Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Gloucester, Sat 20th Oct 1pm, VM One / BT Sport 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dreadful decision

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pain in the hole all these replays and cards over absolutely nothing.

Embarrassing for red 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Shambles so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well finished, Sweetnam and Conway both took the maximum from their carries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Good to get in for the try, is that Haley's first in red?

Great pressure, good try.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

For all the crying that was done in the last couple of weeks, the referee has been very kind to Munster today.

They've been well on top since the yellow but Gloucester had a perfectly acceptable jackel attempt told to leave it in the build up to that try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Embarrassing for red 13.

Yeah seriously embarrassing to get a shoulder to the head at a ruck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Great clear out by Williams, some good tackling by him so far....poor passing though at times as usual

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Embarrassing for red 13.

It hit his back but alright.

Faugheen wrote: »
    For all the crying that was done in the last couple of weeks, the referee has been very kind to Munster today.

They've been well on top since the yellow but Gloucester had a perfectly acceptable jackel attempt told to leave it in the build up to that try.

Leave it, man. Any old excuse to stick the knife in.
    The yellow was harsh, but Gloucester won a penalty when they should have given one away leading to the rolling maul too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You must be French.

So perhaps a HIA would be needed.

Jesus, Williams' passing is shocking.

Really missing Cloete in a game like this.

Faugheen wrote:

His back? Are you looking at Banahans clear out after? First clearouts right shoulder hits Goggin in the head or high neck area and his head snapped back. No problem with Banahans one after. They flew in, in similar ways but Banahan made no high contact.

• Advertisement

Polledri trying to break Beirne's fingers in the maul.
    Classic shenanigans.

Embarrassing from Scannell there as well I suppose? Shoulder to the face is red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's at least a yellow for Cipriani.

Same as the Kaino challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Jean kleyne starting to bring some heavy carries

The backrow are not getting to breakdowns at all quickly.

Now THAT's a red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Munster starting to go thru the gears a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This could be red.

Lol Cipriani.

Embarrassing from Scannell there as well I suppose? Shoulder to the face is red.

Two completely different challenges.

Don't think you'll hear many complaining about that red, but the yellow was soft as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Letter of the law... ok sure red.
    If anyone genuinely believes that should be a red then i despair. At the speed and height he was running into the shoulder rather than the other way around.

These new rules are ruining the game I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Luke Fitzgerald is pissing himself laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cipriani, you idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Two completely different challenges.

Don't think you'll hear many complaining about that red, but the yellow was soft as f*ck.

Agreed, completely different.

That's the game. It is a red, harsh generally speaking but consistent with what we've seen so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Never a red

Game ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I'm Munster to the core but bloody hell that's a harsh red. I know player safety is paramount these days but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Cipriani. Unbelievable. For all his talent, the man is just a car crash.

That should be game Munster now.

If anyone genuinely believes that should be a red then i despair. At the speed and height he was running into the shoulder rather than the other way around.

I enjoy watching Cipriani's continuing struggles against Irish opposition. A few years ago it was getting sidestepped by Furlong now it's the red card.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Scannell got a shoulder to the face and didn't go flailing and shouting to the ref so no, not remotely comparable.

Red card, letter of the law, whatever, the game is becoming unwatchable at this rate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What is Cipriani supposed to do there? Jump out of the way? Harsh imo, but the letter of the law says it's red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    What is Cipriani supposed to do there?

Go lower? Attempt to wrap his right arm?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Scythica wrote: »

Watch the body position for everyone else, they are low below shoulder level, it's the tackles responsibility for getting into the right position,

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

The game is turning into a game for pansies. In my day that was a good hit. Teams’ size will start to count against them if the rules changes continue in this direction. It will be s game for small nimble players and size won’t count any more

Scythica wrote: »

We heard you the first 2 times!
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Kiith wrote: »
    What is Cipriani supposed to do there? Jump out of the way? Harsh imo, but the letter of the law says it's red.

Get low, like everyone else

Very little Cipriani could have done there on repeat viewing. Shoulders to head need to be minimised but situations like that are pretty much unavoidable. Hard to know what the right thing to do is.

Sorry but Twelvetrees should be going here as well.

• Advertisement

Jaysus another card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That’s more of a red than ciprianis. This game has been so stop start it’s a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

touts wrote: »
    I'm Munster to the core but bloody hell that's a harsh red. I know player safety is paramount these days but.....

Same as you. If they are going to penalise every thing on replays it's going to get ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Gloucester have no fight in them now. This could be a 30 point margin.

Heymans wrote: »
    The game is turning into a game for pansies. In my day that was a good hit. Teams’ size will start to count against them if the rules changes continue in this direction. It will be s game for small nimble players and size won’t count any more

In my day players weren't add fast or big or professional, players have to be protected or else we'll have some serious brain damage

• Advertisement
Advertisement