Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 19.10.18 & Ray Darcy Show 20.10.18 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ray is emotionally tone deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Keeps dragging her back to the gas chambers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Granddad from Only Fools and Horses once performed for Adolf Hitler and met him, it was at a British Council Goodwill tour designed to promote Anglo German Relations (which didn't really work)

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/only-fools-and-horses-lennard-pearce-adolf-hitler-nazi-shoot-gun-a7978591.html
    “He was a young actor touring Europe and they were playing some German city and the Nazis walked in,” ...

“The top honchos of the Nazi party had seen the play and came to congratulate them ­afterwards. Lennard shook hands with Adolf Hitler.

“He only ever told me once, but he said, ‘Had I known then what I know now, I would have drawn the pistol from one of the bodyguards and I’d have done my best to kill him.’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Great woman.

Heckler wrote: »
    I get your point but the survivors of the camps are getting old now and it won't be long before there are none left. its important to hear their stories.

Agree. This sort of interview is "precious". As I'm writing this though, I do wonder what it's doing on this show? Roll the guests in, roll them out again sort of show. It just doesn't feel right having such a special person on this show without the right pre-positioning.

I dunno what to think. But I just feel having this lovely person, (from what's she's saying this evening) on this horrible show, is wrong. Best way I can express myself right now.

• Advertisement

I thought they couldn't let them out because of sickness and disease

This lady could do a documentary in her own right. She truly is inspirational.

I'm going to watch this interview back tomorrow,

it deserves more attention than I have given it.

Skid X wrote: »
    I'm going to watch this interview back tomorrow,

it deserves more attention than I have given it.

My own view is it's not for TRD Show. In needs something like Gaybo 1970's/80's treatment on TLLS with a panel over the course of a few hours- not some sh1tty show like Rays.

In fact, if Brendan O' Connor was hosting the show tonight, he'd treat this so much better and differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sorry to cut you short Edith, but we have to make way to interview two puppets.

• Advertisement

Here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I thought they couldn't let them out because of sickness and disease

True. And the troops couldn't even give them food or rations they were so starved it would done more harm than good. They had to wait for doctors to come and medically supervise their feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

First time ray has looked tall

Surprised Ray didn’t choose to dance to ‘Belsen Was A Gas’ by the Sex Pistols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jaysus, Ray more or less told to f off there!

My own view is it's not for TRD Show. In needs something like Gaybo 1970's/80's treatment on TLLS with a panel over the course of a few hours- not some sh1tty show like Rays.

Yeah, can't argue with that.

Auschwitz and Podge and Rodge do not belong on the same show.

Possibly on different episodes, not on the same evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

What a fantastic woman.

Inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nice legs....shame about the voice

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He only danced with her to show she's not as tall as him

And I thought the original version wasn't great:eek::eek::eek:

And what's with the white ABBA shoes?

• Advertisement

I wonder how much Bank Of Ireland paid for that abomination of a cover version?

This looks harmless, but Phil Collins is earning royalties from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Well, I think this song is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Brilliant guest, but like somebody else said, deserved a gay byrne type interview, over the course of an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great tune.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Conor Murray plays a mean xylophone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It needs a full on documentary interspersed with a few interviews with her and input from some decent historians.

I've been to Auschwitz, Bergen Belsen and Dachau. I'd advise anybody to go, terrible place, but you learn from it.

I also think we need a similar museum and memorial place to the abuse that went on here in Magdalene Laundries and Industrial Schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost, maybe, kinda like that.

Much better than any sound Phil Collins has ever made.

Wow.

A female singer with ‘fragile’ vocals, covering a famous rock song for an ad.

That’s never been done before :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

She has the same annoying voice as Dildo

Advertisement