Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else sick of Today FM?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Zorya wrote: »
    Only two shows worth listening to on Irish radio are John Kelly's Mystery Train on Lyric FM and The John Creedon Show on RTE 1. They can be transcendental on good nights.

You left out the the weekend on one and late date on rte r1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Miss anton savage in the morning, use to be great crack when McKeon was on about the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I listen to 8radio.com (which is Irish) more and more and BBC Radio 6 mainly. There's no need to limit yourself to Irish FM radio anymore. They are awful and most are stealing a living. Particularly RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I love today fm! I used to love Louise Duffys show especially on Friday night's driving home. I listen to Dermot and Dave in work. I like them! They could do with switching up the music however

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

John Creedons show is the best one on radio hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

I really hate the one with the American accent on today fm.

I listen to Midlands Radio 3 on my drive to the bus from 5:45 to 6:15 and at that time in the morning there are no presenters just non stop music.Some of the songs aren't even that brilliant but it's absolute heaven compared to 90% of radio I've had the misfortune to listen to in recent years. I'd really love if someone came up with an idea to have non stop music playing all the time no DJ and only interrupted by ads and an hourly news bulletin.I really do wonder do DJ's actually provide any benefit to radio stations these days I've a feeling they turn away more people from listening than attract them to listen.

+1, they're useless with useless and worn out tricks.

Problem is, it's all been done before, and the kid DJs think they're original talent.

Remember the days when RTE used to go on strike? You'd always hear the best music non stop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What ever happened to the Ray Foley show?

Miss anton savage in the morning, use to be great crack when McKeon was on about the plane.

Anton was pretty good in general, I felt. The plane stuff was pretty funny listening though alright.

I kinda feel like it went downhill fairly swiftly when Anton walked out the door. Shocked he hasn't yet resurfaced on a different station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Matt Cooper is excellent. Challenges both sides of an argument

Local stations have their appeal as you say -- one thing I have to skip over are the local death notices because they put years on me.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with them of course.

As an aside, my local radio's most successful competition a couple of years ago had a prize of a chainsaw!!

I like the deaths myself, particularly when they fluff their lines.

Once the usual sombre guy mustn't have been available and another guy was reading the list and he wasn't 100% sure of one the addresses and simply said, well you know who he is and he's dead anyway.

Suspended for a week or two apparently.

• Advertisement

Anton was pretty good in general, I felt. The plane stuff was pretty funny listening though alright.

I kinda feel like it went downhill fairly swiftly when Anton walked out the door. Shocked he hasn't yet resurfaced on a different station.

The plane thing was done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Matt Cooper is excellent. Challenges both sides of an argument

The old Matt did...the current Matt sides with whatever SJW they happen to have on for the particular topic

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭KaiserLu

Love Ian in the morning, love Matt in the evening. Matt in particular is an excellent journalist, would have him any day over Ivan ‘ask the question but interrupts you before you get a chance to answer’ Yates on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

never heard of it until now... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    What ever happened to the Ray Foley show?

Him and JP moved to 98fm and then he left there to work on tv roles.

Ray does be on the virgin media 7 o'clock show think it is occasionally.

Not sure where JP ended up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Desiree Burch

Will Leahy on the drive home was the best thing about radio then they moved him to weekends. Shocking call.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FBWT

I'll still tune in to Matt Cooper when I get a chance, but stopped listening to Today FM or any other radio station donkeys ago. I'll catch up on podcast these days.

Tony Fenton used do a good show, as did Sam Smith on a Sunday morning (or was it Saturday?). Anton Savage was a massive improvement on that pompous git D'Arcy. Once he left I stopped pretty much gave up on Irish radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Its the only station I listen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Its the only station I listen to

Let me recommend you a station.
    http://8radio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Trekker09 wrote: »
    .....dare I say it but Mat Cooper is beginning to bug me as well

he's gone to the sjw side, he used to be quite a tough interviewer, now he has a bunch of lefties from the Journal who are feminist transition year students "oppressed" and Jennifer Gannon a tv reviewer who's never seen breaking bad/the wire and constantly pushes ****ty realilty tv shows in her reviews...than feck his sub Susan Keogh has gone elsewhere where it used to turn into Loose women...

Alison "do you have babies" Curtis/Paula "Ive a fella don't you know" McSweeney/Ferg Darcy and Louise Duffy are brutal presenters

Ed Smith and Paul McLoone are the only reasons to listen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

God be with the days of “ Long wave radio Atlantic 252”
    Feckin brilliant station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

he's gone to the sjw side, he used to be quite a tough interviewer, now he has a bunch of lefties from the Journal who are feminist transition year students "oppressed" and Jennifer Gannon a tv reviewer who's never seen breaking bad/the wire and constantly pushes ****ty realilty tv shows in her reviews...than feck his sub Susan Keogh has gone elsewhere where it used to turn into Loose women...

Alison "do you have babies" Curtis/Paula "Ive a fella don't you know" McSweeney/Ferg Darcy and Louise Duffy are brutal presenters

Ed Smith and Paul McLoone are the only reasons to listen

Fergal Darcy is literally the same as he was in secondary school, full of shiite. And speaking of, the "stories" he loves to tell about said secondary school are total walter mitty stuff. I like Ian Dempsey in the mornings but I wouldn't be bothered otherwise. Newstalk can be decent save for Ivan Yates "pretending" to be an utter buffoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Fergal Darcy is literally the same as he was in secondary school, full of shiite. And speaking of, the "stories" he loves to tell about said secondary school are total walter mitty stuff. I like Ian Dempsey in the mornings but I wouldn't be bothered otherwise. Newstalk can be decent save for Ivan Yates "pretending" to be an utter buffoon.

Dempseys kind of getting old/tired act for me....Mario is just a tired act as well, impressed how he stretched his popularity in 2004 to now

The weekend hosts are far better as well

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Not sure where JP ended up

He is a producer on Off The Ball on Newstalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Zorya wrote: »
    Only two shows worth listening to on Irish radio are John Kelly's Mystery Train on Lyric FM and The John Creedon Show on RTE 1. They can be transcendental on good nights.

Jesus wept, some of ye lot are as dry as sandals...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wasn't he going around hospitals putting his hands down patients pants?

No that was Al....

Seriously how could you mix them up....

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Ray moved to Cork station RedFM
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.redfm.ie/news/cork/ray-foley-takes-redfm-breakfast-to-the-top/&ved=2ahUKEwjkyaPoqPjdAhXBcsAKHdtoDEEQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1hskg8hQY6g8SfZsoo0fbc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I listen to Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

skearnsot wrote: »
    God be with the days of “ Long wave radio Atlantic 252”
    Feckin brilliant station

Ah now, it was constant repetition. Virgin 1215 was much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'm pretty sure she's Canadian

North American. ;)

Advertisement