Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Escape Room

• 24-10-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,593 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

I loved the original Cube film and this looks a bit like a new take on it.

In cinemas from January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭ Slydice

Yeah, cube was exactly what I thought! I like the blue room!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 restive

Anyone see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 Autecher

restive wrote: »
    Anyone see this?
    Yeah I went to see it last night. I enjoyed it, it's a load of nonsense but it's not supposed to be anything else. You could pick holes in it throughout or you could just relax and enjoy it for what it is, a 90 minute diversion from real life.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

I'm just back from it too. I liked it! It won't win any awards but it was pretty clever and could be the start of a long running franchise if it does well.

The last scene was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 restive

In fairness they did manage to build some tension in the middle of the film. Some of the scenarios did not make sense and the made a complete mess of the ending. Yes it's utter nonsense. But they managed to make 5 final destination movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,593 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Finally got around to seeing this tonight and enjoyed it for what it is and that ending sets up a follow up.

$151m box office on a budget of $9m so it is not surprising a follow up will be out next year.

Advertisement