Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cloudy90210

My answer to this is simple those working parents chose to have children.
    If they find it that difficult long commutes, long hours, barely seeing thier kids etc.
    Why bother becoming a parent?
    You are only fooling yourself in that scenario.
    It is just part-time parenting, full time work.
    Rinse and repeat then.
    Surely the parenting has to suffer when it is not the main focus.

As I said earlier I think that is a positive aspect of traveller culture the full time mothers and the sense of community.
    Granted thier are obvious unsavory aspects as well.
    But the main principle is sound.
    If mothers in the settled community only had children if they could afford with a stay at home / stay at home house husband.
    That would mean less stress, no part time parenting and a parent who sees thier child grow up.
    Anything else seems to be trying to burn the candle at both ends and one or other aspect suffering.

But society at large has made thier choices this is the norm for others to bring up kids for working part-time parents.
    I still find it odd, but that is just my opinion.

No, it's not sound

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'm not a fan of Margaret Cash but I feel like a bit of a bully slagging her off. She has received alot of crap after her stunt but I think this thread has run it's course.

Would this thread be closed if she killed herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

baldbear wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Margaret Cash but I feel like a bit of a bully slagging her off. She has received alot of crap after her stunt but I think this thread has run it's course.

What the actual fcuk? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

If they find it that difficult long commutes, long hours, barely seeing thier kids etc.
    Rinse and repeat then.

As I said earlier I think that is a positive aspect of traveller culture the full time mothers and the sense of community.
    If mothers in the settled community only had children if they could afford with a stay at home / stay at home house husband.
    That would mean less stress, no part time parenting and a parent who sees thier child grow up.
    Anything else seems to be trying to burn the candle at both ends and one or other aspect suffering.

But society at large has made thier choices this is the norm for others to bring up kids for working part-time parents.

And if you had your way, and everyone was a full time parent to stay at home with their kids, who would pay Margaret her 50k a year?

No, why should it be closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Rinse and repeat then.

The world has gone mad

givyjoe wrote: »
    What the actual fcuk? :confused:

She wrote on FB before that she doesn’t want to live anymore. But she then said all was good as was just having a moment.

She wrote on FB before that she doesn’t want to live anymore. But she then said all was good as was just having a moment.

Should have stopped havin so many babbies and not be able to house them properly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

SusieBlue wrote: »
    You are also not so subtly saying that working women don't care about their children (bolded) but I won't take the bait.

I think it is almost a box ticking excise for the working mother now.
    Education - Marry Late - Man - 1 kid - back to work childminder brings up kid.
    (Which means someone else takes over the parenting)

Granted, not all stay at home mothers are good.
    But the travellers have it right it is more natural and less manufactured.

If the travellers could sort out education and after education, then they would be on the right track completely. In my view.
    But that is up to the travellers to sort out.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

My point is they are trying to have the best of both worlds, but in reality someone else is doing the parenting.
    It baffles me how it has become the social norm.
    Look at what that parent is missing out on (it does not have to be mother by the way - it could be house husband).
    A childminder gets to see the kid growing up instead of the parent.

You try telling a traveller that someone else is going to rare your kids and both (for the most part) because that is the way we do it in society...
    Just because it is the way we do things now in modern Ireland?

I spent more than 5 years working as a childminder. Full time. 9-5. I also know many other women who were working in childcare just like myself. Not a single one of us would ever say that we raised the kids or that the kid sees more of us than the parent. My job was to make sure that homework is done, kids get some food to keep them going through the day and that they are happy and safe. I was a friend to those kids, and I would never consider my role more important or more influential on the children than their parents.

All of the parents I worked with made sure to give the kids a call after school just to have a quick chat with them. As soon as they came home from work, they went out with them, for a walk, a cycle, or just sat down with them and watched their favourite tv show together. The parents raised their kids, saw them grow up, and did their absolute best to make sure that the kids are not missing out on anything.

To suggest that working parents are somehow worse for the children than someone who has been sponging off the state their entire life is absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If the travellers could sort out education and after education, then they would be on the right track completely. In my view.

raising children to be criminals who live off the state is having it right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

God forbid a woman educate herself, or dare to build a decent life for herself and the children she can afford. Hussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

dont-feed-troll-sign-260nw-548074756.jpg

Really think he just wants the thread shut down at this stage

Bully?
    She has completely brought the whole situation on herself -

1) She chose to have all those kids.

2) She chose to be with a guy who is jailed

3) She chose to make her Garda station stint into a stunt

4) She chose to refuse housing 3 bedroom

5) She chose to commit 39 convictions.

6) She chose to stand outside the dail ranting and raving.

If she chose to kill herself it will not be because of anything else but her choices.
    Not because of you or me or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

There you have it, folks. Marry your cousin at age 16 and start popping out babies. It's the natural way to do things.
    If the travellers could sort out education and after education, then they would be on the right track completely.

You're missing the point that if Travellers were better educated, they wouldn't be having so many kids. There's a clear negative correlation between the level of education available to women and the total fertility rate (TFR) in a population.

Gormdubhgorm,

Not once have you mentioned the fathers duties in this perfect utopia.

Grace7,

I see you thanking posts. Care to offer us some words of wisdom today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Some top level trolling going on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Why are you criticising women for finishing their education, getting married, and buying a house before they decide to have a child?

Are you saying it isn't a good thing for a child to be born to an educated woman with a good work ethic, parental stability and a secure home?
    Why isn't that a good thing?

Why is it better to be one of 7 children to a 26yr old single mother who didn't complete primary school, has no home, and a blasé regard for the law?

raising children to be criminals who live off the state is having it right?

So you are assuming all traveller kids are criminals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

As I said earlier I think that is a positive aspect of traveller culture the full time mothers and the sense of community. Granted thier are obvious unsavory aspects as well. But the main principle is sound. If mothers in the settled community only had children if they could afford with a stay at home / stay at home house husband. That would mean less stress, no part time parenting and a parent who sees thier child grow up. Anything else seems to be trying to burn the candle at both ends and one or other aspect suffering.

I'm genuinely curious what exactly allows Miss Cash afford all the children she has given birth to? You yourself have acknowledged she does not work .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Why are you criticising women for finishing their education, getting married, and buying a house before they decide to have a child?

Are you saying it isn't a good thing for a child to be born to an educated woman with a good work ethic, parental stability and a secure home?

Why is it better to be one of 7 children to a 26yr old single mother who didn't complete primary school, has no home, and a blasé regard for the law?

because she's not out making lads like gormwhatever feel inadequate probably

Granted, not all stay at home mothers are good. But the travellers have it right it is more natural and less manufactured.

Who pays for this choice?

What I am saying is that they could have thier education then marry etc.
    No problem with that.
    It is the working and giving the kids away to childminders while they work baffles me.
    They end up part-time parenting but full time working.
    Then the childminding costs me they would be nearly better off not working in the first place.

Have the child stay at home bring it up then work.
    Otherwise don't have the child because it will be more a childminders child, then a parents child.
    Parent would have only being half there.

What I am saying is that they could have thier education then marry etc.
    No problem with that.
    It is the working and giving the kids away to childminders while they work baffles me.
    They end up part-time parenting but full time working.
    Then the childminding costs me they would be nearly better off not working in the first place.

Have the child stay at home bring it up then work.
    Otherwise don't have the child because it will be more a childminders child, then a parents child.
    Parent would have only being half there.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who pays for this choice?

The travellers do at the moment because they marry too young and do not get educated except on a basic level.
    Society at large pays for it through taxes etc.

lawred2 wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So you honestly do not find it odd that the full-time working parents/part-time parents in this country work thier @rses off for someone else to bring up thier kid/2.5 kids?

It is madness.
    As I said the good aspects of the traveller culture could be learnt from.
    But people chose to ignore them.

. Society at large pays for it through taxes etc.

So those that go out to work get the privilege of financing the Cash brood. Thanks for confirming. System would collapse for Cash and co if every taxpayer decided to stay at home and pop out the sprogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The travellers do at the moment because they marry too young and do not get educated except on a basic level.
    Society at large pays for it through taxes etc.

Taxes which come from working people. Even those terrible mothers who have the audacity to work and have a kid.

So those that go out to work get the privilege of financing the Cash brood. Thanks for confirming. System would collapse for Cash and co if every taxpayer decided to stay at home and pop out the sprogs.

Not true.
    When there was the marriage ban on women etc etc and large familes in Ireland the world did not cave in.

• Advertisement

So you honestly do not find it odd that the full-time working parents/part-time parents in this country work thier @rses off for someone else to bring up thier kid/2.5 kids?

It is madness.
    As I said the good aspects of the traveller culture could be learnt from.
    But people chose to ignore them.

I think you're mad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement