Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eagles- 3arena Sat 6th July 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glad everyone enjoyed it gutted I had too sell my ticket but ah well. This Vince gill era seems to be a success

This no cameras thing is really becoming the norm. Dont think it would be possible for all types of shows.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Glad everyone enjoyed it gutted I had too sell my ticket but ah well. This Vince gill era seems to be a success

This no cameras thing is really becoming the norm. Dont think it would be possible for all types of shows.

The concert was amazing. All the lads are extremely talented musicians. As Don Henley said, no dancing, no pyrotechnics....just a bunch of guys with guitars. Vince Gill was excellent, Joe Walsh was in great form (it was a pleasure to see him olay guitar on Hotel California and the 2 or 3 of his own songs were very good) and Deacon Frey did a great job. Don Henley threw in Boys of Summer as well, one of my favourite songs.

I found the no cameras thing really annoying tonight. I didn't film anything at the concert but some people around us were. We were sitting on the edge of a row and the stewards we falling over themselves trying to stop people filming if they were on the end of a row. It was very distracting!! All the while people sitting in the middle of a row well away from the stewards could film all they wanted. Enforcing it seemed a bit pointless and was more distracting than the people filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The concert was amazing. All the lads are extremely talented musicians. As Don Henley said, no dancing, no pyrotechnics....just a bunch of guys with guitars. Vince Gill was excellent, Joe Walsh was in great form (it was a pleasure to see him olay guitar on Hotel California and the 2 or 3 of his own songs were very good) and Deacon Frey did a great job. Don Henley threw in Boys of Summer as well, one of my favourite songs.

I found the no cameras thing really annoying tonight. I didn't film anything at the concert but some people around us were. We were sitting on the edge of a row and the stewards we falling over themselves trying to stop people filming if they were on the end of a row. It was very distracting!! All the while people sitting in the middle of a row well away from the stewards could film all they wanted. Enforcing it seemed a bit pointless and was more distracting than the people filming.

Imo the rule should not exist as we play enough for tickets and in this current society camera phones/social media recordings are so widespread. Once people aren't blocking the views then it's fine by me. Were Aldults at the end of the day and there too enjoy and not be told were bold ha

I do like recording some of my favourites and rewatching them (brings back memories etc)

One of those things

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Imo the rule should not exist as we play enough for tickets and in this current society camera phones/social media recordings are so widespread. Once people aren't blocking the views then it's fine by me. Were Aldults at the end of the day and there too enjoy and not be told were bold ha

I do like recording some of my favourites and rewatching them (brings back memories etc)

One of those things

I'd be the same, recording generally doesn't bother me all that much. I think Don Henley doesn't like it. I remember his Marquee gig back in 2016 had a similar ban. Tonight I found the stewards trying to stop people from filming far more intrusive and distracting than the people actually filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I say the stewards hate those gigs as well, extra job for them telling people to stop recording.

Going to the concert 2morrow, looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Wow I really hope he does Boys of Summer tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's sort of a Catch-22. As has already been remarked, reprimanding people on the aisle while letting others in the centre of the row get away with it is ridiculous, but stewards worming their way past patrons in order to tell someone ten seats in to put their phone away is worse.
    It's really impossible to police it in an arena without causing further distraction.
    I have been at a few concerts where people completely respected the no camera rule, though: Kate Bush in Hammersmith Odeon, and a few King Crimson shows, most recently in the Albert Hall.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Wow I really hope he does Boys of Summer tomorrow!

He will. The setlist is set in stone.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Any checks on names on tickets at the door? I bought tickets for my mam and aunt for tomorrow and offered to hang around with them to show my ID if needed, but could really do without it on a Monday evening.

Theres nothing on the ticket or email about named ticket holder only, but I was checked at a recent concert at the 3arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamaria

Anyone there last night, am I ok to use the ticketmaster app on the phone to be scanned at entrance or do I need to get tickets printed?

• Advertisement

villamaria wrote: »
    Anyone there last night, am I ok to use the ticketmaster app on the phone to be scanned at entrance or do I need to get tickets printed?

App is fine. Used it to get in on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamaria

App is fine. Used it to get in on Saturday night.

Thank you! Pressure to find a printer is off

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Any checks on names on tickets at the door? I bought tickets for my mam and aunt for tomorrow and offered to hang around with them to show my ID if needed, but could really do without it on a Monday evening.

Theres nothing on the ticket or email about named ticket holder only, but I was checked at a recent concert at the 3arena.
    No ID requirement on this event

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What time did they finish up at on Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

What time did they finish up at on Sat?

Around 10:40. They played for 2 and half hrs

TheJet wrote: »
    Around 10:40. They played for 2 and half hrs

Ah crap , I may have to run before the end :( My bus leaves busaras at 11 although if i get to the red cow i can get a 11.50 bus home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Spectacular gig, they're just in another league as a still touring stadium band. So much magic coming from that stage.

Joe Walsh must be the most underrated lead guitarist of all the classic rock bands. I was almost in tears during "Walk Away", nothing special a track itself but f*ck tonite he shows what axes and amps are made of.

Brilliant visuals also.

Worth every cent of the ticket price.

I was so impressed on Saturday, I went again yesterday.
    Both phenomenal shows. I'd give last night a slight edge, probably because I'd a great seat on the flat, but there was nothing between them really.

"If I'd a'known I'd be singin' this the rest o' my life, I'd a'written something else..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

It was a great show but I felt the last time I saw them was better. Perhaps it was because I was standing on the previous occasion. Around me people didn’t seem to be into it at all really.

Great gig from start to finish last night even though i only knew the hits i still really enjoyed it.

We had a group of women behind us who wouldnt stop talking for most of it which was a bit annoying and they also thought Rocky Mountain Way was too depressing:confused::confused::confused:

Apart from that it was an incredible gig and money well spent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The concert was absolutely brilliant, one of the best shows of seen. Decon Frey is absolutely gorgeous and amazing voice. Joe Walsh is such a cool guy 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The Eagles last night were simply superb (for a fan of course).

Vince Gill and Deacon Frey did a superb job on Glenn's songs.

In my opinion, the sound was studio quality and the background film / graphics were fantastic without being ott. And Joe Walsh was his usual great self.

I think it is my gig of the year so far (just ahead of Gladys Knight)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

First time I had seen them and I was very impressed with 3 septuagenarians plus some newer faces putting on a great show

There may have been no videoing allowed, but stills were fine:

484863.jpg

484864.jpg

484865.jpg

Only picked up a ticket a couple of weeks ago, but was delighted with my position

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Gutted I had to sell my ticket, any mention of another tour next year. I’m so gutted that if they were playing on east coast America next year I’d go & make it my holiday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Amazing the difference in the views on the sound quality for this compared to Wonder it must be competence of the sound engineer. Ive been at some awful sounding shows there, most recently Beck and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Do anyone know if the eagles will tour in2020 either Europe or North America.

Advertisement