Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

New Amsterdam (NBC) [** Spoilers **]

• 26-09-2018 7:57am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

This started last night in the States. I just watched the first half of the episode so far, but I'm adding it to my list. I knew I'd like it after the first 10 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,428 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Ye i enjoyed that and a nice twist at the end that might give the series an ending right from the first episode.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

Yeah I just finished the whole episode. Kind of manic (in a good way) and a good ensemble cast.

If anyone is interested, that version of "Fix You" near the end was by Canyon City.

Shazamed it myself :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

Same. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 74,945 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

It is the 1st new show of this season to get full season pick up

https://tvline.com/2018/10/10/new-amsterdam-full-season-order-nbc/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭ stargazer 68

Loving it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ B-D-P--

Dare I ask, how do ya watch it?

Pm me if its not Safe for boards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭ geecee

New Amsterdam is definitely my "feel good" show (or at least its fairly feel good at the moment!)
    Great to watch on a Sunday night to help alleviate pre Monday morning blues!

I have to say this show knows how to pull on the emotional strings and the midseason finale sure does that.

I have to say it's also does a great job with the soundtrack.

I love this show. Damn, that was a serious cliffhanger.

I think my favourite scene in the first 9 episodes was where Max was dancing with Georgia. It was so well written and acted. No spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but I definitely had something in my eye for that one. :o
    I have to say it's also does a great job with the soundtrack.

The songs, yes. The score, not so much. The random drumming is like nails on a blackboard for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭ Poochie05

Any channel picked this up on this side of the Pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭ Mc Love

Watched first two episodes and its really good!

Why does this show bring me to the verge of tears, every single bloody episode?

Good to have it back. :o

I might have been a bit distracted but I might have give it another watch, I dont really like the whole flashback filler episodes.

Is it wrong that
    I want Max to die whenever the series finishes.No Hollywood ending survival story

Mc Love wrote: »
    I might have been a bit distracted but I might have give it another watch, I dont really like the whole flashback filler episodes.

There were only three short flashback scenes (a couple of minutes each -
    Max meeting Georgia, Max proposing, Max getting job offer
    ).
    Most of the episode was in the present.

@AC - agree totally. They won't do it though.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Any channel picked this up on this side of the Pond?

Amazon Prime Video UK has secured the UK rights

Excellent news! My favourite new show this season.

Added to Prime today looks like it will run weekly as they added all aired episodes.

• Advertisement

Really good episode this week.

I can't see how they give
    Max the Hollywood ending. They also don't have a show without him thought. He has to die for the series to make sense.

Added to Prime today looks like it will run weekly as they added all aired episodes.

No sign of any of the post-hiatus episodes on Amazon Prime yet, only goes as far as episode 13

So who's blood is that?

One episode left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ Yggr of Asgard

Oh My Gods, what for a Finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ Yggr of Asgard

I mean it looked like it was going to be a feel good story with some nice closure of story lines but than the last 100 seconds happend.

Sure it just looked too perfect so I did know something had to happen but wow.

Thanks to the gods this has another season.

Yes that’s one hell of an ending.

Second half of season 1 now available on Amazon Prime

Holy sheet! Didn't expect that! I'm literally in shock

• Registered Users Posts: 31,589 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

Excellent ending and season wrap-up.

• Advertisement

I just finished the finale. I'm shook. What an episode.

That was the mother of all endings.

Advertisement