Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

RedRochey wrote: »
    Why did Mando not pick up his jet pack after putting in down? Would've made getting to Baby Yoda a lot easier :D

Plot devices aplenty. Why did Fett insist he take it off in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Plot devices aplenty. Why did Fett insist he take it off in the first place
    I presume because it's a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,094 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A thought struck me before leaving the sack this morning

Could the experiments the evil Moff is planning to conduct on poor wee Grogu have something to do with how it came about that

1ntz8tir2gh41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Could the experiments the evil Moff is planning to conduct on poor wee Grogu have something to do with how it came about that

1ntz8tir2gh41.jpg

New Rockstars on youtube have good videos exploring this topic, don't want to get into it in case they end up being spoilers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Or the baddie just wants force powers by nicking them from babbie Yoda?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Homelander

Isn't he trying to forcibly create Imperial force users?

The Mandalorian is so cheesy and camp at times, but it's good old fashioned fun and it's so incredibly in-tune with the original trilogy.

Had to laugh at Fett going on the rampage with his big gut, unintentional comedy at its best.....was cool though.

Also I enjoyed Ashoka and Rosario Dawson was pretty good, the makeup and costume were a bit too...."good cosplay" rather than proper studio quality.

Also wish stormtroopers had something or someone insignificant to actually kill sometimes, their hilarious incompetence does get kinda tiresome at times.

Good season so far though, just plain good fun. It's a shame this creative team wasn't in charge of the new trilogy, they clearly have a infinitely better understanding of, and love for, the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Homelander wrote: »
    I
    The Mandalorian is so cheesy and camp at times, but it's good old fashioned fun and it's so incredibly in-tune with the original trilogy.

I think the whole (original!) universe was cheesy and camp, tbh thats kinda what always put me off it, I find the Mandalorian to be a good mix of Sci Fi and Fantasy and enjoy watching it (certainly more so than the other current sci-fi offerings that I have...a-hem, discovered)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Had to laugh at Fett going on the rampage with his big gut, unintentional comedy at its best.....was cool though.

Also I enjoyed Ashoka and Rosario Dawson was pretty good, the makeup and costume were a bit too...."good cosplay" rather than proper studio quality.

Also wish stormtroopers had something or someone insignificant to actually kill sometimes, their hilarious incompetence does get kinda tiresome at times.

Good season so far though, just plain good fun. It's a shame this creative team wasn't in charge of the new trilogy, they clearly have a infinitely better understanding of, and love for, the franchise.

It's similar to the original trilogy, in A New Hope, Stormtroopers really only killed Luke's family and Jawas. They were useless against anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,094 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wibbs wrote: »
    Or the baddie just wants force powers by nicking them from babbie Yoda?

I just have an inkling there may something more momentous linked to the overarching trilogy plot underlying events in the Mandalorian that may not become clear till season 3 or 4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    It's similar to the original trilogy, in A New Hope, Stormtroopers really only killed Luke's family and Jawas. They were useless against anything else.

Rebel soldiers slaughtered in the opening scenes and there's, literally, billions blown to dust on Alderaan.

This is one of the worst things about the TV show, is the lack of danger any of the heroes is actually in. They've taken the stormtroopers can't shoot nonsense to a truly ridiculous level. To the point that they're just irritating to watch when they are on the screen.

Making the antagonists incompetent doesn't make the protagonists look good and it isn't funny. It just sucks all the drama out of the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you don't think the Mandalorian TV show is studio quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Tony EH wrote: »
    Rebel soldiers slaughtered in the opening scenes and there's, literally, billions blown to dust on Alderaan.

This is one of the worst things about the TV show, is the lack of danger any of the heroes is actually in. They've taken the stormtroopers can't shoot nonsense to a truly ridiculous level. To the point that they're just irritating to watch when they are on the screen.

Making the antagonists incompetent doesn't make the protagonists look good and it isn't funny. It just sucks all the drama out of the piece.

the missing on purpose theory is the only theory that makes it work

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So will we see Grugo in the next episode at all I wonder and how long will it take Mando and co to rescue Grugo?

AMKC wrote: »
    So will we see Grugo in the next episode at all I wonder and how long will it take Mando and co to rescue Grugo?

Grogu. And I’d say we will.

Disney will launch 10 new Star Wars series in the next few years.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/disney-launch-20-marvel-star-wars-tv-series-over-the-next-few-years-1234654195/

Ahsoka
    After making her long-awaited, live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series, Ahsoka, starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

Rangers of the New Republic
    Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, Rangers of the New Republic is a new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni that will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.

Andor
    Andor, a tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, is set to arrive on Disney+ in 2022. Diego Luna, reprising the role of rebel spy Cassian Andor from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgård, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Ewan McGregor returns in the iconic role of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi for a special event series on Disney+. Officially titled Obi-Wan Kenobi, the series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where he faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. The series is directed by Deborah Chow, who helmed memorable episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1, and features the return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader.

The Bad Batch
    The Bad Batch follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army—each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose. This animated series will arrive exclusively on Disney+.

Star Wars: Visions
    Presenting all-new, creative takes on the galaxy far, far away, Star Wars: Visions will be a series of animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators. The anthology collection will bring 10 fantastic visions from several of the leading Japanese anime studios, offering a fresh and diverse cultural perspective to Star Wars.

Lando

The galaxy’s favorite scoundrel, Lando Calrissian, will return in Lando, a brand-new event series for Disney+. Justin Simien, creator of the critically-acclaimed Dear White People and a huge Star Wars fan, is in the early stages of developing the project.

The Acolyte
    Leslye Headland, Emmy Award-nominated creator of the mind-bending series Russian Doll, brings a new Star Wars series to Disney+ with The Acolyte. The mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

A Droid Story
    As Lucasfilm continues to develop new stories, the intersection of animation and visual effects offers new opportunities to explore. Lucasfilm Animation is teaming up with Lucasfilm’s visual effects team, Industrial Light & Magic, to develop a special Star Wars adventure film for Disney+, A Droid Story. This epic journey will introduce us to a new hero, guided by legendary duo R2-D2 and C-3PO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

10? :eek:

That seems like a lot, and not in a good way. I guess all ages will be catered for with that many shows lined up, though.

Ahsoka, Boba, Obi-Wan, Cassian Andor and "a female-centric series from Russian Doll co-creator Leslye Headland"... What else, I wonder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At first I thought that number was insane saturation; but then, presumably this also counts the sundry children's cartoons produced, so live action, older focused shows might only be four or five?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pixelburp wrote: »
    At first I thought that number was insane saturation; but then, presumably this also counts the sundry children's cartoons produced, so live action, older focused shows might only be four or five?

Full details not clear yet but I'd expect more live action than animation.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't call them children's cartoons, I've just started Clone Wars thanks to The Mandolorian and I'm enjoying it and it adds to Star Wars lore.

The original films are for children too but was enjoyed by adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,639 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see Hayden Christiansen is back with Ewan mcgegor then in obi wan kenobi. It’ll be interesting to see when this is set and that. You’d assume it’s set before episode III.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I see Hayden Christiansen is back with Ewan mcgegor then in obi wan kenobi. It’ll be interesting to see when this is set and that. You’d assume it’s set before episode III.

I'm a massive Star Wars fan but no way will I watch Hayden Christiansen ever again. Diabolical acting

'Andor' is the only thing I care for on that list.

forumdedum wrote: »
    I'm a massive Star Wars fan but no way will I watch Hayden Christiansen ever again. Diabolical acting

If it's merely a quick flashback, it won't be so bad. But he really doesn't belong anywhere near the show at all.

TBH, I think this Obi-Wan show is going to end up being pants.

Andor will really depend on whether they choose a more adult story as he was a ruthless little cu... erm, runt, or so it seems with the impression his character gives in Rogue One.

Ahsoka I'm all in for, especially with Filoni at the helm, the same goes for Obi-Wan. The rest, not so much. That High Republic stuff, anything I've read of it seems like a load of shite. I would much prefer if that project was focused more on the Old Republic.

Ahsoka feels like it could be a live action continuation of Rebels.

Given the name drop at the end of Ahsoka's Mandalorian episode, that seems like a given. There were people asking Tiya Sircar recently if she'd be up for cutting her hair and dye it to reprise her role of Sabine for live action and she said she'd do it in a heartbeat. That'd be nice to see.

https://twitter.com/tiyasircar/status/1336050678863564802

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

A streaming platform needs content i guess, I wonder is the success of the Mandolorians innovative scrolling vr screen technology (whatever the term they're using) what is allowing them to produce this many effects heavy shows.

Another solid episode this week. Some nice, tense action and some continuity callbacks to a portion of the main story of Battlefront II. I've always wanted to see the cockpit rotation of a Firespray ship, that was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Great episode, think I enjoyed this one the most so far.

Nice to see Boba in his re-sprayed armour looking less tramp-like and great line - "they might recognise my face".

The way they handled the cargo delivery/heist was excellent, and made me think back to how bad the cargo boost in Solo was portrayed, where it felt that the director was more interested in showing off a mag-lev train.

And I particularly liked how the access terminal was just there in the canteen and that no further star trek type 'bypassing' was needed to access it!

But as long as Favreau and Filoni and in charge of the other series - Star Wars is really looking good for the next decade!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

forumdedum wrote: »

Crikey.

Use the force pal, he might improve.

Advertisement