Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kane out, the useless punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson
    Alonso Robertson Doherty AWB Taylor
    Salah Hazard Ricky Fraser Westwood
    Aguero Arnie Ings

1ft and 1.7 itb. Plan was to get Mitro in but that would mean I can't afford Mendy unless I do Fraser to a 4.3 mid as well. 0.1 short of straight Taylor to Mendy swap. Might be time to downgrade Ederson for extra funds.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm in a similar boat where I want to upgrade Shaw to Mendy but can't do so without getting rid of Fraser for a ~4.5m replacement.

Seems silly to be doing that as Bournemouth face Southampton. I might bank this week and do the above in 2 weeks time.

How long does a price get protected after a red flag is removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    How long does a price get protected after a red flag is removed?
    8 days according to fiso.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Would be perfect if it wasn't an international break so. Hope Mendy doesn't have any impact tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Would be perfect if it wasn't an international break so. Hope Mendy doesn't have any impact tomorrow.

I hope he gets a straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

DeGea OUT at last...
    Patrick In.

How did I hold for so long :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Walcott out for Ricky. Should have just stuck with Ricky after the sending off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably Alonso to Mendy. Ings to King and Maddison to Ramsey for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Far too late but can't have Pedro continue to stink out the team. Have to lose some of my patience, has been costing me so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of going Ings to Arnautovic using some of the 2.2mil. in the bank. Have Fraser and Wilson so not going to get King in as I already offloaded him in my early wildcard and want to reduce my investment in Bournemouth. Any other strikers under 7.8mill worth considering?
    Currently on
    Ederson, Begovic
    Mendy, Alonso, Robertson, Trippier, Wan Bissaka
    Mane, Hazard, Fraser, Maddison, Hojbjerg
    Wilson, Ings, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

macraignil wrote: »
    Thinking of going Ings to Arnautovic using some of the 2.2mil. in the bank. Have Fraser and Wilson so not going to get King in as I already offloaded him in my early wildcard and want to reduce my investment in Bournemouth. Any other strikers under 7.8mill worth considering?
    Currently on
    Ederson, Begovic
    Mendy, Alonso, Robertson, Trippier, Wan Bissaka
    Mane, Hazard, Fraser, Maddison, Hojbjerg
    Wilson, Ings, Aguero

Jimenez from Wolves

Going to leave Mendy until the Southampton game I think. Need to downgrade Ederson first but won't be doing that this week. Ings to Jimenez maybe. Wolves flying and up against a makeshift Watford defence without Kabasele and Janmaat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kane to Augero
    Firminho to Lacazette done

Tempted to bring in Hazard too for Mane (who looks like a must have ATM)
    Taughts ??
    Will need to take a -4 point hit to get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Might bank the transfer.

Allison, Fab
    Robertson, Tripper, Pereira, AWB, Kelly
    Hazard, Mane, Fraser, Knockaert, Billing
    Aguero, Kane, Iheanacho

One dud player on bench, but other 3 are 90 minute players.

Stand out possibility is to downgrade Kane, and upgrade Knockaert to Sterling and then have 6.8m for a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have exact funds to do mane to hazard but hard to go without a Liverpool player with their fixtures. See very little mention of siggy here who's flying

eh i dunno wrote: »
    See very little mention of siggy here who's flying

Because so many have Ricky and I don't think anybody wants to double up on Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have exact funds to do mane to hazard but hard to go without a Liverpool player with their fixtures. See very little mention of siggy here who's flying

You must have missed my love letter this morning LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Because so many have Ricky and I don't think anybody wants to double up on Everton.

Plus funds are scarce as trying to fit 3 or even 4 big hitters is the flavour of the month at the moment.

Richarlison should do well enough for the extra 1m saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Sturridge could somehow get into the starting 11, he would be gold at 5.8m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Took a 4 pt hit to sell Mane and Trippier for Hazard and Doherty.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Note to self for near the deadline when I haven't a clue what I want to do.

2 FTs
    Looking at for - 4

Out:
    Kane, D. Silva, Alonso
    In:
    Lacca, Salah, Doherty

Might do.
    Walcott Out For Richarlison for - 8

I'm ahead in my main leagues so considering the -8 hit to get the team I want for next GW instead of delaying the moves

Knockheart is still in my thoughts also. I could. Really use another wildcard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hojberg out. Richi In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Kane & D. Siva to Salah & Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm definitely not tearing my team apart to get salah in. I see alot saying he is only a few points behind where he was last year but he was tearing it up in other competitions last year and he just doesn't look worth the money yet anyway. Neither firmino or mane inspire me with confidence either atm. So it's a tricky one. Sterling is a nice differential to have even with kdb back. My punt on son didn't work out so considering downgrading to knockaert or maddison but he may have become risky after this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

A lot of people wanting to drop Kane ahead of a visit to a leaky West Ham. I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure Kane has an excellent record against the hammers. Certainly worth holding fire until after the international break IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm definitely not tearing my team apart to get salah in. I see alot saying he is only a few points behind where he was last year but he was tearing it up in other competitions last year and he just doesn't look worth the money yet anyway. Neither firmino or mane inspire me with confidence either atm. So it's a tricky one. Sterling is a nice differential to have even with kdb back. My punt on son didn't work out so considering downgrading to knockaert or maddison but he may have become risky after this weekend

City are so, so, so annoying to try and predict.

With KDB back soon, you'll have he and Fernandinho as definites in the front 6. Then probably Aguero (there is no evidence whatsoever anymore that Pep prefers Jesus in any way. Aguero is number 1).

So effectively, you've Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Sane, Bernardo Gundogan fighting it out for 3 slots.

Sterling is their best proponent of timing that run to the back post to score a tap-in that they have. His pace and timing is superb. he's probably nailed on. i think Silva is more nailed than Gundogan, but you just never know when Pep will just switch them for a game, so it's a nightmare (and I have Silva). and where the fúck does Bernardo fit then? he's least effective in that wide position, but he can play there. then Mahrez will get minutes, as will Jesus and Sane. Pep could probably pick any variety of his options, particularly for the 'easy' games they'll have.

I'm honestly thinking that i'll ultimately have KDB, Aguero and maybe Mendy. but even Aguero's minutes are being managed carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably going to bank, team looks strong and I actually have a selection dilemma with Bennett (Watford, H) currently on my bench.

Would like to have a 3rd Liverpool player for their nice run but the performances haven't been electric lately so Salah and TAA maybe enough for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KDB is 9.7, thought he was alot more for some reason, looking likely to be in my team when fully fit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dahat wrote: »
    KDB is 9.7, thought he was alot more for some reason, looking likely to be in my team when fully fit.

He's a banker for my team at that price. Straight swap for Mané too. If Mané looks like dropping I'm going ahead with it. :)

Advertisement