Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift is a Democrat.

Options
  • 08-10-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭

Taylor Swift announces she is voting Democrat in November is this the beginning of the end for Trump and the Republicans as he army Swifties follow her lead.

I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.
    I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.
    So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting! 🗳😃🌈

https://www.instagram.com/p/BopoXpYnCes/?taken-by=taylorswift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This kind of stupidity is the reason why Trump won, and will probably win again in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought Taylor Swift was just a bunch of neurotic cats tied together in a blonde wig?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Journal Story on this put up, also in the last 10 minutes. Wonder if the OP is working for both the Journal and Boards.

Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

More celebrity virue signalling whats new thankfully its not her but the actual voters who decide who is president or not its because of condescending attitutes such as hers which has driven Trump to the white house in the first place and led to Brexit but they still get on their high horse to preach to everyone else about what they should do well they can get stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just wait for Taylor and Katy to go on Ellen and Oprah to put the rivalry aside for the sake of the nation and sing an anti Republican duet.

The world will be in tears at the Solidarity they are showing for the Democratic Party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Let them eat diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

In case anyone was wondering, this is funny because all the Trump supporting 4chan users were all convinced she was one of them. They held her up as a poster girl as someone pure that supported their cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No fan of Taylor Swift, a bit like Ed Sheeran she's a posterchild for all that's wrong with modern pop music.

But if this get's all the "Swifties" politically engaged and in some way helps to shorten a life long career criminal's stay in the White House, there can't be much wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Taylor Swift: Presidential Kingmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Agricola wrote: »
    No fan of Taylor Swift, a bit like Ed Sheeran she's a posterchild for all that's wrong with modern pop music.

But if this get's all the "Swifties" politically engaged and in some way helps to shorten a life long career criminal's stay in the White House, there can't be much wrong with it.

Not sure if they'll be politically engaged, I mean voting for someone just cos your "idol" does isn't great either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Taylor Swift: Speedy alterations while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Struggling to see why so many people see this as something significant. Most people living in the real world couldn’t give a shlte what way out of touch celebs vote. They were all insufferable around the time of Clinton vs Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

jamesbere wrote: »
    Not sure if they'll be politically engaged, I mean voting for someone just cos your "idol" does isn't great either

Well some kids who don't have a scooby doo about what's going on, might now actually get engaged due to her statements.

I agree about following idols blindly, but maybe that's the new paradigm in politics now. How else did Trump and Brexit become a reality.
    Democrats need to do whatever they have to do to make Trump a one termer. If that means getting 18 year olds out to vote because Taylor told them to....end justifies the means.

Agricola wrote: »

Pop music was always shít. Don't blame Tay-Tay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ebbsy wrote: »
    This kind of stupidity is the reason why Trump won, and will probably win again in 2020.

What's so stupid about it?
    Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Mutant z wrote: »
    More celebrity virue signalling whats new thankfully its not her but the actual voters who decide who is president or not its because of condescending attitutes such as hers which has driven Trump to the white house in the first place and led to Brexit but they still get on their high horse to preach to everyone else about what they should do well they can get stuffed.
    What's so condescending about telling people to vote according to their own values? I'm guessing you didn't even read it fully in your rush to do some signalling of your own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Putting some words in capitals is damn annoying

There are a few on boards who do that a lot also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Journal Story on this put up, also in the last 10 minutes. Wonder if the OP is working for both the Journal and Boards.

Hmmm.

Interesting. I wonder if threads are being seeded by the paid staff in order to drum up traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ebbsy wrote: »

No other viabae alternative, apparently. Which tells you a lot about American politics.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

My first thought when reading this was Taylor Swift is a democrat......

That's nothing, sure the Suzuki Swift is a car......

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I give a ****e that people give a ****e about this.

Society is clearly dumbing down.

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Hmmm.

Hmmmmm You read the Journal and post on Boards coincidence I think not, You must also be a paid staff member to keep this thread going and promote the story on Journal.

Do you have an address for me to send in my invoice?

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I give a ****e that people give a ****e about this.

You gave enough of a ****e to post about it thought.

Dumbing down indeed.

What's so stupid about it?

Very simple, look at his post history. He supports Donald Trump so anyone who says anything bad about him or his party shouldn't say it.
    Also, it looks like he's trying hard to be edgy and controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what's important is that I know what this 0.00001%er is thinking in her heavily guarded mansion.

thanks tay tay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I give a shíte that people give a shíte about this.

You gave enough of a shíte to post about it thought.

Dumbing down indeed.

Thats what he said, he gives a shíte..
    Good for you Chiki caring bout tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I am a Democrat supporter as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don't think anyone cares to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement