Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how much money is enough

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

rovertom wrote: »
    OP said 70k each not 35k each

Op here. To be clear my target (that I completely picked out of the sky) is 70k each. So 140 k in total a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Op here. To be clear my target (that I completely picked out of the sky) is 70k each. So 140 k in total a year.

Apologies, so you did.

1,400 a week or 6,600 a month is plenty of money for a couple, though, so I don't get your argument.

Cina wrote: »
    Apologies, so you did.

1,400 a week or 6,600 a month is plenty of money for a couple, though, so I don't get your argument.

I'm not attempting to argue anything. Just asking what other people would consider enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If you were able to get that as an individual, you would be in the top 1%.

If you were able to get that as an individual, you would be in the top 1%.

Yup. But still not be able to afford a gaf less than an hour from work. Class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

One-million-dollars-wmcs0v.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Stop working on the moon then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

Change where you work?

It’s the whole demand & supply thing. Price goes up to the highest level where the market can support it. I guess you work in the city centre ....like a lotta people....who would all like to live in the homes near by. But there’s only so many, so those with more money offer more to live there. If everybody had more money the problem would still be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

In current location and at current prices I think about €80k a year total family income would do it. Could afford a nice home comfortably, all home related expenses, nice holiday and couple of short breaks a year and a few bob towards the pension. For Dublin I'd have no idea, could the ordinary person actually get ahead there now with the way prices are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nothing is ever enough... Because your lifestyle adapts to match what you earn.

My income is 4 times what it was 10 years ago, I don't necessarily feel better off but of course I am. If I had to go back to how I lived 10 years ago overnight it would be a huge shock. Because you slowly adapt to additional income over years it is less noticable how much better off you are.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Nothing is ever enough... Because your lifestyle adapts to match what you earn.

My income is 4 times what it was 10 years ago, I don't necessarily feel better off but of course I am. If I had to go back to how I lived 10 years ago overnight it would be a huge shock. Because you slowly adapt to additional income over years it is less noticable how much better off you are.

Yeh that's how I feel like things are going alright. I earn about 4 times more than I did 3 years ago (was on a ****ty educational stipend), and I actually pay less in my mortgage than I was paying in rent then and I still feel like it's not enough. Life's strange. Think I jsut need to learn to be happy as I am and not constantly strive for more money. As you say it'll never be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeh that's how I feel like things are going alright. I earn about 4 times more than I did 3 years ago (was on a ****ty educational stipend), and I actually pay less in my mortgage than I was paying in rent then and I still feel like it's not enough. Life's strange. Think I jsut need to learn to be happy as I am and not constantly strive for more money. As you say it'll never be enough.

Always strive to earn more and do better... We live in a capitalist world after all. Just don't base your life happiness on it.

Advertisement