need a few off them. Be well over £100 so don't fancy getting stung with customs off them.

Is there any Eu alternatives for them though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My brother sent me this thinking I'd be impressed and I can't help wondering how it's an official product and how they managed to make it look so tacky and ****:

https://arcade1up.com/blogs/buzz/supremes-mortal-kombat-arcade-cabinet-drops-today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tacky and **** is Supremes MO.

They can even make Louis Vuitton stuff even tackier.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What's the deal with Supremes stuff? For some weird reason they seem to have an Akira license and I keep seeing Akira shirts and bits and bobs with their stupid logo selling for a fortune.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They basically take some pretty decent merch, make it look **** by slapping the supreme logo on it then charge more for it and then the chavs are on it likes flies to shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Why is that even a thing? In what world does it even make sense to put a Supreme logo on this?

This is worse than the Balenciaga X Fortnite stuff where a plain shirt with a text logo was €700.

Supreme, Balenciaga and Gucci are all tacky rubbish for people who want to pretend they have money. Supreme sold a literal brick FFS.

Poor quality, overpriced, artificially scarce nonsense to make hypebeasts go nuts. It's all straight onto the resale market too so people are paying stupid money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

folks, would anyone know of a european of Chinese alternative to the USA based "laserbear" website? Looking to order a few 3d printed trays for some consoles (gamecube, dreamcast and ps1) and the cheapest shipping option is $180 with UPS standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Balls, steam deck pushed out by a few months will be lucky to get it for next Xmas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yep, just got the email myself.

Bugger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

Ah crap, hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further, really looking forward to it

It's been confirmed the Steam release of the Darius collection supports multi monitor setups to emulate the original 3 monitor set up from the arcade. No word on ultra wide support, but would make sense for it to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If you have the 3D STL file for the trays you wanted printed (maybe find them on thingiverse.com), you could use the 3D print service by Steve X2 which is listed on the A&R Marketplace

Nice. Darius burst in my ultra wide is amazing. Was hoping this would come to pc and not end up like all the other shooters and be stuck on switch/ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not Gaming related, but I actually got a genuine bargain on Adverts the other day. 8 Iznogoud (by René Goscinny) books, including postage that worked out at just over 2 euro each, most in mint condition. Not a patch on Asterix or his other work, and one or two less than pc characterisations in them, but they're still decent books, and still a bargain for fans. Probably less than half the price of what you'd get them for on eBay, even without postage.

So isn't that a heartwarming story at just gone midnight......

Now to go back to looking at people trying to sell ZX Spectrums for 300 quid or Speccy games for tens of pounds.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Anyone heard the pc88 FM synth versions of the actraiser soundtrack that koshiro did before translating them to snes? They sound way better than the snes tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think I have, though I can't remember where I heard them! The game itself isn't a PC88 game though is it? Was the OST itself written on PC88 perhaps?

If this was mine I could be safely accused of flexing....it's a gorgeous machine. Alas, not mine....I only built it. Just to showcase some of Steve's wonderful 3D printing too....I needed a GPU support for the absolutely chungus 3080Ti, so Steve naturally delivered. originally I found a custom made bracket designed for this gpu (well the 3080 version, identical dimensions though I think) and case....and while the curve fits the fan shroud perfectly, the base itself just isn't right...it's slightly too short. Thankfully I bought one of Steve's suggestions as a backup, which actually suits the overall look very well.

I have thay same case. It's great for tidy builds.

He composed them first on pc88 then converted them to the snes when he got the hardware. It's always been snes but he composes all tracks on the pc88, even the megadrive ones and the his later stuff.

• Advertisement

It's a lovely case to look in at, but I didn't find it hugely accommodating at the rear - certainly not for this build anyway with a myriad of Corsair controller hubs, and associated wiring. I cable managed as well as possible, but even still, closing the rear panel is a slight struggle.

I did have thay trouble as well but once closed I can forget about those cables!

Sweet build! If I could nitpick one thing, I'd go with fully sleeved PSU cables with cable combs, I find they look a bit neater and would go well with a build that clean. Corsair sell white braided SATA cables too :) I'm a sucker for white builds but it takes full commitment and planning of an entire system.

Very cool bracket, I like that the cables can fit under it.

*Also not a flex, because it's a 1060 lol

Yep, the one single thing that irks me are the stock gpu cables. The sleeved ones would finish it nicely, will look into it cheers. Nothing wrong with 1060's, 4k 120Hz all the way, not a problem at all (!).

Joking aside, my own machine still has a 1070 in it, though I don't ask a lot of it at the moment. My 7700k isn't W11 compatible so I'll be looking to upgrade next year. Will wait and see what AMDs response to 12th gen Intel is before deciding what route to go. Might have to do a white build for myself, its not captured properly on camera but there's just a lovely soft glow from the lights inside the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭briany

I imagine that it'll have a similar feel to Dara O'Briaiaian's Go 8-bit whereby it'll be a 2nd tier comedian, an ex-footballer, a singer and another 2nd tier comedian playing games challenges. At least one retro challenge per programme from a retro game of broad renown, i.e. world 1, level 1 of Super Mario Bros.

I don't know what Trevor McDonald will be doing as Gamesmaster, though, because the idea of dispensing games advice would be a bit contrived in this day and age. I suppose that just leaves him to announce what the games and challenges will be.

I'll still watch it, though. I liked D'oB's Go 8 Bit as well, so it being broadly similar wouldn't be much of a minus to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

A 7700k is not comaptible? I hope you are joking.. That surely is a mistake on the compatibility checker app?

It can be installed, but only 8th gen+ are on the compatibility list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Sad old few days for Spectrum fans, Bernie Drummond co creator of Matchday 2, Head over Heels and the isometric Batman game died, and the other day the man behind RZX Archive on youtube and website of same name, Daren Pearcy passed away too. RIP to them both.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

It's not officially supported believe it or not. It can be done, but I'm not going to bother. W11 needs a bit more polish tbh, so happy enough to wait until next year.

• Advertisement

Thought this was amusing. Retrobit are releasing gaiares and managed to recreate the old advert for it with the original guy in the photo.

Advertisement