Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape Room

• 24-10-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

I loved the original Cube film and this looks a bit like a new take on it.

In cinemas from January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah, cube was exactly what I thought! I like the blue room!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Anyone see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

restive wrote: »
    Anyone see this?
    Yeah I went to see it last night. I enjoyed it, it's a load of nonsense but it's not supposed to be anything else. You could pick holes in it throughout or you could just relax and enjoy it for what it is, a 90 minute diversion from real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm just back from it too. I liked it! It won't win any awards but it was pretty clever and could be the start of a long running franchise if it does well.

The last scene was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

In fairness they did manage to build some tension in the middle of the film. Some of the scenarios did not make sense and the made a complete mess of the ending. Yes it's utter nonsense. But they managed to make 5 final destination movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finally got around to seeing this tonight and enjoyed it for what it is and that ending sets up a follow up.

$151m box office on a budget of $9m so it is not surprising a follow up will be out next year.

Advertisement