Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTI ballot

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

doc_17 wrote: »
    There isn’t even unity within a certain union with a 4 letter name at second level.

So for them to be calling out other unions who accepted a deal is a little stupid.

Wanna tell me when the ASTI membership or CEC were not united on this issue?

FYI, it was a ****ing cold day when we stood on the picket line while the TUI were toasty doing their JCT training.

When they received the signatures and had to call a special meeting and decided not to repudiate and suspended their action. The membership had deep unease about the direction they were being led and they acted and the action finished.

Are the TUI not allowed to accept or reject their deals based on the votes of their members anymore?

And FYI, ASTI are in the latest PSSA agreement even though they rejected it. The membership have said no but the leadership have said yes it would appear.

A joint campaign would be the only way, and by that I mean not only teaching, but PS wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

acequion wrote: »
    In fact ASTI has a mandate for strike action if the other two would only get a move on!! ASTI are the only crowd who've done anything and granted while there's a lot of dead wood who want to do nothing the majority still support action.

Only a united campaign by all three will bring results. Will we ever see it?

Well Sheila Nunan might finally have some time for her members when she's finished eating electoral humble pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Well Sheila Nunan might finally have some time for her members when she's finished eating electoral humble pie.

No longer involved with us(INTO).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

You got to hand it to any Labour politician trying to get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Just confirming that our increment date from now on is from 4 days ago, 10 June? I remember my initial contract started a few weeks after the start of September (even though I was in the school from day 1 of that year; I think the principal just forgot to get the forms in). Will my increment be a few weeks after 10 June, or have we all just been put back to 10 June?

Also, according to the ASTI website here we are due to get a 1.75% pay restoration this coming September:
    1st September 2019: 1.75% pay increase
    1st January 2020: Pension levy threshold revised upwards to €34,500
    1st October 2020: 2% pay increase

Anything else that I'm missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ethical

As far as I know all ASTI members now have a date of 10th June for increments.So you will probably see it on your next payslip .......or the one after that.You do realise that the ETBs have now to deal with several increment dates for many different teachers/contracts and were never given any extra staff to deal with it........and furthermore their computer systems are not the most up to date!

The increments freezes were a pain in the pocket.......but the ASTI are taking a court case over this as far as I know so we may go back to our "old" increment dates when HQ win the case........and they will win !!!
    Do not expect Prudent Paschal to pay any "back money" though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

ethical wrote: »
    As far as I know all ASTI members now have a date of 10th June for increments.So you will probably see it on your next payslip .......or the one after that.You do realise that the ETBs have now to deal with several increment dates for many different teachers/contracts and were never given any extra staff to deal with it........and furthermore their computer systems are not the most up to date!

The increments freezes were a pain in the pocket.......but the ASTI are taking a court case over this as far as I know so we may go back to our "old" increment dates when HQ win the case........and they will win !!!
    Do not expect Prudent Paschal to pay any "back money" though!

Dismal Donoghue owes every single one of us every cent of it since he didn't punish the nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

1.75%, pay increase? Be still my beating heart. They can stuff it. Instead the government can tackle highest mortgage and childcare costs in the EU. Id say insurance highest in EU too. Yet many here vote FG/FF. Beggars belief.

Advertisement