Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Roast Chicken, Ham, Mash, Carrots, Cabbage and lashings of gravy -cooked by my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The traditional Sunday bill of fare of two meals has been followed here today, a fry/grill for breakfast and a roast dinner.

They would have usually been interspersed with a few drinks in the local pub catching up with friends and neighbours and maybe watching a match together, seems like a distant memory now but hopefully those days will be back again sometime soon. God is good, keep the faith.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

The traditional Sunday bill of fare of two meals has been followed here today, a fry/grill for breakfast and a roast dinner.

They would have usually been interspersed with a few drinks in the local pub catching up with friends and neighbours and maybe watching a match together, seems like a distant memory now but hopefully those days will be back again sometime soon. God is good, keep the faith.

Ah Jaysus you're reading my mind in every sense, except we were never Sunday drinkers, Saturday afternoon in our local watching a bit of racing would be more our thing, god I miss those days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

GoneHome wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus you're reading my mind in every sense, except we were never Sunday drinkers, Saturday afternoon in our local watching a bit of racing would be more our thing, god I miss those days :)

Wednesday evening and Sunday evenings were my Pub days in times past. Four pints and a chat. Maybe once a month me and Mrs G. had a few early evening drinks on a Monday/Tuesday in Winter time. Place to ourselves by a big fire.

Grub tonight was homemade wraps with chicken, peppers, sweetcorn etc. Served with mixed salad leaves, red pepper, balsamic dressing, sweet chili sauce and spicy wedges. A good feed. A few scoops now as once again - not up for work tomorrow.:(

IMG_20200517_165033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A few scoops now as once again - not up for work tomorrow.:(

IMG_20200517_165033.jpg

I know we're sticking ridgidley to the Sat evening and the odd Sunday beers, as is being done this evening, f$%k it nothing else to be at :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Wednesday evening and Sunday evenings were my Pub days in times past. Four pints and a chat. Maybe once a month me and Mrs G. had a few early evening drinks on a Monday/Tuesday in Winter time. Place to ourselves by a big fire.

Grub tonight was homemade wraps with chicken, peppers, sweetcorn etc. Served with mixed salad leaves, red pepper, balsamic dressing, sweet chili sauce and spicy wedges. A good feed. A few scoops now as once again - not up for work tomorrow.:(

IMG_20200517_165033.jpg
    Awww that is quality fare.

A tub for one Tiramisu.

A bacon toastie and OJ.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mayflower chicken curry.
    Trashy, but delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

A tub for one Tiramisu.

My only problem with tiramisu is that the portions are never big enough for me.

• Advertisement

Mash, peas and sausages with gravy and two pints of fizzy vitamin C drink, couple of chocolate biccys now with a big mug of tea.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Last night I took mince and southern fried chicken fillets out of the freezer. The plan was to make burgers for tomorrow and have the chicken for dinner this evening. Slight change in plan. I had a chicken fillet burger with lettuce and mayo for lunch. The girls had the chicken with chips for dinner. I'm nicking a burger tonight to have with mashed potato, mashed turnip, peas and gravy. Oh yeah!

One pot of Tiramisu left and it will be mine.

Last night I took mince and southern fried chicken fillets out of the freezer. The plan was to make burgers for tomorrow and have the chicken for dinner this evening. Slight change in plan. I had a chicken fillet burger with lettuce and mayo for lunch. The girls had the chicken with chips for dinner. I'm nicking a burger tonight to have with mashed potato, mashed turnip, peas and gravy. Oh yeah!

One pot of Tiramisu left and it will be mine.

Many's a slip between cup and lip, be on the ball.

Remember that last slice of chocolate cake that mysteriously vanished on ya?

We don't want another stewards enquiry.

Many's a slip between cup and lip, be on the ball.

Remember that last slice of chocolate cake that mysteriously vanished on ya?

We don't want another stewards enquiry.

Lucky for me the other pair don't like Tiramisu. It's the one dessert I can have all to myself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Club orange and ice cream in a wafer :)

Homemade KFC with the gravy, chips and a few onion rings. More pints of fizzy vitamin drinks to wash it down and a nice mug of tea now.

I lost myself in the garden the last few days. Some threads on Boards can be a real head wrecker.:D To generate a great appetite, I've spent a few days painting the decking and shed. All three of us have chipped in. Todays weather was so good we ordered Pizza and Indian grub and had it in the back garden. Defo outdoors again tomorrow.:D

Mint cornetto :)

I lost myself in the garden the last few days. Some threads on Boards can be a real head wrecker.:D To generate a great appetite, I've spent a few days painting the decking and shed. All three of us have chipped in. Todays weather was so good we ordered Pizza and Indian grub and had it in the back garden. Defo outdoors again tomorrow.:D

Funnily enough I had a little help painting my shed today, will throw up a picture when it's finished. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Autosport wrote: »
    Club orange and ice cream in a wafer :)

My god its so long since Ive had a can of Club orange, I'm going to get me one tomorrow. Might stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes too before cracking it open, just for that extra refreshment

Had a smashburger here tonight topped with melted plasticky cheese, crisped bacon and a couple of jalapenos. Have a packet of Aldis teeth and lips jellies for desert

• Advertisement

Had a can of club lemon today and thank god they never changed the receipt

A nice cup of tea whilst looking out the kitchen window at our newly painted shed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I just had something I haven’t had probably in decades, a french toast sandwich. I used the two heels of a batch loaf and had cheese and ham for the filling. It was absolutely delicious, I will not be letting more decades go by before my next one.

Shopping was a day early this week so got to have my crispy Lidl bun Death Row dinner again, roast beef this time with smoked cheddar, coleslaw, tomato and red onion with the obligatory homemade chips. Had enough of the vitamin drinks for a while so had a cold can of Woodgate cider on the side.

Had one of those pecan pastry slices for dessert and having a Pink gin and tonic with ice now and why not? We'll be dead long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Grilled cheese and tomato sandwich and a cup of tea

Leftover spag bol,it was even nicer today. I got the best gift ever today, 6 fresh ,proper cream cakes, I had the cream donut and a pastry with cream and jam, I have craved a cream cake for ages and these hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Coffee, chocolate cake & very nice company.
    I'm like the cat (or kitty) that got the cream! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Maybe not the prettiest, but small sardines (Cantara brand) on parsley garlic sauce on toast.

IMG-20200521-110041.jpg

https://www.food.com/recipe/parsley-olive-oil-and-garlic-sauce-478156

Curry later. Beer soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

513758.jpg

Homemade cream of vegetable soup and freshly made brown bread. Would eat it x10 more this week.

I made way too much brown bread cos I had a full litre of buttermilk and 600g wholemeal flour to use, so I froze a few slices of the fresh stuff for emergencies. There are two more loaves in loaf tins ready to go; one mixture in the freezer for next week and one for the weekend in the fridge.

We don't really eat all that much bread but I learned a long time ago that you might as well make extremely nice bread instead of wasting all those calories and carbs on gross shop-bought stuff. Although sometimes you just need a sandwich made from a white sliced pan.

Advertisement