Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 18 – USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

C4 saying Max is out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ah no. It's a broken wishbone for Verstappen's car. He won't be out on the track for Q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Starting to get very windy according to C4.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Mercedes and Vettel on the super soft

Kimi fastest on the ultras, good to see Ferrari split their strategy, might help in race if safety car

The supersoft tyre is working very well for Ferrari with a 1,2. Kimi is up top of the grid for now with the ultras.

• Advertisement

Mercedes have switched to ultras.

Ms

So according to Alonso the aero is gone backwards on there car as he was in 8th here last year and he is 16th this year. I wonder where he would have been if it was the same as last year but with the Renault engine. I think its just because more of the cars this year are more competitive now compared to last year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Haas will be disappointed with only 1 car in Q3 at their home race. First time they've had a competitive package for it.

Great lap from Leclerc again

Hamilton has got pole position. Vettel has got into 5th with his grid penalty counted in.

Kimi has gotten 2nd place which he never did at Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Not a bad grid for the race, pity Kimi couldn't get pole, but maybe good first corner he could get ahead

• Advertisement
    Ms

So what will Kimi do tomorrow? Will he play the team game maybe hold up Bottas and let Vettel by or just go try to win it himself?

Such a pity Vettel made that mistake yesterday and got that penalty.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Just watching sky wondering if there is a bit of bad blood between Paul DiResta and Nico Hulkenberg? Looked very awkward to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭Inviere

Now that Ferrari seem to have found their mojo again...

Scenario 1: Kimi smokes Lewis at the start, as he's on Ultra's compared to Lewis' Super's. The Ferrari was noticably quicker on the Super's in Q2 than the Merc was, so it could have been a masterstroke by Ferrari to put Kimi on an alternate strategy to the Mercs. He might be able to get ahead early, and keep Lewis contained, allowing Seb to hunt him down and overtake.

Scenario 2: Kimi and Lewis collide early on, throwing Lewis either out of the race, or way down the field. Seb then carves his way through quite handily, taking the win.

Scenario 3: Vettel and Ricciardo collide, with results as above.

Scenario 4: Lewis manages to hold the lead, Bottas gets ahead of Kimi, and they control the race as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dunno why McLaren havent just let Vandoorne leave and start his FE career. Just give Norris the last few races.

Sirotkin has now outqualified Stroll 11 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

pjohnson wrote:
    Sirotkin has now outqualified Stroll 11 times.

I know money has him there but I think he deserves a run next season. By all accounts he is a very team orientated . Always at the factory trying to learn more. Comes across well in interviews . And gave Perez a masterclass in defensive driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Verstappen down to 18th. Changed his gearbox.

Ms

Inviere wrote: »
    Now that Ferrari seem to have found their mojo again...

Scenario 1: Kimi smokes Lewis at the start, as he's on Ultra's compared to Lewis' Super's. The Ferrari was noticably quicker on the Super's in Q2 than the Merc was, so it could have been a masterstroke by Ferrari to put Kimi on an alternate strategy to the Mercs. He might be able to get ahead early, and keep Lewis contained, allowing Seb to hunt him down and overtake.

Scenario 2: Kimi and Lewis collide early on, throwing Lewis either out of the race, or way down the field. Seb then carves his way through quite handily, taking the win.

Scenario 3: Vettel and Ricciardo collide, with results as above.

Scenario 4: Lewis manages to hold the lead, Bottas gets ahead of Kimi, and they control the race as needed.

I like 1. I do not like any of them other scenerio's.

How about Kimi gets ahead of Lewis but then Lewis crashes into Kimi while trying to pass him thats better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

A bit of craic with the signs on Twitter - click the link and have a read...

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1053998084814852098?s=19

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭Inviere

AMKC wrote: »
    How about Kimi gets ahead of Lewis but then Lewis crashes into Kimi while trying to pass him thats better.

Covered in Scenario 2, the order of the cars notwithstanding, but a coming together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just watching sky wondering if there is a bit of bad blood between Paul DiResta and Nico Hulkenberg? Looked very awkward to me.

Just googled it now, Di Resta didn't get a 2014 seat with Force India, but Hülk did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Chances of everybody getting around turn 1 with no contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Herbert ya prick, I've an absolute texas longhorn for a decent bit of BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Don't think I'll even bother watching the race

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get to see scenario 2 relayed many times. It was the highlight of the race.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I can't decide whether or not I want to watch the cringe intros again. Hilarious that Liberty ban grid girls and keeps the cheerleaders! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

First lap, after that I might switch it off.

I see where you’re coming from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Hoping for Vettel crashing out early and Hamilton sailing to the championship

Yeah was gonna get a takeaway before the race but now thinking I'll just go during. :P

I will even more surprised if Hamilton & Kimi will both crash out early & Vettel will become the winner.

Love that Leclerc was excited to watch the guy skydiving with the trophy and that he took off his sunglasses to talk to the lads. Enthusiasm and manners! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

skipper_G wrote: »
    Love that Leclerc was excited to watch the guy skydiving with the trophy and that he took off his sunglasses to talk to the lads. Enthusiasm and manners! :)

Noticed that as well. Doesn't seem to have any attitude. Could become one of my preferred drivers to watch!

Advertisement